Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:49 am

Good morning

I'm home from today's first 3 out-of-house events. We have 6 more out-of-house events later today.

DH and I had a good laugh at DS15 silly high energy antics before he did gym workout. He wasn't so high energy afterwards. He is doing homeschool assignments now. I'll check them later today.

Kathryn - I hope the cough gets better soon. (((Sending healing thoughts your way)))

Twins - I hope your NYC trip has many happy moments and some great memories made.

I had Greek yogurt and deviled eggs for 1st meal today. Green salad and grilled chicken will be lunch. I'm taking a store-bought bag salad with a few added ingredients to pizza meal with church family tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:52 pm

Thank you for the happy travel wishes! I am hoping it all goes well - I have some anxiety about traveling with dfriends and they keep talking about walking everywhere (which is dh to a T) and I worry about keeping up and being too tired and overwhelmed. I don't think it's Lucylee rubbing off on me, I think as I get older I'm less flexible and more tired at times.

I got out to grocery, car wash, recycled glass, dropped off at Goodwill and went to bank. I didn't expect dh to be home when I got back. He's packed and has been cleaning out some things in his closet. :lol:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:59 pm

so far - cut apples that are now in the dryer
spoke to mom and she needed more time to wake up - she called me at 10:40 happy as can be and said that she knew I would worry about her if she didn't call. :D very sweet -

dh's face is swollen - he won't do anything about it. He did finally took a benydral - praying it's not a kidney issue again - last time his arms, hands etc. swelled. he needs a kidney stent but won't do it.

I did a god walk through and put away through the first floor
cut up apples for the dehydrator
swept floors
flip flop of laundry a couple times - washing dog blankets.
etc. etc.

the bathrooms needs cleaning!!!!!

I hit a bit of a cranky spot - I had to smile bc my family was annoying me a bit - I had to look at myself and realized that "MAYBE" I was the cranky annoying one. Yep! I will enjoy the cranky for a bit.

I found myself talking to myself as I brought laundry (that I had asked others to bring up ;) 8-) last week). dd younger heard me talking to myself - and laughed - "who's cranky now" 8-) (it's okay I let the dogs (3 big dogs upstairs) and they jumped on her bed to wake her up. 8-) my crankiness brings out a little evil inside of me. it's okay - her door was open anyway lol

time to call mom
get dressed for real
and leave for mom's
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:01 pm

waving at you d twins!
hello d lady have a wonderful day!
hi d Nancy!!! yay on your journal writing

waving to everyone.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:03 pm

I think I'm probably annoying and cranky too. I didn't expect dh underfoot (standing in the kitchen, on his phone) right now. Also TV going.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:46 pm

I did the dishes and wiped off the counters between the sink & stove and the stove.
Have my brunch.
I rounded up 3 boxes of donation for but have not heard back suspect they want $ an not boxes of stuff.
But it got me up to my step count for the morning.
Still foggy & frosty outside.
----
Had my lunch
still foggy outside.
Had a great writing session.
Had dinner nice change.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:37 pm

I prepared 2 kinds of already cooked grilled chicken breast filets along with rotisserie chicken. I wanted to get opinions of which one is preferred. We all voted not to get the deli prepared grilled chicken again. After we voted I compared the price of the 3 chickens and was surprised that the one we didn't care for was the most expensive ($8.48 lb). Our 2nd choice was the frozen chicken breast filets which is $4.66 lb. 2 out of 3 of us preferred the flavor of the whole rotisserie chicken as our first choice. It is $1.66 a lb but that does include the bones. I do enjoy the comparison of similar foods. When eaten at different times I don't find it as easy to compare the taste and texture.

We have bright sunshine this afternoon which caused me to shed my long sleeves and spend some time outside. I asked DH to bring the the bolt cutters and cut one of the cattle panels for me. I wanted the 16' cattle panel cut into 9' and 7' length. I have a plan to use them in the raised garden beds for multiple purposes. My first priority is to be able to stabilize the tomato plants when they are over 10' during the summer months. My second priority is to use the heavy-duty panels to create a temporary greenhouse during the winter & spring months. I am in my happy place with a bonus of having hands in dirt and bright sunshine.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:12 pm

Have a great trip, Twins!

Boy, this has been another wasted day for us.
Had to get up early (for us) and go get dh’s testing done at the kidney center. That was quick and fairly easy for him, and we ate lunch afterwards — greasy spoon hamburger for him, chick-Fil-a for me.
Then we came home and caught up on our sleep.

I’m real concerned about the kidney center, y’all.
He took his bag of specimen in, lady told him to put it in the sink. Already a sample sitting there but it wasn’t in a bag. I said, “it doesn’t have his name on it or anything…”
She said, “that’s ok “
Then she took his blood, put no label on the vial, laid it down, and it sure looked like there were other vials laying there beside it. MAYBE they were empty? Who knows.
Then she led us to the sonogram room.
I said, “do you want me to put his name on that sample?”
She said, “I’ll put it on there.”
Shaking my head…
This is a well-respected practice, but I felt real uneasy about that lab. I told dh, if it’s good news, fine, but if it’s bad news, we’re going to tell them we don’t trust it and they have to do it again.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 10:07 pm

Did another round and decluttered the pans added to the donation boxes.
So yea for more success!

-----
I have to change out the fall and Christmas theme signs out front this week.
I am enjoying my holiday decor.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:20 pm

The decongestant did its job and I was able to attend the fire safety event which was very successful. Lots of notes I should have spent the afternoon writing up. I didn't.

After I finished lunch (at 2:15) I checked emails and there were a dozen with Urgent Meeting Re Dec 24 as the subject line. Eventually, we decided to not meet but handle it over email which worked since our committee has lost so many members there weren't too many people weighing in.

Then my sister called. Other emails as well, I just don't recall them all.

Dinner, then slug on the couch, my cough getting worse and worse, until I got up to get the final round of emails handled (pat on the back to everyone for solving things by email.) The phone rang at 9:15, another personnel matter will hit the fan tomorrow morning and I was being given a heads up. That took until 30 minutes ago. I'm ready for bed but will sleep on the recliner in the hopes my cough will be less. At least dh will get a good night's sleep.

Tomorrow I have an errand and then will spend the day dealing with the fallout from tonight's call. Sigh.... It does give me the opportunity to make my escape and find another church so that's a decision I'll make when I catch my breath.

I'm hoping the cough will start improving overnight. This is day 12 of the cold symptoms, and I'm just finishing day 4 of the cough, each day being a bit worse than the previous one. My neighbour who tested positive for Covid on Saturday sent me a text today to say she just had her second negative test (24 hours apart) and will be out and about again. She never really was all that sick, certainly less sick than I was. Then again, last spring while dh was in the hospital, I was really sick with the cold, then got a bit better, then ended up with Covid which wasn't nearly as bad as the cold was. Certainly, within the apartment complex there's both the cold (which is lasting 3 - 5 weeks for people) and Covid (which people are recovering from in a week) circulating. I drew the short straw, I guess.

Return to “Post When You Can”