Friday, First of the Fa, La, La Month

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Friday, First of the Fa, La, La Month

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 01, 2023 7:36 pm

I've had full insoles made by the doctor by using something that looked like upside down xray that I stood on to find foot pressure points and they created impressions of my feet to create the insoles. It was a complete waste of time and money for me because the custom insoles hurt my feet worse than using nothing. DH went through the same process and the custom insoles worked great for him. I could get the doctor created custom insoles for free (insurance pays) but since they don't work for me, I use what does work (Dr Scholl) and pay out of pocket.

DH just took DS15 to 3 small towns away so he can watch girlfriend play her 4th game of the week. Girlfriend Mom will be bringing DS15 home later tonight.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:06 pm

Dinner was a hit.
Worked a bit more on my planner sheets using white out so I can upcycle some old ones.
Did the dishes again.
PJs are on again now.
We just had some freezing rain sleet half snow what ever your call it.
I am in for the nite.
I put away some more odds n ends in the living room.
Sewed another seem with out any problems yea!

Got th donations rounded up and out side under the eves.
Now the gal a friend of dd wants to chat a bit sigh so I have to clean & not idea when she is coming.
Poo! Not really have much folks over the house is not too bad but it's been a busy day & I'm in pj's.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2023 9:26 pm

Today just keeps on giving.

I have a new hot water pot arriving today. The front door phone rang but no-one was there. That prompted me to check our delivery. It is to arrive within this hour but it also showed my shampoo arrived earlier today (unexpected, I thought it was coming tomorrow.)

Not at my door so I went downstairs to look for it. Not in the mail room, on top of the parcel lockers or in the inner or outer lobby. Sigh...

Came back up to the apartment. The photo with the delivery (which I had to dig around for) shows it was delivered to the mail room but not the mail room of any of the three buildings in this complex! FFFFFFF.

I've put in a parcel is missing and they say it will arrive by Monday but that's the autobot not a real person. But I've put in an "parcel is missing" notice for it.

Now I think I might go sit in the outer lobby for the next half hour in the hopes that I can short circuit my $280 purchase from being stolen.

<Later>

Parcel was delivered before I got downstairs. It was left in the mail room. Thankfully it was still there when I got there, and bending down to pick up the huge box, I spotted the other parcel pushed in out of sight on the shelf below the mail boxes. The photo posted with the delivery notice was uploaded sideways so it looked like mail boxes with a bookcase beside them, instead of mail boxes with a shelf with dividers below them. Sigh....

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 01, 2023 11:33 pm

Kathryn, good job package hunting. We got a pkg delivered this evening that said (on email notice) that it had been handed directly to a resident who signed for it with the name, Harriet. Imagine my surprise :| having signed no such thing and having seen no such thing. It was outside, not placed on the porch, so I was glad I went looking in the dark. It was raining! Most deliveries are much more honest.

blessed
, it makes me want to get your dmother's attention and say something helpful about women making decisions without asking anybody at all. But I realize she knows, and this is something she's probably just reverting to at times. My very enlightened ddad lost his filters at times and reverted to saying some things that could have offended, but perhaps would have been more "normal" if heard decades before. About women's decision-making, the church-growth speaker who came to my old in-person church a few years ago actually said - out loud - that if men couldn't be the decision makers they probably wouldn't return to a visited church, so it was important to offer them positions early. What a remarkable evening that was.

Nancy, I'm glad your sewing machine is mostly cooperating. Mine has some glitches but I work through them. I don't want to spend the money for a new one.

I sewed through the evening on a present for dstepson and dstepdil. Pondering ways to finish the edges now.

lucylee, another problem I have is that 2 of the jackets are Carh ardts. I don't know if you've priced those lately, but - one way of looking at it - they are 30 percent more expensive than the fun presents we chose for ds' children. So, they skew my whole value/price applecart, and you can't even play with them.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 02, 2023 12:08 am

I did a quick spiff and swept so that helped.
House is tolerable.
So that will have to do.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:32 am

Oh, yes, Harriet -- THOSE jackets would completely blow the budget around here. Wmart jacket, which I found about $5-$10 cheaper than A-river, can be a small portion of dgs' gifts, and he'll still feel like he's getting some "fun" gifts, too. Of course, your older boys realize what a great present that particular jacket IS, and it will last forever, or at least till they outgrow it & have to hand it down to a little brother. My dgs is outgrowing everything overnight, it seems, and our goal is just that he doesn't tear up the zipper before this season is over. ;)
Another thing is, it's hard to find "fun" gifts for an 11-year-old boy whose favorite thing is his Nintendo Switch. :roll: I mean, he plays basketball and baseball, but he doesn't need/want fancy equipment for that... he still likes board games pretty well, but those require others willing to participate... he doesn't really get into reading books, although he soaks up info from the internet... it's just tough to come up with something really good for him.

It has been a LONG day.
Bank, oil change, I had to go to liquor store to get dh some whiskey to make cough syrup with, (and so far it does seem to be helping. He only took one dose a little while ago, when he went to bed.)
We went to the Christmas parade w/ds & family, then dgd came home with us and I spent time entertaining her -- we had to do something of an art challenge, each of us drawing something.
Then she went to sleep and dh discovered his lab results from kidney doctor were available online. LONG PROCESS of reading up on all THAT -- just enough info to make dh more nervous. I'm giving ddil a copy tomorrow and having her check it over with her nurse's eye, see if she can offer any reassurance.
His glucose was 130 -- high for the very first time. I told him this is also the very first time he's had it checked without fasting. I think before they would start prescribing glucose, they would want a fasting reading, don't y'all think?
Sigh. He has just been in full Sheldon-mode the past two days.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”