Full Throttle Thursday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Full Throttle Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:38 am

December is moving along at an incredible pace.

Tonight is the first night of Hannukah.

Christmas activities are picking up.

Time to put the pedal to the medal and have a couple of days of productivity so that we can also enjoy the events of the season.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Full Throttle Thursday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:40 am

I'm off to sing today and that will take about 6 hours out of my day. Coughing has been minimal since waking. It was a rough night, though.

I'm missing my ADD meds but will get off my butt now and do the kitchen chores (which I skipped last night in order to get to bed earlier.)

I'll probably check in later from the car since dh is driving. (We are singing down in the village where I'll be preaching on the 24th so it is a chance to refresh our minds on the route there and time it takes to get there.)

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:44 am

Thanks for starting us, Kathryn. I wasn't quick enough with my start, lol, but I'll go with full throttle, or whatever I have today.

I have Zoom meeting at 11 with my mentee - how did I become a mentor for certification of genealogists? I've got the imposter syndrome written all over me today, honestly. And I have workout at two. Dh is out for dinner with a client.

And now, I really need to get going because the Zoom is an hour and fifteen minutes. Somehow it didn't seem pressing like I had to be somewhere. and i just spent 35 minutes talking to dd, mostly about her job.

My stomach is growling and the dog wants a walk.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:47 am

Hi!

I was up very early (before 5) and just after 7 I put the compost and recycling out. We will take the garbage to the landfill at some point in the next few days. Before I came in I moved the truck and took my car out of the garage. Dh has a customer who was having "something" wrong. When dh moved the car into the garage, he popped the hood and checked something. The guy had no oil in his engine... This is the guy who's taking us to the airport. Hmmm...

We will have Shepherd's pie for supper tonight. Can't remember the last time we had it.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:48 am

Twins: love the "imposter syndrome" comment. I feel that way a lot of the time!

Kitchen cleaning is done, laundry is started, some of the stuff to go in the car is gathered.

Next up is to get dressed. I was waiting until I finished the housework as I'm getting dressed up to sing.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 07, 2023 11:52 am

I am posting while pedaling a reclined seat bike. I have finished my 30 minutes of exercise. DS15 has a 1 hour workout with personal trainer so that leaves me with 30 minutes to fill. Easy pedaling is my way of waiting while being a tiny bit productive.

I am going to have a couple days of reduced scheduled activities on Friday and Saturday. DS15 is joining a group of men that are going to another state to do guided fishing. I'm looking forwarded to having hours with less distractions. I am hopeful to seeing what happens when i can follow my cards without pausing to be kid taxi and 48 hours of less hands on mentoring

------------
I'm home now. When I came to SHE village from my laptop I discovered that I hadn't hit submit from my phone post (above).

I have selected 5 cards to do before the next TOTH. *POOF*
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:42 pm

good morning I am still trying to get into first gear! :D

bought a washing machine; it will come on the 16th. At least it will be here before christmas.
I brought mom home early and set up a plate of food for her. For such a nice little thing she can eat and never gain an ounce. That little French body does well for her. (it's amazing she can forget to eat when she is by herself).

hello d Kathryn

hi d twins. you are a good teacher - you are still a learner but now you can be a teacher/helper with those who are starting their journey. My mind always goes back to child behavior theorists. Everyone is a learner and a teacher; as you go up each step of learning, others are just beginning their first steps to knowledge - there are always people on the steps above us who share their knowledge that we may not have yet.

hi d cathy
hi d lady

hello d all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:19 pm

Imposter Syndrome was mentioned several times in the recent 2023 GBBaking Show. One inexperienced contestant was saying it often, convinced he couldn't keep up. He went on to do remarkably well and impressed all. In fact, I became a bit invested in his success, was "pulling" for him while HRH liked another baker.

Full Throttle for me today is rapid-fire emailing with Dan, the customer service rep for the printer. Next time, I must remember to say "digital" early in the conversation. He first heard me say "from my daughter's artwork" and he was worried it was anything from oils in a frame to a mosaic! :shock: It's been a pain getting it into emails, though, even with HRH's help, because the cover file has to be so "large", but it's done and is in the TaDa column, except for eventually picking the order up.

Yesterday was my 3rd perfect day of Daily Dozen checkmarks this month. I'll have to tell in H and F about exercise last night - I ended up in the midst of an advanced version by mistake, so just kept on but whew, was already tired from full day.

No, I still can't get into the habit of morning exercise. Extra reasons seem to pop up now, and ya'll remember that I already had a hard time managing it.

Dstepson came by. He's having to find yet another person :roll: (third attempt) to move the storage building because the one ds found is taking so long. That guy really wanted to do it right away, but the weather stopped him at first. Now our own family trips/work schedules are in the way of having helpers. Anyway, looks like either tomorrow or the next day. I hope all these menfolk of mine are getting along during this frustration. Hmmm... .. Why can't anything be easy?

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:15 pm

CI ~ I slept in till after six.
Have done qt & journals.
Mixed up bread dough that is raising now.
Having my bfast more like brunch now.
Feeling more on the mend.
Need to get dressed. X
-----
Glad to see the sun things morning.
Ddoggos is enjoying the sun & milds temps. today out in the yard.
Raked out in the yard for a round apx. 20 min.
processed mail.
Bread is in the pan and rising again.
Dishes have been washed from today...
Zooming right a long took a bet to get my engine warmed up.
Walk ddoggo is done it is a lovely day here outside.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:22 pm

Zoom meeting was fine. We'll meet every other Thursday at 11. I did a little stamping desk clean up while I was upstairs. I think I'm dreading it because it's such a mess - all around, not just stamping desk.

I have been sneezing, and I had a runny nose last night and was coughing, so I did a COVID test. Negative. The gym really appreciates that, and works at keeping people healthy. I slept poorly, partly the runny nose and cough, but I also realized this a.m. that I forgot to take meds at bedtime. What I take at night has sedating side effects so I'm guessing that disturbed my usual sleep pattern.

When I came downstairs, I also got the menorah on the porch plugged in to come on at dusk - and got the right number of candles tightened to come on. I also started pulling out the winter seasonal decorations and pulling things out, and took the orange/autumn pillows off the front porch. But I haven't finished any of that. And while on phone with dd this a.m., I put vinegar/water into the coffeemaker to descale, but never looked up how to start the process. (It's in Evernote) So I have that going right now at least. Oh, I also went online and got tickets to the touring company "To Kill a Mockingbird" in June.

I need to leave for workout in a little less than thirty minutes. (twenty minutes now.)
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Return to “Post When You Can”