Happy Sunday - peaceful Sunday - What do you think your week would look like?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
MysteryWoman

Re: Happy Sunday - peaceful Sunday - What do you think your week would look like?

Postby MysteryWoman » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:47 pm

Hello! Quick peek in over here. Sunday was pretty much as usual except that DC had the final performance of their show this afternoon, so DH dropped them while I went to see my DM (who ate very well today), and I picked them up while DH watched our football team lose in grand fashion.

How awful for blessed’s DD younger to come home to such a mess!

Sorry you weren’t able to find your greenery, Kathryn.

Congrats on the end of the project, Cathy!

I am going to pack it in now and hope to see you in the morning. Sweet dreams!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

lucylee

Re: Happy Sunday - peaceful Sunday - What do you think your week would look like?

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:17 am

Thank you to everyone who expressed reassurance and understanding on my little red hen Christmas complaints.
Honestly, I don’t DO that much.
We have one tree,
a very small village on the hearth (7 items), plus a plastic Nativity set the dgrands play with, and the 60+ year old Nativity scene dmil gave us.
There are snowmen and Santas scattered around the dining room, kitchen, and hall, and 2 paintings dh did as a child. I also have a ceramic tree in the kitchen, the kind with Lite-Brite lights. My dfriend who died last year gave it to dmom when we were neighbors and I “stole” it. It was the only tree dh and I had our first Christmas.
I hang 6 stockings on the mantle.
I put wreaths on the 2 exterior doors, and candles in the windows.
Maybe it is a lot.

Dgs put out almost everything himself, except the tree, candles, and stockings.
He and Dgd helped put all the ornaments on the tree, and helped a little with the lights.

So, it IS a lot, but it’s not like I have a tree in every room.
I think doing it ALL in one day was just too much. And dgrands were less organized than I would have been alone — but their excitement and making memories with them is worth that. I just have to pace myself better next time. ;)

I still have to do cards and finish wrapping gifts — and BUYING gifts! But I have been wrapping as I go, and when I FINALLY let Dgd put some presents under the tree, she was sooo excited. She said, “I have waited SOOO long for this!!”
I send about 60 cards, and we only buy presents for five people besides the six in our immediate family.

And I agree, social media and advertising, etc, make us think everyone else is doing everything perfectly. And I do have an unrealistic dream of being perfect. Sigh.

Anyway, I’m glad this much is done. :)
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”