Tuesday two-for? Or Tuesday Task Focus?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Tuesday two-for? Or Tuesday Task Focus?

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:53 pm

LucyLee we are headed to Varadero, Cuba. White sandy beaches that go for miles, and hopefully sun and heat.

We went to Niagara Falls to see part of the light show. Dh was going fast as we went through Dufferin Island, so it was hard to get pictures on my phone. I actually told him, quite firmly to "Stop for this one" a couple of times. It was like he was in a race to see that part, but at the top of Clifton Hill he turned right to go to the highway. If he turned left, there were a lot more light displays. This is in addition to all the rest of the neon lights all through that area. (Google for images that will be much better than any I have ever taken with dh.)

Before we went there, we went for Vietnamese soup in a different part of the falls.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:58 pm

Had an early dinner hot chicken soup and had bacon & egg & home made roll.
Then retreated to my butterfly room with heater for a bit to warm up I'd gotten chilled.
Then a rest on the couch that helped.
I did the dishes.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:00 pm

Sounds beautiful, Cathy. It's still nice to get your personal photos, even though you know there are pros or near-pros who do their own thing.

I am taking a break. On my feet all the time I cooked, then on my feet a long time with decor. It is amazing how much there is - dd was asking if I really wanted all the boxes down from top of closet. (yes!) At first, I was thinking I had nowhere to display much, but it dawned on me that the hutch with glass cabinet doors will show off a lot of small things. I am trying to be restrained with the tree ornaments. Maybe half. We'll see. Haven't had less than a stout 7-foot tree in so long I don't know how to decorate a 6-foot one, lol. I admit, it's a good size for the room.

I'm sure I'll be doing this on and off through the day tomorrow. So many memories pour out along with the little pieces.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:26 am

Blessed, the movie is very good. It’s pretty long — about 2 1/2 hours — and I must say pretty explicit, is that the word? — in scenes of sex and violence. Maybe not 100% accurate, but probably close enough. It starts with the end of Marie Antoinette.
Napoleon never looks very happy. Even in scenes where you’d think he would have been. I didn’t feel like it told enough about him as a person, aside from his romance with Josephine. It focuses on his military career, aside from the volatile relationship he had with her.
It made me want to know more about them.
With your French background, you’ll have a lot better perspective, and I’d love to hear your review of it!
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”