Monday, While Majorly Motivated

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Monday, While Majorly Motivated

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:06 am

repost from 23 October, a little over a month ago, posted by Harriet. Thinking of Harmony today, also. I looked back and Sunny posted on 31 Oct about her stroke.

It's nice to have a slow day once in a while, don't you think?!
- Harmony, last evening

So true.

But it's not usually a Monday.

Mondays, following a brief period of denial, are here to get us motivated. Majorly.

What are you motivated to do this week? How is Monday going to help get you there?

Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Monday, While Majorly Motivated

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:15 am

Thinking of Harmony today. As it happened, when I looked back for interesting Monday themes, I found Harriet's, which quoted Harmony from the night before. Which led me down the rabbit hole to find when Sunny let us know about her stroke.

Anyway, I need to get myself motivated this a.m. Mondays are typically a slow start today but not today. Somehow I have a haircut at 10:30 and body work at 11:30. And the dcleaning lady, now instead of coming this afternoon, is coming this morning around ten. :roll: :roll: :roll:

So I need to leave a check and leave house ready for her. And between now and ten a.m. (eeek!) get things ready, have my breakfast and walk the ddog. I am not showering today, just wiping up and I'll let her wash my hair. And a.m. routine, what I do of it.

But all that means the afternoon is free, too.

I gotta get going!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Nov 27, 2023 9:33 am

Hi!

I need to empty the dishwasher and wash 1 large pot. I might throw a load of dry stuff back into the dryer to unwrinkle it, so I can hang it up.

First knitting group starts at 10 and ends at 12. Second knitting group starts at 1 and goes until 3. I need to go to 2 different banks which are both on the same street. In this tiny town all of the stores/services are either on the north/south street or the street that goes east/west at the southern end of the other street.

We are having meatloaf, mashed potatoes and a green veggie for supper.

It's extremely windy and 1 degree above freezing here right now. Plus it's cloudy.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:22 am

I'm basically non-functioning this morning. It is 10:20 and the only daily done is unloading the dishwasher.

When I sit still at the computer, I don't cough. When I don't cough, I don't create a laundry issue for myself (bladder muscles aren't strong enough.)

But the decongestant I took almost 2 hours ago seems to be working so I need to step away from the computer and try and accomplish something.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 11:32 am

Thank you for sharing that d twins!!!! d twins I hope it won't be too bad if she comes
enjoy your body work and your day

hello d harmony

thinking of sweet sunny!!! praying!!!
we are all with you sweet sunny!

d cathy good morning enjoy knitting

d Kathryn im continuing to pray for the colds to go away and that you feel better

good day to all of you!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:07 pm

yesterday mom made some clove decorated oranges - she never made them before and loved it. the bowl is on the kitchen table and it smells amazing.
A little sunshine on my table.

I brought her back home early and it worked at well for me.
I hope took her night time meds.

I couldn't believe it but I left a bag of presents on the floor at Macy's in downtown Chicago - :shock: - oh well - may it will bless someone else. it's financially not worth going downtown again - time wise and parking expense.

--------------------------------------- AS THE DAY TURNS.... DON'T FORGET THE SOAP OPERA MUSIC AND A COUPLE OF .... DA DA DAAAAAA MOMENTS.
dd older is not a good patient. :shock: she was sick for 2 days - instead of being grateful that her sister watched and stirred the rice for dd older she complained it wasn't done enough. :shock: I can't say anything bc dd older will think I am going against her and being with dd younger. dd younger was not amused by the lack of gratefulness. I saw this behavior - of hanging on to what she wanted/needed when she had her ED - a long time ago. I am very sensitive to it. its a trust issue.

I have a hard time with of jealousy or sibling rivalry - I understand part of it - especially the amount of time and work dd older does. I will be thoughtful of the feelings but it has been difficult with dd older feeling slighted. Perception is everything. if dd older has this perception it is real to herl even though she is not being kind or fair. She does need to stay in her lane when it comes to dd younger and my family.

I can only pray for her and for dd younger even if my fear is that dd older is pushing dd younger away without realizing.
What can I do... be thoughtful ... understand.... and have dd's figure out their own relationship but be loving to both.

I had t have a talk with dh to not put my mom on dd younger and dd older thinking he is helping me. It just makes it worse.
SOAP OPERA - FINISHED FOR TODAY.... As BLESSED'S DAY CONTINUES. MUSIC PLAYING .... 8-)
Don't worry - I am joyful. This is something they have to figure out. Being older means that I can see that a lot of things that cause hurt and pain in ones youth seem easier to fix if one talks and comes to a compromise-sees the other persons side - and stay in ones lane - it's not anyones job to tell another how to live. you make it through it one to hundred times and learn that you don't have to go done every negative road there is. it's a waste of time with our loved ones. That love is limitless. Hurts are real and it's important to talk.
------------------------------------------

Right now my dehydrator is still going as mom cut the oranges really thick - I didn't have the heart to remind her how to cut them after one time telling her how to do it.

POSITIVE THOUGHTS.

t’s a new day, it’s a new week
It’s a time to trust and be blessed afresh

Open it up to possibilities of good
Believe that better things are in the wings
Things long desired
Things that will warm your heart
Embrace them from afar
Then pull them in by faith
Last edited by blessedw2 on Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:21 pm

Up at 5:30 a bit late for me. Did some qt but my other routine is off so I just skipped a couple of things.
Just counted it as change it up! LOL! :mrgreen:
I continued with that theme and vacuumed early. Counts for a few steps.
Had my bfast. Pie & coffee no crust.
Watching a squirrel.
Sun in the forecast is covered by fog again today oh well.
Count it all joy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:23 pm

waving good morning at you d Nancy!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:23 pm

jobs
1. clean off kitchen table

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Nov 27, 2023 12:43 pm

(((((SHE group hug)))))

The hardest part of leaving Thanksgiving break has been accomplished. Just getting started can be a challenge but this morning had 4 time sensitive events that needed to happen without impinging on the others. We successfully made it to the first 3 and DH and DS15 just left for the 4th one.
7:30 - DD12 to school
8:00 - DH, DS15, and I at the gym
9:00 - DS15 doctor appt
10:30 - DS15 to music studio for lesson

Now that we made it through this morning group of appts the rest of the week looks easy.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”