Write it down Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:46 am

What do you post when your inclination is to make today "Virtual Pajama Day?" That's what I'm feeling right now!

So instead, Write it down! We have many things to keep track of: Holiday plans, decorations, food, gifts. What's on the calendar and how has it filled up like this? New Years resolutions and plans for next year. When is the Winter Solstice and when will the days be long again? (I know the answer, but metaphorically....) Tasks that have been neglected and now are becoming urgent. All that stuff.

So write it down. And pajamas are fine, too.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:56 am

Good morning

I am about to dash out the door to spend the day sponsoring 7th grade incentive trip in the big city. Who wants to go with me?
No one? That's okay. I don't expect this to be a highly sought-after trip for anyone who has experienced spending hours surrounded by nonstop noisy 12 and 13 year olds. My goal is that I will survive and hopefully make some good memories with DD12
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:00 am

I have been writing it down... up in the night bad dream and sinus pain ugh... getting up helped.
Worked on my dream planner went over some notes from a fun one I did a couple of years ago
the one last night was not as inspiring! So today helped.
I have pen pal letter to write I have notes for that on paper.

Time for my breakfast.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:12 am

High today is just around fifty, with sun late in the day. This really would be a great day for pajamas.

For now, I'm working on a.m. routines. Ddog is going to kick into high gear soon and want what she wants. I have dental appointment at 1 p.m. to hopefully fix a tooth that chipped slightly while away.

In the interest of writing it down, here are some thoughts regarding what should be done this week:
-put away rest of fall
-pull out Hanukkah: menorah on porch, blue pillows on porch for the winter, gold dreidels
-inventory Christmas cards I've made, get into the "spirit" by making more for friends/family/hairdresser/massage therapist
-routines, get house back to what passes for normal. (Put away bags, put away debris, lol, catch up laundry....)
-check with DAR registrar re: application
-HOA checks? (need to go by post office first to see if any bills there)
-what else?

Today I only have the dental appointment. Tonight dh is going to a chamber of commerce event and he's out for dinner tomorrow night. Tomorrow I have a Zoom at 11 and then workout at 2. On Friday I have dcleaning lady here.

Another function of writing it down = thinking it through. I suspect that is, in part, because of this little village and the friends here. Talking to you by writing it down comes naturally after all these years.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:37 am

"What's that white stuff??"

I'm sure Kathryn has already had some, and I knew it was snowing when I went to bed last night, so it isn't really a surprise. The cats weren't happy and the 2 biggest one were waiting when I opened the door and they sprinted back into the house.

I was up before 6 and tried to get back to sleep, but I have much too much on my mind. Mostly stuff to tidy/clean/deal with.

Supper? Something with cabbage and bacon.

Contractor guy is coming by today to put the knobs on the 3 doors.

Have fun LadyM!
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:07 pm

Cathy: our trees are still painted with snow. I can't believe it didn't fall of Monday afternoon when it was 4C or yesterday when it was at 0C all day. Today it will freeze properly into place and stay there until we get high winds.

There's a hint of blue sky, so a hint of colour is coming into my monochromatic view. I've been doubling my light therapy each day because it has been a long time since I was getting outside.

Writing things down: I started in on hymn planning today and page turned through the hymnbook writing the ones I like that haven't been sung this season. I thought I had a chaotic hot mess but when I went to write an email for the music director, I realized they all slotted nicely into different parts of the service. I left two slots for her to choose a favourite and pointed out that no matter what she was to pick a favourite rousing hymn for closing hymn as that will be her last one with us. I said I don't care if it fits with the service, it just has to be rousing.

Then, when I finished that project (about 90 minutes) I discovered 12 (!) emails about worship. Sigh... And last night I received another incredibly negative one. I'm glad I'm receiving them but we can't solve all the issues at once. We could by firing the minister immediately and reverting to our old, flawed, service but we can't do that legally. Or morally. On the other hand, in one week, before attending worship with us at all, he changed 90% of our worship service. No wonder everyone is up in arms, none of the changes were explained (I knew what was happening because I'm trained in liturgy, but even others on the worship committee didn't understand) and all happened without warning. And he's not backing down. It is going to be a rough few months ahead as we lose more and more volunteers (and possibly our other staff member, having already lost the musician.)

So, here I sit, 11:07 and I'm still not s2s.

Oh, and I just realized I have to be somewhere in 40 minutes!

(BTW: I don't think I coughed once all morning and I didn't wake myself up coughing in the night.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:16 pm

White stuff? Even better reason for a virtual pajama day! haha

Dog is walked, breakfast done, kitchen cleaned up. Put away some more of the "stuff." The mixed flavor Lindor Lindt truffles went into a candy bowl so they won't tempt me on the counter. I love going to the specialty Lindt store in NYC - they have flavors you never find in stores. (They can be ordered online.) I brought a bag for A, the dhouse/dog sitter.

I refilled my meds too, and watered a plant. On the porch the mint and fern look like they're hanging in there. I think the asparagus ferns are ready to go, hence, time for pansies.

I need to s2s and get ddog off the bed long to make it. I am sooooooo slow moving this morning.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:17 pm

write it down - I need this more than ever!!!
thank you!
hi d twins, d Nancy, d cathy,hi d Kathryn. (glad your cough is going away). hello d everyone!

d Lucy thank you for the movie critic. I love all history and it will be interesting to watch this movie. I have to admit I miss when movies didn't have a lot of extra stuff in it - I think you can have romance without everything in it. I couldn't watch the beginning of private Ryan bc of the war aspects either. I might have to wait until I can fast forward the movie.

today the plumber came and we had to spend $720 on a new toilet. The bowl etc. wasn't cracked etc. but they had to replace the whole thing bc the inside the tank area couldn't be replaced. :roll:

today mom and I are going to get a new washing machine as ours broke. I want to stay home but this needs doing.

I have to admit that I feel cranky, a little teary eyed as well. I ate chocolate yesterday which is not good for me. I am sure that played with my body. I also had one of my labs lay so close to me that when I turned in my sleep I landed in her chest. (I was kicked more times than I can count with those long legs and big paws.

wishing you a good day.
pick up mom in her apartment - give her the morning meds. I had to take them back bc she laid them out and in no particular order.

1. appliance store
2. pick up cleaning at 2 places
3. pick up something at bakery mom likes
4. pick up presents for dd older work - it's easier for me as she works all the time.
5. look at pants for both dd's for christmas

turns out mom has 2 more christmas cards to write. I still have to do mine.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:35 pm

I had a bad dream and went back to bed and slept hard for an hour,
sat down and talked to the dog for 20 min. or so just about this & that. LOL!
Then showered & we walked that helped.

Not sure what the rest of the day will hold but I am sure rest is not a bad idea!
Before I went back to bed I wrote in my dreams & goals planner I'm doing for 2024.
I learned I like jockey undershirts better than fruit of loom ones, I may be taking a bit out of the shoulders on the new ones and cutting
em off as I got tall ones I'm NOT tall lol! :roll: Learning as I go.

Point of interest:
House is not to bad, did my anti p. tasks yesterday leaves fuel rig & went to market.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:24 pm

We went to Costco together. Dh walks slowly and he stops to look at everything. We picked up his meds and 2 cases of iced tea for me and that was it. Everyone else had carts that were overflowing with all kinds of stuff. We also had lunch.

We also stopped at a pharmacy very close to us and dh is now a customer of theirs for the same price as Costco for all of his meds. I'm not on anything daily, just ativan when I need it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”