Thinking Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Thinking Thursday

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:38 am

What are you thinking on this Thursday?
I woke up in the night thinking of the stuff in the top cupboard that needs to be donated.
So I can clean it out and make room for things I actually use like my Christmas cups.
I got the stuff off the fridge and have room for it in a diff. spot now yea!

-----
Snow / freezing rain north of us.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thinking Thursday

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:58 am

Good morning

Nancy - thank you for opening the SHE village today.

I'm home from my 1st of 4 out-of-house trips today. I woke up before the alarm and didn't want to stay in bed because I felt rested and ready to get started on the day. The first 3 hours of my day have been smooth as I did one SHE card after another. After the Thanksgiving break, I struggled and it took me a couple days to get back into the school schedule but now it seems to be no big deal.

When I took DD12 to school she was telling me about things that happened in her class yesterday, so we were sitting in the parking lot talking before DD12 got out of the car. The school counselor saw us and walked up to our vehicle window and asked if I would go on incentive trip next week. I looked at DD12 for confirmation that she was okay with that, and she had an excited look in her eyes and a big smile on her face. Sooooo....I'm going to our state capitol next Wednesday with a bus load of 7th graders. They are shopping in the mall and then ice skating. I can't decide if I'm excited about this or not. I'm thankful that I'm healthy enough to stay up with them (I hope).
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:40 am

d Nancy thank you for starting us out!!!!
have a wonderful day!

hi d lady yay on being back on routine. I bet it feels good!
I hope your dd has a wonderful time on her school trip!!! I hope you have a wonderful day!

have a wonderful day everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 11:53 am

I found out that mom didn't eat the lunch I sent her the day before yesterday. :shock: No wonder she was very confused yesterday.
She saw a sign that said North pole - "I have been there and it's cold". I am sure she was talking about her trips to Norway & Sweden, above the tree line in Canada etc.
it was very sweet though.

dh and I are going to look at wallets for him. (since I left the wallets downtown (Chicago))

today my goal is to look at what I can do - what I can and can not control. I want to stay in the grateful category.

can't control:

dh and his determination not to pay attention to his swelling on his face - out of my control. I tried. He gets mad. (as he ages I have noticed this more and more-no logic to it so I can do only what I can do.

can do:
I can make sure mom takes her meds - I can make sure she eat at least two meals in front of me.
dd younger leaves for Florida on the 2nd so mom and I will be full time. I need to get into a routine for her on my own.
be grateful and happy that dd will have friend/work/personal time on her own.

time to see what is on the 3 x 5's
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:26 pm

Home from 2nd out of the house trip. I combined 2 stops in this trip. Before we left for the gym, we went through our cash stash and made decisions on which denominations needed to be replenished. The bank is just a block away from the gym so it was quick stop to take care of that. This is a monthly task so that card can be refiled now.

B: Greek yogurt and deviled eggs
L: Big green salad with grilled chicken.
D: Beef Stew and cornbread
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:50 pm

Morning….

Got to sleep in till almost 8. I usually wake up when my body says so so I must have been tired.

Drank my coffee and did my morning routines. Today is laundry day so I got that going. Then I went to work on my closet redoing drawers and other things that were bugging me. Took 1.5 hours and I am glad it is done. I am working counter clock wise through my house. Next up is the drawer next to my bed. It’s where I keep much of my meds and it needs a redo as well.

Then it’s back in my kitchen to finish my Cmas decorations on my island. My dinning room table is covered with Cmas odds and ends so it needs my attention as well.

Sweetie wants to go to Home Depo but it told him he would need to wait until I’m done. Don’t want to break my focus.

Tonight is trivia night at the club house. We play in teams. Im not that good at it yet but I do have fun.

I am cutting way back on my media stuff. I waste too much time just scrolling through useless stuff and I like the results of not doing that.

Off to attack my bedroom drawer …don’t want to loose my mojo. Hope Twins had a safe travel. I am very aware of the Newark airport if that is where she’s headed. Been flying in and out of that airport for more than 70 years!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Thu Nov 30, 2023 12:58 pm

Long time, no see! It was before Thanksgiving that I was here last. Have had ups and downs since then.

Our Wednesday “Thanksgiving” was a mixed bag. It was a wonderful dinner and a nice visit — until my brother insisted that we watch a special with a comedian he likes. To say this guy does dark comedy is an understatement; to my mind, most of it wasn’t even funny. For example, he did a 15-minute routine on taking a friend to the abortion clinic. So there we were, trapped by social convention. At one point, I made a joke about how our uncle would end a visit. (When he was done, he’d stand up and say, “Okay, Barbara, let’s go.” It didn’t matter if we kids were playing or my mom and aunt were in the middle of a conversation, he’d just stand up and 5 minutes later be out the door.) I didn’t have the nerve to follow in his footsteps.

The Thanksgiving-iest thing we did on Thursday was to have turkey meat loaf for dinner. I didn’t even watch the parade, live or on demand. Friday, we had a lovely time playing games with friends, and Saturday, we found ourselves invited to play games with other friends and went there after DH and the kids got back from the zoo. Sunday was a typical Sunday.

I had a big accomplishment this week! At the prodding of my therapist and with the help of my family, we got the dining table excavated! We actually ate dinner there last night for the first time in a couple of years! (Sorry about all the exclamations — I’m just so thrilled!) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The next challenge is to go through the boxes surrounding the dining table so we can have friends over and play games here. But first, The Most Important Thing is to get DC to finish their request for reinstatement at college. It is due tomorrow. They’re working on it, but I need to make sure they stay on task. (As it is, I would feel so much better if it were done already.) I will go check on that while you ladies have a lovely day!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Nov 30, 2023 2:31 pm

Quiet day so far.

I slept better than the night before but that's not saying much and it was in the recliner, not my bed.

I still am having coughing fits despite the decongestant.

I've manage to do a couple of small things around here including assembling my new clothes drying rack, which turns out to be 3/4 the size of my old one. And shorter. I'm disappointed and dh had repaired my old one but it is still really wobbly. It is 15 years old and the hinges are plastic so it is no wonder that it has been steadily getting weaker and weaker. The top hinges broke entirely a few weeks ago but dh bought brass ones to patch it up. Still, it is only a matter of time before the bottom hinges will fail. In the meantime, we had carefully chosen a rack that would be sturdy and this one has thicker tubing than the old one and bigger wheels so we chose correctly from that point, we just forgot to pay attention to the total size.

The Christmas glasses and mugs have been through the dishwasher, so I'll put those away next. And dh and I brought up two more bins from the basement for decorating since tomorrow is the 1st and I'll want to get the lights on and the door decorated.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:44 pm

Hi!

I've been to the accountant's office and Costco for dh's meds and then I stopped and bought the can of paint for the hallway. The robin's egg blue is going to get covered up. I liked that colour, but with the re-construction, things got a bit ripped down, so repainting had to be done and this colour is no longer available. It was only in the alcove where the washer and dryer live, so that's okay.

We are having pork chops in gravy and mashed or boiled potatoes and (most likely) corn because we've had peas twice this week.

Another extremely windy day here.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 3:45 pm

I put away more Christmas cups and dish.
I have one more to put some where a glass canister I use some times turns out I have two of the same side I can let go of one. .
The I might need to declutter ones are going out to the shed in a bit. Put em out there.
Glad for some more progress.

Did some writing.
Raked leaves off the front lawn.
Got mail ugh bills med. ins.is going up $15 a mo. the other is from my check up last mo.
Glad the fresh air helped with the stress relief outside.
Leaves are still on the roof I think.

I have food for today ~ store run soon. LOL!
I have bread rising now.

Return to “Post When You Can”