Friday, First of the Fa, La, La Month

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Friday, First of the Fa, La, La Month

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:39 pm

that is awesome d Nancy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sorry your dh accidentally threw out your shoes and the inserts! I am sorry d Kathryn!

d harriet - I am sorry your tree didn't come! good job on looking up! hope your dd's beau has a wonderful birthday

I thought of Doris day's High hopes and Frank Sinatra's High hopes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvgo7K3BXI0 video Frank Sinatra

Next time you're found
With your chin on the ground
There a lot to be learned
So look around
Just what makes that little old ant
Think he'll move that rubber tree plant
Anyone knows an ant can't
Move a rubber tree plant

But he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes
He's got high apple pie
In the sky hopes
So any time you're gettin' low
'Stead of lettin' go
Just remember that ant
Oops, there goes another rubber tree plant

When troubles call
And your back's to the wall
There a lot to be learned
That wall could fall
Once there was a silly old ram
Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam
No one could make that ram scram
He kept buttin' that dam

'Cause he had high hopes
He had high hopes
He had high apple pie
In the sky hopes
So any time you're feelin' bad
'Stead of feelin' sad
Just remember that ram
Oops, there goes a billion kilowatt dam

All problems just a toy balloon
They'll be bursted soon
They're just bound to go pop
Oops, there goes another problem, kerplop
Kerplop
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:42 pm

I went over to mom's' - had her take her meds, and fed her a nice brunch.

I am going to do st. Nicholas day today as dd younger has to go back to florida for work.
I am doing one for mom as well.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 3:45 pm

Back from town, Rx place bank & store run done yea!
Home safe it was snowing when I came out not sticking glad it stopped on my way home and roads were good.
I was bit nervous.
Had lunch brought home one of those deli whole chickens have not had one of those in ages yum!
Food is put away now. 99% of it anyway.
I am ready in case I do not make it to the cmas thing got special foods for me gam hem stuffing green beans etc. simple meal for me.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:21 pm

emptied dw and refilled bc I didn't have the heart to do dishes last night. dw washer is washing away.
I made a hot cocoa for me.

I disappointed my family - :D I put on mulling spices with dried oranges/lemons - I received the "mmm, that smells good, what are you making?" only to disappointed faces. I wanted the smell of the holidays without the work 8-)

next clean out the sink,

I am glad you are home safe and sound d Nancy!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:33 pm

Harriet — I just ordered a jacket for dgs!!!!
But he did tell me he needed one.
He actually needs at least two more. I ordered a puffy jacket, but he also needs a lighter rain jacket AND some fleece zip-up jackets. He wears the same orange and blue zip-up fleece jacket, EVERY DAY, zipped completely to the top, and apparently keeps it on all day. Autism? Who knows? But he definitely needs to be able to switch this out every now and then, you know?

Good news — bobble heads for ds, dnephew, and dbil all arrived today, and they look pretty cute.

(((LadyM)))

Kinda promised dh I’d get decorations up this weekend, and I MUST start on Christmas cards tonight.

At the oil change place right now…
Christmas parade is tonight.
Dgd will spend the night, and she and dgs will both be with us tomorrow during the day. Then dgs tomorrow night and probably both Sunday afternoon.

BUT — I am hoping dh and I can get away and go see a movie (Napoleon.) we shall see.
Also — did some thinking last night on late night post.
I have HIGH HOPES for the new year! :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 01, 2023 4:40 pm

Lost my post..
Oh well there’s always tomorrow.

Waving to y’all
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 01, 2023 5:02 pm

Kathryn - What a disappointment about the loss of your shoes. I recently ordered another pair of Dr Scholls inserts. I have worn them for years and consider them vital for my foot comfort. The standon machines are no longer in our WMarts but I already know which insert fits my foot the best (CF 420). The WM stores carry them but because it is easier I ordered from ariver.

The sun has finally broken out from behind gray clouds and my mood and energy level reacted to it. I would not make a good eskimo or submariner. I wouldn't do well living without sunshine for long periods.

DS15 05 Duramax motor failed yesterday. When it happened, DS15 was just a half block from Ben's home so he pulled into his driveway. DS15 recorded what the motor sounded like and texted the recording to several of his mentors. Micha, Brendon, Rasty, Gage, Matthew and Brian all told him that from listening to the sound that it wasn't good. DS15 was devastated so we talked through the experience and discussed this is just a fact of life when you're driving 20ish year old vehicles. After getting home from watching Addison ballgame Brian and Kayden helped DS15 unload his dirt bike from the back of his broken pickup and bring the bike home. Today Micha put his engine testers on DS15's pickup and said injectors 2,4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 were bad. Also the turbo. All that translates into about 7k to repair. Micha said the hard part will be getting parts. Diesel engine parts are becoming hard to get.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:31 pm

LM dson so sorry for his repair news.

I walked ddoggo around the block in the snow that melted when it hit the ground. Got some vids. of it and doggo was happy with that short walk.
She was at the patio door a minute ago, I opened it she stood there and did the check the weather sniff did not go out then laid down on the towel I put down for her earlier after the walk and it snoring now. :mrgreen:

I put fresh pages in my planner. Took out full ones & excess dividers. Sipped coffee and enjoyed the holiday tunes on now.
Got the foam pumpkins inside.
Gotta put them away and switch the laundry. *poof*

Had a fight with my sewing machine earlier & won!
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:35 pm

waving. Our washing machine broke - I have the company coming out to fix the washer on the 4th.
-------------------------------------------
Having a bit of a struggle with allowing dysfunctional thinking that I thought I had beat a long time ago.

mom is deep into worry that dd younger is going back to florida - not bc of her going but bc she believes that my brother needs to make the decision. dd told him already and he is fine - she just wanted him to know bc mom will be here but not to ask if it was okay. I know the frustration runs with the long held notion that men make the decisions and about money. That my brother will be upset and that I should not make him upset. he doesn't care.

I know it bothered me as a youngster as it was my mom was pushing it and not my dad. She always complained about it He wanted me independent. Equal respect is important to me. Talk it out seems like a good thing for compromise and respecting the other person.

I still struggle with others judgement or if another person gets upset with me bc I am choosing something else. I tend to back off bc it scares me in a way that I know is unhealthy.

I know it's silly but I am frustrated that this brought up feelings of my youth and my mom's insistence on that my brother makes the decisions or that I should get worried if dh gets upset about having her (mom) in the house.

praying I can not let this bother me. my youth was a long time ago. I can't let her ways make me afraid of talking to the ones I love. I also have to let someone else own their judgements of me or the girls actions bc it doesn't have to do with us. It is their own problem not mine.
Praying for strength that also has kindness and is filled with wisdom.
------
okey dokey
I am going to make cookies for mom and dd's st. Nicholas gifts for tonight. I still love doing it. I got my mom an apple for her shoes but oranges for the girls.

dd younger is going to pick up mom for dinner at our house. Her dementia is worse when she stays home. We are having walleye

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 01, 2023 6:41 pm

LadyM: I'm a CF410. Unfortunately, they aren't sold in Canada. Ariver has them but at 2x the regular price (someone buys them in the US and brings them to Canada to sell.) I will likely order them from US Ariver and have them shipped to the border and do a border run. Or just break down and get custom's made. Dh loves his. You pay $500 for the first pair and $350 for remaining pairs if I remember correctly.

There are other companies that sell great insoles but they aren't great for me and my latest pair led to foot problems in the spring that lasted all summer.

The joy of the machine was there was something between 1 style fits all and custom. The one style doesn't work for me. (I've tried 2 brands now.)

The Christmas lights are up in the living room windows now and the two bins emptied.

I used to put lights in the two corner windows but then we got a new, larger, artificial tree and it had to go in front of one of them so I only put lights in the other window This year, because I've moved the ficus tree to that corner, the Christmas tree will go in front of the patio door. So I needed a string of lights for the second window. There was a new set sitting in my box, so I put them up.

When I went to do the kitchen window I remembered why there was a new set of lights.... My old light strings had worn out and so I bought new on clearance Christmas last year. Sadly, that means there are no lights for the kitchen and I need to go buy a set. In the meantime, that part of the decorating is on hold. Not that I have the energy to do it tonight, anyway.

Return to “Post When You Can”