Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Tuesday Ta Dah PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:38 pm

I am not excited by this but I need to go to the store for chicken for tonights dinner- I will pick up mom at 5:00?
get gas for mom's car,
go to the post office
Fannie Mae for a choc. santa
look at garland
return ribbon?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:49 pm

I’m in the school pickup line for Dgd…
Dgs had to leave school again and is at the doctor’s office right now. I can’t help but worry about him. DDIL suspicion”walking pneumonia.”
Dgd and I are going to pick out a birthday cake after I get her. She wants Princess Peach, but apparently one cannot get her without all the Mario characters. So I’ll be making 2nd trip to Wmart in a minute.

Ta-da — 2nd load of laundry is underway.
— Talked to dmom on phone.

Sooo glad to see LadyM having a more human moment, but i am sorry your day started so rough, LadyM!
See, I’m glad I’m not the only one… but this is more the rule, instead of the exception, in my case.
I’m thinking about trying to shower at bedtime, rather than morning, and see if that helps change my morning.
Tomorrow is another day.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:02 pm

I need to look back at LadyM's eating plan.

I worked out. She called it five, hive, thrive? or something, can't remember what was in the middle. I did five segments of cardio of three minutes each, with strength training in between. I am beat!

I need to go ahead and walk ddog again. She is an impatient little dictator.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:20 pm

Home from the city with 30 minutes to spare before getting DD12 from school. Then I can stay home for the rest of the day. I have a pile of SHE cards to get through still. I'm going to pull out the priority must do cards (rabbit care, etc) and make sure they get attention today. The rest of the cards will have to slide over to tomorrow. Thinking Annie song...Tomorrow, tomorrow

I'm giving myself a break with the reward of CUOP.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:08 pm

LadyM -- I do apologize if you were offended at any of what I said -- I'm definitely not GLAD you're day started off-kilter, and I KNOW you are definitely human, but you generally do so much better than me at staying "with it," doing your cards and managing two children and your husband, pets, gardening, church activities, and in years past, even elder-care!!!
Like Ken in Canada, I spend too much time on FB, etc. In my case,just mindlessly scrolling, wasting time, and sometimes :oops: getting caught up in some discussion I'd do better to just stay out of! (Football weekend, exhibit one.)

Anyway -- dgs has strep. In a way, I'm glad he finally has a clear diagnosis. I mean, it's been rough -- flu two weeks ago, strep now -- but at least he's on an antibiotic now and the NP said he should feel better in a couple days.
Back to laundry for me.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:20 pm

(((sweet dil d Lucy)))
I hope d grandson is okay!
yay on laundry

waving to everyone!

only did a few things - I couldn't pick up the chicken and get it cooked in time for everyone; I decided to wait until tomorrow.
went to post office - they finally have an outside mail collector - first time in years. I didn't have to go inside.
got gas for mom's car.

I need to call the restaurant and have something else delivered for dinner for mom. I feel a bit guilty not cooking but it will be okay.

bought a nice fake garland - I used to only buy real but they dry up soooo fast.

right now I am the deer in the headlight!
what will do me good?
------------------------------
hope for tomorrow:

-take dh to get a wallet that he likes. (not me)
-pay dd younger back for cat carrier
-Fannie Mae
-bird seed for sparrows
-apple cord for computer
-find a nice stick to hang garland across window in kitchen.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Nov 28, 2023 6:53 pm

I am definitely not offended. It made me smile that ya'll see me different than I do. I am only doing a smidgen of what I would like to do. I dream of being organized and having the whole house decluttered. I dream of creating beautiful quilts. I dream of hosting family and friends frequently with ease. I dream of having healthy menu's planned and able to be consistent in following healthy habits. I dream of planning frequent adventures to get me out of my bubble. And on...and on...and on... Will I ever be able to achieve my dreams? Probably not but I am not ready to give them up. I'm an optimist so I use whatever method I can find to keep me moving forward.

Kathryn - I am intrigued about your FB links. Thank you for posting the instructions. Although I have too many friends to do individual links by following your instructions it inspired me to do a little digging around to see if I could improve my FB viewing. I am cautiously optimistic that I found a way to see like we used to be able to do. Using the mobile FB app you can use Feeds to select your friends, favorites, groups but I don't see that ability using the browser. On the laptop browser I went to https://m.facebook.com which opens the mobile version of FB in the browser. Then on the left side select Feeds. It gives subset of Favorites, friends, groups and pages. So far it is working well for me but who knows how long until their algorithms change.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:16 pm

Some ta dahs:

-Did Global Entry application for when we're returning to U.S. in April, don't know if it will be approved by then.
-talked to dd for awhile on phone
-worked out and walked dog
-checked on upstairs bedroom, which is in good shape
-got out our suitcases
-sent email to dog sitter with info
-gassed up the car for drive to ATL
-7500 steps. If I had worn my Fitbit for two laps this a.m. I'd be well over goal of 8500

Lucylee, strep makes sense with the throwing up. My ds sometimes threw up before his throat was ever sore.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:50 pm

I have been writing this after noon winds came up mixed feelings on that but it is getting leave off the tree and roof.
It is cold there will be raking to do but I am waiting a bit like for another day! LOL!
I have water on the stove for some humidity.
Turned on the lites to tweak them a bit at dusk.
So far so good.
Turned on the holiday tunes and got triggered by that so turned those off and will go with some thing else like cocoa coffee!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:27 pm

All clean laundry is away!

It's dark, there is snow on the ground, so therefore I think I should go snuggle up in the bed. Soft pillows, a goose down duvet and a sleeping cat with a pile of books on the table beside me... plus dd is coming tomorrow and the house isn't an awful mess.

Contractor guy came and put more mud on the drywall. He said he will be back tomorrow night to do more mud and then SATURDAY he will be back to finish!! Fingers really crossed for this to happen.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”