First-rate Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: First-rate Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:32 pm

I thought I saw someone speeding by - d cathy - look at your speed! yay on the work

hello d rose yay on having a coffee klatch - I miss those.
glad you got some More of your Christmas presents.

have a good day all

spoke to mom - not a good idea at all to have left her alone yesterday. She was contemplating her loneliness. I wish she would live here while she is in Chicago.
dd will be there in a half hour

family room straightened.
listening to christmas songs.
christmas presents ready to wrap
ordered dh another present that he wanted.
more came in for d gr. niece

plan tonight with d mom, dh, dd older - make it nice holiday type evening.

Next water everything. watered kitchen plants. :D
put dishes in dw and turn on
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:20 pm

I slept in till 7:00 :shock: Wow!
I did my qt & most of my journaling stuff.
I've been working on 2024 goals & planning for the 1st quarter & 2023 review.
It has been going well I'm taking it slow.
Had bfast. pants on slippers too lol!

I have my clothes in the dryer.
Sharpened some scissors.
Food is thawing for meals the next couple of days.
Sunny & mild today but was br-r cold out this morning F. 36* low / 45* is the forecast hi temp.
Waving to everyone.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Dec 08, 2023 2:56 pm

Hello! Goodness, I haven’t been here all week!

I couldn’t even tell you what I’ve done this week other than that I got a few boxes cleaned out in my dining room. Last week, I had gotten the dining table cleaned off, and we’ve actually been eating there for the first time in about two years. (Getting it clean has been like Sisyphus and the rock.) I’ve got an Advent wreath on there and everything!

Anyhow, with the therapist, I’ve been working on getting things to where I’d feel comfortable having people over. The next step in that is getting rid of the boxes around the periphery that make it hard to maneuver around the table. I thought there were about a dozen boxes, so the plan is to go through four of them a week to have them gone by Christmas. Well, I got through 4 this week, and there are only 6 left, but it’s good there are fewer than I thought because these last ones will be hard. They’re the kids’ stuff, so I can’t just go through them whenever, and DC, at least, will agonize over every decision. And, of course, as we go through them, there are things that land on the dining table, so I need to be vigilant about that.

Cathy, I feel you with the dishes. Our dishwasher has died, and I ended up asking DH if we could have pizza on paper plates last night because we were just so far behind on dishes.

Speaking of which, I should do my lunch dishes, which means cleaning the gross stuff I currently have soaking in the sink (a couple of plant pots and salt shakers I found in the boxes). Have a good day, everyone! (Or maybe I should say “Have a good week” if I’m going to get here so seldom.)
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:04 pm

Not a lot to update you on so far today.

I'm dressed.

I folded and put away the laundry on the drying rack and tidied the rest of the room.

I had breakfast.

I sent an email.

See, not inspiring.

Ds is willing to bring dgs here on Sunday for tree decorating, so now I have to figure out how that will work. I absolutely have to be in church so can't start until noon and that is when dsg goes down for his nap.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:05 pm

waving at d Nancy and d mystery and d Kathryn - so happy you are here again d mystery!

red ornaments are on our tree tree and I am missing a whole box of fancy ornaments.

I pulled some christmas things my mom had given me when she moved to Florida that were hers. I will put them on her tree plus a couple other things. I don't know if she will put them away and hopefully she won't toss them. but anything that brings her good memories will be a good thing.

next look in basement for other ornaments
put up fake garland on fireplace, above the sliding glass door and on the stair rails.

I have Rudolph on :D
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:27 pm

While going through my new planner if found a great two page Cmas check list. I made copies of them since they’re suppose to be for next year so I can use them now.

Did the same for the two page daily/weekly check list. The top of the page has a daily chore check list for both morning and night. I do many of them any way but a few I don’t . It has chores to do for each day like vacuum, dusting and cleaning out the refrigerator. Interesting as most of those fall on the days I already do mine.

Anyway I wanted to start using the daily/weekly planner so I made copies of these for the next 3 weeks

It’s chilly outside and I’ve been wearing my sweats around the house; enjoying the cool while I can :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 08, 2023 3:46 pm

I have made progress yea!
Got dressed and put on my red & white sweater for our walk it was almost too warm for it but I wanted to wear it b/c it's so festive.
I have done my daily journal on holiday filler paper in my happy planner I luv it!
Pd. a bill by phone instead of going to the bank for a check and mailing it glad b/c I got a 15% off I would not have known about yea!
Got some great ideas for my prayer unit next year on page layout.
Winds have kicked up a bit glad hoping the last of the leaves will blow off the roof & down to the field.
I'm writing the pen pal letter on the Christmas pages nearly done with it. So that is some more progress. :mrgreen:
I have done the dishes & swiffered kit. & dining room.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 08, 2023 4:53 pm

I stamped a bit earlier. Made one Christmas card and was pulling out cardstock for a second. I typically use a printed paper layered on a border color layered on the folded card front, with a stamped sentiment and some kind of ribbon or bling to dress it up. Simple formula, my creative ability isn't there just yet. Dh came home for his lunch and a phone call with his doc to check in about his last bloodwork, and was going on to temple to start the latke cooking. He has a crew of men friends who cook together, with some whiskey and alcohol for their enjoyment.

I laid down and probably napped more than two hours. It was delicious. Since then, I wrapped a package for dfriend that we were in NYC with - she got a puzzle there for her husband that we brought home in our luggage. So it's wrapped and I'll take it to them tonight. We're also lighting menorahs tonight at temple, so pulled out candles and a small one to take.

The service is at six - I need to walk the dog and s2s before I go so need to get myself moving again. I think I'll walk her first.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 08, 2023 5:55 pm

All of the pots/pans and large wooden utensils are clean and most are put away. Dishes are all in the dishwasher and I will turn that on before bed tonight.

Dh is taking me out for supper. I don't really want to go, but he does.

Dh is napping. I think I should wake him up before the cat sitter gets here.

The loud talker is back at knitting. She was busy for the past 3 weeks and it was blissfully quiet, which a lot of people commented on last week. She is the type that starts to tell a story and can't tell it unless she stops to laugh numerous times. By the end of the story nobody else has laughed other than her.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 08, 2023 6:15 pm

I have been AWOL the last few days, I think.
DH manged the CT scan, but we won't know anything till Tuesday, when he sees the doctor. He's pretty nervous, but fortunately, dgs had a ballgame last night and two more so that will keep his mind occupied for tonight and tomorrow night. We're about to go out and eat with ds and the dgrands before tonight's game. (ddil is working). Sunday the dgrands will be here most of the day, also.
DH doesn't feel well, but he wants to get out of the house and do things.

Rose, I just felt sorta overwhelmed with keeping up with all the tasks in that planner. I didn't really give it a good try, I must admit; it just overwhelmed me. I am very interested in how it all works out for you!

Two priorities for today --
* bake cookies that were left over from dgd's bday -- DONE
* wrap presents -- MADE PROGRESS
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”