Seasonal Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Seasonal Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:37 pm

Home from basketball game. This is the first time that DH has attended a game with me and now he is eager to attend more. It is a fun way to spend an hour. Admittance is free to everyone over 65 yrs old so it doesn't cost us anything to attend (except paying for kids admittance)

Carhartt coats and hoodies are frequently found at garage sales around here. We have a half dozen or so that were purchased for under $10. They seem to last forever.

I recently made the decision to switch my hoodies from pullover to zip up. I'm on the look out for zip up hoodies now. I typically wear my clothes for many years.

I found a pair of shoes that DS15 likes on sale for half price last week. It was such a great price that I was wondering if it could be true. The shoes arrived and they are perfect.

I am making good progress on getting the cards caught up. I don't want to lose my momentum so I'm going to get started again on the remaining card stack.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:46 pm

WOW -that you can get carhardt for 10$ d lady. that is wonderful!
yay on your cards!
have a great day!

hi d mystery! my d sis in law has done that before and it is boring. I hope the day went fast for him. I think that you can't do anything while you sit there makes it hard. glad he is home!
have a wonderful day

hello d Nancy!!! so happy you are enjoying your writing!

I am waiting for dd younger to go to the airport. dh is coming with us. she is happy - she gets to work and spend time with her dear friends.
I am excited for her even though I will miss her.

oops she is ready!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:56 pm

hi d rose!

hi d Lucy
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 02, 2023 1:59 pm

My gift giving is fairly simple. A $10 gift card to each of my nieces and nephews from Starbucks’s and Cmas books for my grandnephews and nieces all from Amazon. My son is getting a t-shirt and an order from Omaha steaks. However my ddil has a birthday on the 15th as well. I ordered her some Amaryllis.. Then for Cmas I’ll cover her some girlie stuff and a gift card from Michaels. I have 2 different types of crafts for my dgd and two different types of trucks for my dgs

My grand kids have 4 sets of grand parents so they get flooded with gifts. My dil’s mother goes way over the top and I done feel the need to keep pace with her. Same with my former husband, but that’s the ways it’s always been with him

After we divorced it was the case of the have and have nots when it came to gifts for my son. However mine were geared in making memories. One year I gave my son a kitten and a bike which he dearly loved and still talks about. Later though I had very little money I bought my son a dog that he had fell in love with.

We saw her at the flea market but came home without her. My son went to play with his friend and I all but emptied my bank account and went back and bought her. The expression on his face when I called him to my car to see what was in it will always remain in my memory. Sadie was a gift to my son that kept on giving for many years. He loved that dog more than anything
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 02, 2023 3:32 pm

I am back from walking ddoggo took the umrelly just a lite rains that stopped by the time we got home.
I've had lunch and got the place back in order before the gal comes over to get the donations.
Finally got my bit I was writing on today done.

The piece I'm sewing on a practice one is about an inch too small this was no surprised and why I did it with scraps.
But helps with the sizing to actually see it.
I get steps in going up and down the stairs in the rain as a bonus, :mrgreen:

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:06 pm

Nancy, I've gotten so I practice everything. I like to do the first bit on something that doesn't have to be sized just right, so then I can pretend I meant to do that.

I ought to ask folks around here what they want for Christmas so I can agonize over it with the rest of you.

:D

Ramblin', Amaryllis and Michael's - that is like comfort food gift-giving for a creative woman, lol.

I agree with you on watching to see if there are kids who already get a lot and kids who don't. HRH has one little relative who actually doesn't get much and has other bully-magnet considerations. It's gotten to the point of setting off my maternal spidey-sense. So that's where I do truly agonize. HRH will be a little surprised to find that he is giving 2 Children's Place adjustable waist jeans and 2 long-sleeve-hero-tees plus an educational gift and an envelope for Mom to buy her best idea, too. HRH gave the task to me, and we also asked advice from dgs13, whose memory about what kids need at what age is remarkable. He steered me to the cool, bully-resistant tees.

This has been a distractable day. I set my vitamins down beside my breakfast, got interested in a podcast and still the vitamins sit. Part of the reason is that HRH slept poorly and is napping. I don't seem to be as sharp when he is NOT under my feet. Hmmm... .. I guess I need the obstacle course to stay on my toes. :idea:

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:00 pm

DS15 and girlfriend stayed at the gym and watched another game. We picked them up and went to local BBQ place that is only open 1 day a week. We brought our take-out food home and sat around the table chatting while eating. Then we took the girlfriend home and took DS15 to work.

I've done some mole trail hunting and dropped in some pellets to hopefully make them GO AWAY.

I've cleaned two of the bathrooms and other cards. Both kids have been encouraged to get their cards done.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 02, 2023 5:11 pm

Three boxes of donation have left and some odds & ends as well as two end tables that did not work out.
So glad now I have room for some things that have been living on the counters to fit in the cupboard!
Win win. The gal did not come in after all but the place is cleaner bonus so glad I did not over "clean" !

Got the leaves swept off the driveway and deck, next up patio came in to warm up a bit it is quite breezy, the patio is shady
it is okay in the sun. Last of the leaves are coming off the tree, I'm hoping the rest blow off the roof now. 44* F. outside here now.

Watched the last of the D. Abbey movie I did it in 20 min. segments to savor it and used that as a reward.
Got my steps in for today too! Yea!

Made up some soup, cold start bread dough is mixed up.
Got the floors mopped.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 02, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:01 pm

Contractor guy has one more coat of paint to put on the walls around the washer and dryer alcove and he will be done. I don't know how it is possible that the hall looks wider and longer. The doors all look amazing. I'm very happy with everything other than the fact that he still has to come back tomorrow. I am so eager to have it done.

Dh had eggs and toast for supper. I had 2 peanut butter and jam sandwiches. I had some tummy issues while the contractor guy was here and dh happened to be away from the house. Let's just say I'm glad I was at home when the issue started. I laid down and read in bed for a few hours before we had supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 02, 2023 11:07 pm

Bully- resistant tees? Harriet, tell us more.

I am exhausted. While watching GEORGIA let us down this evening, dgrands and I put the tree up and decorated it. Dgs also got out most of the misc decorations.
Stopped for supper and I still have to clean up the mess. And put out window candles, little houses, and hang up stockings.

Still hoping for good news from Twins’ Dad’s team and Michigan.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”