Write it down Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:49 pm

Dentist did a little "sanding" to smooth down the chip. It really was tiny, but of course felt like a crater to me. Anyway, I'm home.

I took menorah to the front porch - not plugged in or tested or put on the timer, but I'll deal with that tomorrow. First night is tomorrow p.m. And dh's Hanukkah (or birthday?) present showed up too.

I should either change out the pillows on the porch or go upstairs and try to clear my stamping desk and stamp but don't want to do either.

I'm feeling melancholy.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:57 pm

I've been trying to transform LR into winter wonderland here :) Surprises, stashes, brainstorms.

A disappointment when HRH found out the tip - just the tip - for delivery of $40 worth of food was going to be $23. He was astonished and tried to find out why - it just is. So now he's not only disappointed, he's convinced people are crazy and the world is treacherous. And a sorta nice company we used to brag on lost a customer, believe me.

blessed, you would be on the same page with HRH about disappointing charges, but it's worse when it's such large purchases. Sorry about two large items needing replacement at the same time.

Oh, Nancy, believe me, Tobias gets an earful, and looks at me in astonishment at some of the things I tell him.

Kathryn, that gentleman does not seem to realize how his sweeping (whooh) actions affect others. Actually, it may be a disservice to HIM that it is not explained to him so that he doesn't keep on through life doing it in ignorance. BUT just because someone needs to be told something doesn't mean Kathryn signed up to tell them. Yipes.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:01 pm

((Twins'))

I feel a little melancholia, too.

Of those choices, creativity would get the weight of my opinion. You're brilliant. Let it out,

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:10 pm

I had some coughing after my shower but figure it was because the steam had loosened stuff up.

But I was also really winded. Took my BP and it was sky high for me (not to brag but it was 117/83.) Heart rate was up too. Thought about it (while the BP monitor ran the three times) and realized I had taken a 60mg dose of Sudafed this morning. Up until this morning, I had been using up my Cold & Flu version which only has 30mg of Sudafed so this was my first full dose in absolutely ages. And when I say ages, I mean since before March 2020. More importantly probably before I started my Vyvanse. I took decongestants when I had Covid but I wasn't taking my Vyvanse then because there was no point, I was too sick to need to concentrate on anything.

With that lightbulb moment, I checked online and sure enough the two drugs were interacting. I was fine this morning until I took my shower because I was just sitting still at the computer (concentrating on writing the service!) and it was only when I started moving that I noted the high heart rate.

I went to the 'brown bag lunch' downstairs (we just bring our lunches and eat together) and then I went for a walk with dh but went really, really, slowly, checking my heart rate to make sure it didn't get too high (it got up to 145 just carrying the laundry basket from the bedroom to the kitchen.) I headed home only doing the 'short loop' and just walked 1.1 miles in 30 minutes instead of my normal 1.5 miles. But I got the fresh air and it was lovely walking in the 'Hollywood Snow' (a nickname the local traffic reporter is trying to coin since it really is like walking in a Christmas movie with the flakes coming down around me.)

Since then, I refilled the vitamins for another 3 weeks, finished the load of laundry, ironed my new table cloth and put it on the table and am now working on finalizing the hymn selections. The music director added a couple of good ones so I need to rewrite a couple of my bits that were using words from other hymns.

Dinner tonight is burgers.

I still haven't tried singing properly. I'm busy learning new words to old hymns but that isn't the same as leading singing which I need to do tomorrow. Almost as soon as the sun went down I had a coughing fit but just one. So I'm still doing better today, even as the decongestant wears off.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:35 pm

I am home from a successful day with DD12. Driving in the city traffic was stressful because it isn't something I do very often. I am thankful for visual and verbal directions from google map that made it as easy as can be. I am surprised and thrilled how DD12 embraced the new experiences and participated in all of it. She ice skated for the first time and didn't quit trying until she was successful.

I came home and selected 5 cards to do before TOTH. It felt good to slide back into normal doings without much thought.

I wil be leaving the house again in a few moments to go pickup DS15 girlfriend (30 minute drive) and then go to church.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm

Haven't got time to write it down.... like Duck, dozens of things to do. (Does anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? It's a book, I think, from my dmom's childhood. She says this a lot.)

I don't know if I have done my four fifteens or not, but I think I HAVE done four different tasks, surely...
After s2s/morning routine,
* s/s all baths
* put wreaths on doors
* double checked stickers that are supposed to seal Christmas cards shut. Some were not doing their jobs so I added a bit of tape.
* dmom came over, I wrote checks for her property tax bills.
* helped Sheldon with meds
* two phone calls, Sheldon has to have a CT scan tomorrow for his left kidney.
:!: Please be in prayer re: this issue. He is a nervous wreck about this. He just knows it has to mean cancer or dialysis or some horrible thing.
And I don't mean to be callous, I know it certainly could be serious... BUT, it also could be nothing. They say they just need better images than they could get from the sonogram he had a week or so ago.

* text with ServPro people who are apparently FINALLY getting to work on re-building our bathroom in College Town.

THEN... errands --
* dropped off dmom's tax payment at courthouse
* went to post office, mailed Christmas cards
* went to drug store for refills
* went to radio station to pay bill (we support a promo thing for college football coverage on local station)

HOME...
* had a snack because I was starving to death
* read local electric co-op magazine
* made copies of newspaper article for ds (because dh also wanted same article)
* hung up a pair of pants that dh had knocked off the hanger in his closet.
:?: Any suggestions? DH has a pair of pants that are probably polyester -- very slick-feeling material -- and they will NOT stay on a hanger. They just slide right off. I told him we might try rubber bands on the hanger. Any other suggestions?

We are getting ready for church also. LadyM, I am so glad your day went well. WTG for dd on ice skates!

(((Kathryn))) Glad you figured out what was causing at least part of the problem. Hope you feel better soon! And (((extra hugs))) for the church issues.

That is a pretty steep tip, Harriet. I don't blame HRH for trying to look into that a little further!

(((Twins))) Glad the dentist was able to help! Hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.

Oh my, blessed -- that sounds awfully high for a toilet, too! EVERYTHING is just ridiculous these days... and you have to replace the washer too? Boy... when it rains, it pours, doesn't it?
IKWYM about movies having all this "extra" stuff. I was sooo glad we had not taken dgs with us!!! He might have enjoyed the history part, but ugh... he would have covered his head when they went into the bedroom!!! And beheadings are never pleasant.

Glad you could go back to sleep after the bad dream, Nancy.

Cathy, our drug store was really busy this afternoon. I think it's because I went right after school let out. That's probably the worst time of the day.

I have to iron when I get home from church.
I hope there is something good on tv. I was so hooked on Chicago Fire, and then Directv got in one of those disputes with the tv channel, and it's off the air. I was so invested in it, I ordered the dvd's for the complete season I'm watching. (2021). The first one they skipped was going to be a big thing and I couldn't wait to see how it turned out. The dvd's will be here Saturday. I'm counting them as a Christmas gift from dh, but I may start watching ASAP!
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:07 pm

Lucylee: I had to iron my new table cloth. Actually, I was being lazy and did a load of fine washables along with the table cloth and then tossed it in the dryer to get the wrinkles out. Didn't work. Turns out this is 40% cotton and so it isn't wrinkle free out of the dryer like my 100% polyester one is. Sigh.... This is a big deal as it is 12" wider than my ironing board (and 8 feet long) so needs 4 hands to iron. I set the board up in front of the table and dh slowly pulls it across the table as I iron the sections 8" at a time so they don't rewrinkle from pooling on the floor.

My a-river delivery today is lost. All day it was arriving by 8 and at 8 the front door phone rang but no-one was there when I got to the phone. That's not unusual, they'll buzz and then be let in by a dog walker. I gave them some time to get upstairs and then went to our account to see if it had been marked delivered (which means it would be down in the lobby.) It is marked now as arriving between tomorrow and the Dec. 15 and if it doesn't arrive by then, ask for a refund. So that means the driver lost it. It is a pair of snowflake, cubic zirconia, earrings. So a small package. I'll keep my fingers crossed. In the meantime, I won't have snowflake earrings for Christmas Eve service since these come from outside the country so there is no way they'll arrive in time if I reorder.

I did get a set of really cheap earrings that has one pair of snowflakes so I will have that style, just not fancy ones.

I practiced singing with dh. My voice isn't very strong and my range is limited but I managed all but one song (O Holy Night) without coughing. I'll take boiling water/lemon/honey with me to help with that tomorrow. Plus it will be earlier in the day so the decongestant will be working still. (I'm skipping my ADD meds tomorrow and relying on dh to keep me on track.)

Next up, kitchen chores, then bed.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:20 am

Sort of like writing....
I used a white out pen on some unused planner pages I can use them for writing, planning lists or whatever.
Not done but 3-4 mo. worth so I will be doing some more tomorrow or whenever it is nice to do this with some soft music before bed.

Sleep tight all.
I did my p.m. Rx routine.

Not quite time for lites out just enough time for the nite before bed stuff.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:36 am

All my ironing is done, and I am thankful I did not have to do a huge tablecloth, Kathryn!
So frustrating about the earrings.
I have to get busy and get dgrands’ presents ordered, if I am going to do that, and finish this stuff up!

Dh is so nervous about this CT scan — not having it done, but what it may show, what treatment may be required. It is stressful to me too, but I’m trying hard to keep him optimistic and encouraging him to take it one day at a time.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”