First-rate Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: First-rate Friday PWYC

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:35 pm

On phone hard to post

Can't tell if y'all have said in peyc there's news in j and c

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:58 pm

Thank you Harriet.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:06 pm

End of day.

I got my contribution for the Christmas newsletter written.

In the course of a couple of hours I've gone from not being sure if I was setting up a tree this year, to having everyone for tree trimming on Sunday with supper for 9 following it. At least we'll all be together then if it works out that someone can't come on the 28th.

The choir at church came through and have identified a church musician who is willing to work for us for either 6 or 12 month contract. So that is in the process of being settled. When I was called with the news, the caller started off saying, "I'm calling with positive news" and I told her I had to sit down to receive it since positive news was such a shock!

I guess I'll go downstairs with dh and we can bring up the rest of the decorations plus the tree. I'll need to get it up tomorrow with lights and garland on so it is ready to decorate on Sunday. Yesterday when we were over dd was saying when she was little the tree magically appeared up, fluffed, lights and garland on, so she and ds could jump into the fun stuff. Her dh refuses to do that and insists her kids 'help' (by which she means he tells them not to touch stuff and gets annoyed when they keep asking how much longer until they can do something.) She said my way was much better! (It came from me remembering as a child how hard it was to wait while the grownups did the boring stuff to set up a tree.)

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:10 pm

Tree is set up and tied to the patio door handle because we have a toddler and a rambunctious tank in the case of dgd(almost)5. I attached the star before putting the top section in. The transom above the tree calls out for some decoration(s) but I can't think of anything off the top of my head. While I'm going through my fragile ones, I'll see if there's anything that could go there (although reaching it might be a problem now that the tree is topped off.) Even a piece of yarn with Christmas cards hung over it might be enough. We'll see.

All the bins are up from the basement. The locker next to ours is empty and I just learned you can pay for a second locker. Sadly I told dh. He got all excited, saying we could move the stuff piled up behind his exercise bike (a stack of empty boxes he refuses to throw out!) I'd rather get rid of a lot of the stuff in our locker that he won't part with, like our spare tire rack that he converted to a bike rack (but we can't have the bikes in parking spot anymore.) It has value and could be sold so he doesn't want to 'just get rid of it' but I don't want to pay $25/month to store it. There's a half roll of indoor outdoor carpet, a half roll of thin cork we used it for sound proofing under the exercise equipment, and assorted pieces of wood he's keeping 'just in case.'

Other stuff we can't get rid of like the floor mats and aero covers from our car.

But I think I should work this Christmas at reducing down to eliminate one bin of decorations. After all, as big as my apartment is, I don't need 9 bins of decorations (and the tree.)

Edit: my earrings didn't arrive again today. Dh got an email (it is his account) saying they were out for delivery today and I checked and it said arriving by 8. I checked again when I got upstairs with the tree (since it was 9, then) and now it is back to arriving between Dec. 7 and 14th.

Return to “Post When You Can”