Thinking Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Thinking Thursday

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 30, 2023 4:29 pm

Have been on overwhelm here.

We did get our power back, late but not so long into evening that we were really cold, just getting sorta worried about it. Happily, I found ways to watch the funeral of Rosalynn Carter, which was meaningful to me. What I missed, I was able to get back to and watch later.

The extreme freeze took out the last of my outdoor annual flowers - amazing to think that took until nearly December.

Ds came with dgdC and he measured, leveled, arranged the blocks that will be the foundation for the storage building. DgdC and I had a good time with sewing room, plants, some interesting tv.

Recommendation - DgdC's new favorite children's animated movie on Net flix really impressed me - Leo, which is the brainchild of Adam Sandler. I didn't get to watch it all, but we had a good time and dgdC, who HAS watched it all, vouches that it is a good movie for older elementary children, plus middle since her brother laughs at it.

Recommendation - Meanwhile, dd25, the young man and I recommend the current movie, The Holdovers . The only real warning I would have is that you will find yourself trying to think of ways the problems of these endearing characters could be solved, long after the movie is over. It's a think piece, somewhat adult content but barely deserves the R rating, I think, and I'm a prude.

We've been working in the LR since tree arrives tomorrow. Rearranging. Also, HRH has been working on the possibility of hanging a large quilt in there for the season.

Sewing when I can. Into small projects for gifts, etc., now, as I enjoy a change.

We are in for rain, which we understand will mess up this weekend's plans for getting the building here, so maybe next weekend.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:19 pm

Harriet I am glad you got power back last night & that you got to catch the parts you missed on Rosalynn Carters' funeral.
I have been weepy this week so I avoided that. Hoping I can watch it on yt later.

I have laundry going.
Did a swish n swipe in both bathrooms.
I am pleased to have the dishes current and put away as well. Yea!

------

Bread is perfect!
I picked up the back yard after the ddoggo .
Laundry is dry folded & put away I just did one load today not enough for a 2nd one.
Did wash up dishes after dinner.
S2slippers before bed.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 01, 2023 12:16 am, edited 3 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Nov 30, 2023 5:40 pm

Uh-oh. Hmmmm..... ..

Had to post in Harmony's address thread Ramblin' gave us and Sunny commented on in Members Only.

blessed, I told my kids that the PBS youtube at minute 1:20 when her grandson speaks is really good.

Have been outside preparing a little bit for the bad weather coming. Really should go back. Brrrr :shock: Bracing!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Nov 30, 2023 6:48 pm

I have some anxiety about traveling with dfriends and they keep talking about walking everywhere (which is dh to a T) and I worry about keeping up and being too tired and overwhelmed. I don't think it's Lucylee rubbing off on me, I think as I get older I'm less flexible and more tired at times.

(((Twins))) I do hope I am not rubbing off on you!!! Hope you have a great time. Don't pay any attention to me!

I have no time to think today, and have not cuop at all -- I have 7 minutes till the oven timer goes off -- I'm baking cookies.
Today has been:
* haircuts (dh & me)
* post office
* city hall to drop gas payment in the dropbox
* Wmart to get dgd's bday cake
* home -- oh. my. goodness. Sheldon is in high gear today.
-- rinsed hair and scrunched
-- helped him average his bp for the month
-- helped him calculate bonds that are due tomorrow & interest owed ds
-- helped him get dgd's basketball schedule on calendar (could NOT get it to emil from text message so I could print it!)
-- set up dining room for tonight's bday party
-- called dmom to make sure she's party-ready, needs no driver (she's fine)
-- washed dishes that were in sink
-- started baking cookies (promised to ds since db & his wife took a LARGE portion of those I made for Tgiving!)

Just need to finish cookies and go get pizza now. Party is not till 6:00 pm, it's 4:48 right now.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:58 pm

Lucylee - Happy Birthday to your DGD

I am home from my final out-of-house event of the day. DS15 and I went to watch girlfriend play basketball in a tournament about 15 miles away. They won so will be playing in final bracket on Saturday.

I am out of energy and just want to sit and zone out for the rest of the day.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 01, 2023 2:18 am

Thanks, LadyM! I think she had a great time. She LOVES dbil’s girlfriend so she was excited to see them, and of course she couldn’t wait to open more presents. Everyone seemed to have a good time. My dmom seemed to be doing well.

Thinking…
I’m thinking HOW to start the new year and work in the zones AND the “extra” things — projects — I need and want to do — organizing photos, etc.
I’m thinking, each week has a zone… maybe each week should have a specific project.
I’m just thinking…

Of course, right now, in maintenance mode, Christmas is the zone AND the extra project. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”