Full Throttle Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Full Throttle Thursday

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:33 pm

hello dear ones.
I have the cleaning ladies here for the first time in months. I have decided to cancel them again until summer.

My mom wanted me to bring her food instead of ordering it from the restaurant in the retirement village. it's good fancy food. I feel a little guilty but I need a bit of time to myself. spoke to dd younger and she said mom says things but do what I need to do and mom will be fine. I will bring her here for dinner.

waving to all of you! dh needs to chat.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:41 pm

My home smells amazing! The bread looks perfect and tastes even better! :mrgreen:
Gotta luv that.
More dishes have been done.
Worked on my goals & planning for next year just a bit of brain storming.
I might have to get a new Chromebook / updates will not longer work on it plus the d looks like a c and has worn off.
I am okay till June so time will tell.
Cut out some undershirts details in art & craft & needed work thread.
Got a light rain walked to both corners with ddoggo used my umbrelly that was fun.
What's for dinner deciding that now.
Beef & barley soup was yummy and just hit the spot!I just finished up the dishes.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:33 pm

I am just "off" today. Workout was good but I never felt entirely together about it. Some strength, some stretching, some cardio.

I'm still feeling melancholy - I walked a lap with dfriend M and ddogs after I got home and she's feeling the same way, although we didn't explore reasons. For me, there's recovery from a busy, relatively stressful (very crowded streets, too many people, lots of walking in cold and rain and my mouth pain flaring up, disgruntled dh at times.) I also get emotional about seeing dd. And the flare up of the pain makes me sad because it's so unpredictable. I could be heading into a period of extreme pain, it could fade away, it could never go away and stay at the level it is now. And somehow, although I don't miss celebrating Christmas, the season reminds me of my parents and siblings and I'm sad that it's just me left. And there's the shorter days and seasonal depression. I hope that psychologically I feel better when the days lengthen.

So many things that I "should" be doing and I don't feel like doing them, either.

Dh is out again. I'm going to grill chicken on George Foreman grill - maybe put some on a salad, maybe not. Or maybe I won't grill it tonight and I'll have something else.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”