Tuesday two-for? Or Tuesday Task Focus?

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Tuesday two-for? Or Tuesday Task Focus?

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:33 pm

I went to cancel our trip. On the way there dh called and said he read on the internet that the issues had been fixed...

Turns out we are too close to the date of the trip to get a full refund. I decided we would just stay with this trip and not cancel. Sigh. Many reports (complaints) on internet regarding the current state of the hotel. Deciding that we would go instead of canceling means if the trip stinks, it's better than no trip at all. Dh and I are going for the sun, sea and swimming and a bed to sleep on and we aren't "foodies" and I have stayed in some awful hotels that always did the best they could. I just have to accept what we get and deal with it.

We went out for breakfast and we are also going out for supper on our way to see the lights in Niagara Falls tonight. Dh asked me to go last night, but we were both too tired after supper, plus I had wicked heartburn last night.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:43 pm

I just got back from my dermatologist appointment and running errands. I look like I’ve been roasted with many places on many places on my face thats been frozen. I’ve had a really large patch on my cheek that is very dry and itchy. I’ve tried everything to make it go away. No luck. Turns out is a yeast infection that is common in Fl. The dr prescribed several medications for me to use. I also had a mole on my stomach removed and several other places on my body frozen as well.

I usually don’t sit down once I come home from errands. However I do keep in mind what I need to focus on once I get back. Grocery shopping is easy because everything needs to be put away as soon as I get there and then I keep trucking. Keeping a list on what I want to do for the day is usually sitting on my counter so it’s easy to pick up where I left off.

Sometimes if I’m tired after running around I usually eat lunch when I get home. Then whatever time it is I’ll sit and eat till the top of the hour happens. However in all honesty I try to do my house chores in the morning before I leave the house. If I go to class, I find if I don’t stop to change my clothes it’s easy to keep up with what I need to do … key of me is not to sit down.

I get up early enough to do my morning routines, drink my coffee, look at my FB and then leave for class. On days I don’t have class…which is at 8…I get going on the house by 8

The Sisters taught me well. I am going to order a planner that daily, weekly and monthly chores printed and a schedule much like my cards do. My treat to me for Christmas :D

I should add I’ve always been a morning person and loose most of my mojo by 3. Early morning time by myself is something I’ve done for years. It how my body clock works.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 05, 2023 3:53 pm

What planner are you getting, Rose? I bought the Penny Pincher Planner -- I think that is the name of it -- last year, but it really seems like overkill to me. Of course, who am I to say? I don't DO enough to be a real judge of these matters. :roll:
I sat down the other day and tried to think of what I think and what I want to have done daily, every week, EOW, monthly, etc., based on how our household generally should run. That was the basis for my checklist.
I still use a planner, (the Prayerful Planner) and there is some repetitive writing down of tasks, which are ALSO on my cards, LOL!!! I don't do a lot of stickers and decorating, but I do try to keep up with daily gratitude, Bible verses and other inspirational sayings that come to me, and habits.
For a lazy person, I sure do like to PLAN it all out...
But the cards work as sort of a "tickler" file for me, to remind me of what zone I'm supposed to be in, and what's coming up this week, etc.

TODAY, I have NOT done any of the "four 15s"... I spent too much time "lolly-gagging" over breakfast and my phone, and then I had to get ready to go to the dentist. Joy. (NOT.) I always dread my yearly check-up at the dentist because I'm sooo afraid they'll find something that needs filling, or crowning, or something... AND I just hate having someone messing around in my mouth anyway. I gag easily.

DH is going with me, and afterwards, we do plan to see the movie, Napoleon.

I also need to make a dermatologist appointment. Just need a good check-up all over, have a couple of moles that concern me a little bit.

Cathy -- I hope all goes well on your trip! Where are you headed?

And (((Twins))) for your pain during your trip. I have a friend with that same problem. I know sometimes it really gets to her.

I do not worry about fluffing the tree. I take Harriet's attitude re: ornaments. I tell myself there is no way a live tree would be absolutely perfect, and we will just accept the odd spots on this one, and fill in with ornaments and lights. I also like LOTS of lights and LOTS of ornaments.

(((blessed))) I know sometimes it must get overwhelming caring for your dmom. Lots of interruptions there, I'm sure. You go girl; you are very inspiring to me!!!

I see Nancy is off to a good start as well...

I really should get up earlier.

Kathryn -- I'm glad to see someone else has trouble hitting "re-start" after leaving the house. Dmom and I have discussed this so many times.
I know the key for me is what Rose said, DON'T SIT DOWN!

Off to the dentist!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:34 pm

good luck at the dentist d Lucy!!! you inspire me as well!!!
also you are not a lazy person - you are a very busy grandma!!!
my cards are also a tickler especially when my ADHD is ADHD-ing.
tell us about Napoleon - I want to see it.

hi d rose! no way that was a yeast infection! so interesting! glad your dermatologist appointment is done!
what a lovely treat to get yourself a planner

hi d cathy I pray the trip will be wonderful!

hi d harriet! I too believe in lots of ornaments - but I like it when other people put them up instead of me.
oh my goodness - war game and christmas decorating lol - just the thought.
how nice to meet up with our dd and your d grandson. what a good helper he was taking care of the trash.

hi d twins look at the work being done at your house!

hi d everyone!!!
-------------------------------
went to mom's - she had forgotten her morning meds and eating - now she took her meds and is well fed. We went over a few things she wanted to show me. She is busily doing her laundry, cleaning here or there and is happy.

stopped at garden shop - now to replant my aloe - it got too heavy for the pot and is falling over- it's 10 years + old - I got a new pot - I am telling dd's that this is my last time transplanting this aloe. 8-) Then I will donate to someone who wants a huge aloe.

dd younger said she misses mom -She said the silence is deafening. she said it surprised her on how quiet the apartment is. I still want to get mom a helper bc dd is a young woman who has work that needs doing and friends to spend time with. Caring full time and working is difficult at any time but especially with dementia. I need to hire someone for meals, meds, evenings for when dd is out. I would like someone a couple times a week for a few hours at a time so that mom gets used to it; just in case dd is out or visits friends out of town.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:35 pm

next:
change into junk shirt
transplant aloe
finish decoration on one window
put plant trays back.
drink water
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:49 pm

Lucylee: the only times I've been successful are when 1. I'm a passenger while out so can work through stuff while in the car, and 2. the to-do list is active items not creative items. Extra points for items that don't require turning on a computer (and getting distracted.

So I can come in, get my outer clothes off, start the oven pre heating, put away the groceries and get dinner into the oven in one fell swoop. Coming in, getting outer clothes off, sitting down to pay a stack of bills that I organized before leaving on the errand? Not going to get to the signing into the bank step because the computer will have distracted me.

Not a lot of progress here today but I got out for a walk. It is very monochromatic here today (and yesterday too.) On our walk along a sidewalk only the yellow of a traffic sign and the blue of a street name sign were in any colour. Everything else was white or grey scale. But the part of the walk under the snow ladened trees was magical and the fresh air was important as well. I did have several times where I had to pause to cough, though.

I've started to defrost dinner (that I did after getting home) but that involved starting up my computer to check out quantities of meat for this new recipe I'm trying (homemade schnitzel) so that's in the microwave defrosting very slowly because I haven't flipped the meat and pressed restart. In the meantime, I've watched 3 YT videos. Sigh.....

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:10 pm

Lucylee.. the gals name the does videos on FB is Sherry Meadows and she does how the daily clean your home. However the planner she uses if 2024 home planner by Passion Penny pinchers so I’m not sure if it’s the same planner you used. Looked really interesting to me and something I might like. It seems to be sort of like a guided guide on how to maintain your home. I like the check lists in the planner because it’s sort of set up the way my cards were.

I worked my cars system religiously for at least 20 years and even set up my classroom and the way I did all my office type work in my classroom using their system. I’ve said this many times before… the sisters system was life changing for me in many ways and much like the way LadyM uses her daily cards now I like the checklist in this planner and think I can adapt it to my way of life.

I don’t use my cards much anymore because I know my routines by heart, but thought it would be fun to explore this set up.

Wanted to add I’ve really cut back on my FB and media time after realizing much of nothing was gonna change my life. Haven’t missed it much since I stopped doing that
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:14 pm

I have been to the store for a few items and topped off the one rig that needed it.
Trash got picked up so I was able to put more leaves in it.
I bagged up 98% of the rest.
Some are still on the roof so will have to wait to deal with them when they come off.
It is not raining today so that helps.
I had lunch walked the ddoggo a bit to get in the rest of my steps.

I rested and had some tea.
Thinking what is next, I have a list on card stock of daily tasks in my planner that flips on my discs. and I can more if from week to week.
Also PUPA & RBR & BWP for a reminder too.
I keep a running list of what I've done and that helps. This last weekend I did make a list of a few things I wanted to be sure to do this week.
Was surprised how that helped I put it in my bujo.
I am going to move my gratitude / joy journal to my bujo in Jan. that book will be full yea!
I'm feeling better now sinuses were acting up from the leaves maybe. So that helps.
The sun made a bit of an appearance too.

I see a goals hp I want but keep talking myself out of as I've done it before and just use the prompts q's from the ones I've filled out.
I use Happy Planner and bujo for my lists. It helps me to continue to write them out they do need tweaked from time to time.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:48 pm

Yes, Rose! That’s the same planner! I can’t wait to see how you like it. Do let us know how it’s working for you. I may try again to follow it, but some things they say do every week are definitely EOW tasks for me.

NO CAVITIES!

Thanks, blessed, for the kind words!
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:51 pm

Fielded a long call - my middle girl-cousin who is having some memory challenges. She felt safe calling me (which is great) when she forgot something mundane - what day trash pickup is, and what time. I'm glad, as she says, that she doesn't see me as judgmental or gossipy, and I enjoy our chats mostly. It is disconcerting when I mention our grandmother and she has to ask me who I mean, so that I say the name. Then she says she was pretty sure that's who I meant. She did chat with me about a long-ago memory of "your parents", which was spot-on, so she was clear about that family connection. But I don't think she remembers their names, or she would have said them with "Uncle" or "Aunt", more normally in conversation. Her dd recently gave info to dd43 about who to call, etc., in case we ever worry. Dd43 is the most consistent walker in our family and goes past her house.

Silly, silly texting with dd25 - yes, she is "down" with coming for supper of spaghetti and salad. She expects crooners Christmas music and decorating, she says. Arnold S and Mr. Bean GIFs, too funny. We'll have fun.

Nancy, yep, I bet it was all the work with the leaves that got to your sinuses. My dd43 had a headache yesterday and I suspected that.

Ramblin' and lucylee, the checklist I put in my planner each week is the best "assist" to my cards. I will say, though, that both card file and planner are at my opposite elbows right now. Confession: the pens for planner are resting in the lid of the card file, and I shouldn't do that! Convenient but weighs down the lid's flimsy "hinge". (And other than that, we are not going to discuss the neatness of my desk.)

Return to “Post When You Can”