Monday Mop-up

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Monday Mop-up

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:02 am

What are your mopping up from the weekend?

Scheduling events added to your calendar?

Tidying up?

Do a full house blessing?

Running errands or dealing with things that occurred to you over the weekend?

Whatever needs mopping up, get to it!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Monday Mop-up

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:08 am

We were to have no water today, between the hours of 7 and 2. The city was replacing the main valve supplying water to the building and while we wouldn't have water while the work was being done, there was no telling exactly when that would be, so we were to be ready for no water for those 7 hours.

We did get hit with a major storm, bad enough that the schools aren't running the buses (SNOW DAY!!!!) and it looks beautiful outside but I'm glad I don't have to actually go anywhere. So I wondered if the city would send the crew or if they were "all hands on deck" for storm work.

Turns out, they are here, they ran a bypass so we'll always have water, and they'll be gone in less than an hour from now. Woot!

So that's my good news.

I'm obviously up and dressed (I wanted to do so when there was water) and I've been at my desk for over 2 hours responding to all sorts of awful emails about staffing at the church.

Ds took the bull by the horns and set the date for our family Christmas dinner so that's off my to-do list.

Today would be dgd's first Snow Day! at school but she's sick so isn't going anyway. In fact basically the whole family is sick. Again (they barely recovered from their last illness.)

I'll keep working on church and residents association stuff today but at this moment, I'm going to get up from the computer and strip and remake the bed. I can't start the laundry just yet but I can be ready to.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:39 am

Hi!

I woke up around 7:30 and let the cats out. It finally stopped raining. Then I went back to bed and slept another 2 hours!! I don't have too much time to mop anything because I want to get to knitting for 10.

No idea what is for supper tonight. We ate most of the roast last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:05 am

Morning…

Been to class, came home helped Sweetie, made and ate breakfast and am now drinking my second cup of coffee.

Need to do some computer work and hang the rest of my bows. It is very hot..88+… and humid too. Cold front is headed this way and I can’t wait.

I have a dermatology appointment tomorrow and few other things I need to do this week.

Bbl…waving to y’all
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:21 am

We are packed and heading to the airport in about 30 minutes. It’s been a good trip, can’t say great. I hate being out and about in the rain. The crowds this time of year are rough for me. Dh is energized and just dives in. We’ve seen two very different shows. Dh and I saw dd on Friday and we’re shown around her town. Her apartment is cute, not as bad as I had feared considering it’s a basement apartment in an old building.

We don’t get into ATL until 5 and then will drive home. :shock:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:36 am

Moved My "Simplifying Christmas" thoughts to the holiday thread.

I am on track with qt journals & my basic weekly plan got accomplished this weekend.
Clean sheets on the bed & dusted under the bed.

New habit this month get on the floor an purpose and get back up again to stay limber and embrace my ability to still do this. :mrgreen:

-----
Dressed 2 slippers.
Sheets in dryer
I've had my bfast & dishes washed
Meat is in oven to use in a recipe later.
Cut out next sewing project.
Dump trash done.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 04, 2023 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:44 pm

Have a safe trip home, Twins'. It's good you felt some reassurance in seeing dd's appt - cute is positive!

Well,
gloom, despair, agony ... .. the tree arrived broken. Interior rod sticking awkwardly out of end of box. We took photos, also after opening and finding the breakage. So, we start over. Can't wait the 2 weeks to get a replacement, so just asking for refund, which seems to be happening, pickup tomorrow.

I have to go to home improvement store to buy paint for the arriving building anyway, so I'll just buy a tree there ... ? Sigh.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:57 pm

have a wonderful trip d Twins!!!
thank you for starting us d Kathryn!!! I am sorry you don't have water! praying it starts again soon.
stay safe in the snow!
how lovely that your dh set up your christmas family dinner.

hi d cathy! enjoy knitting!

hi d rose good morning!
yay for getting to class! waving back at you!

hi d Nancy! I will look at your simplifying christmas. was a great idea
I think working on being limber is also a great idea!

Oh no the tree is broken!!! I am so sorry!!! so frustrating. Hope you find a tree you love and is better than the other tree.

Wishing you all a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:04 pm

I feel a little guilty that I am enjoying the quiet since dd and her sweet dog went to Florida. it's quiet without having the dogs have a good run with each other. My dogs are not trained like dd's dog and when her dog comes down the stairs it is a joyful chaos for them. I must be getting old bc I have to admit I am enjoying getting back to routine. I do miss dd younger but she is happy being with her friends and work. She is also enjoying the break of responsibility with d mom. I need to talk to brother about having a helper when dd is not there to make sure mom eats.

I will pick up mom in one hour.

My hope today: is finish putting up the ornaments with mom. She surprised me with wanting to come her and help with this. She said she is getting older and she might as well enjoy the process of Christmas with us.

I love a new day! Hope today is wonderful for you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:39 pm

heading out - hope to see you all soon.

have a wonderful afternoon

Return to “Post When You Can”