Saturday Surprises

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Saturday Surprises

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:31 pm

My three surprises so far today are...
1. slept till 7:05
2. dog made a mess
3. found another dog upchuck to clean.

-----

I have done my morning stuff ...
bujo still a mystery for me on what I"m doing so is not fill out yet.
Found yet another surprise I pulled out 4 four journals from the basement and two of them are not filled out and have prompts I've put in them. :mrgreen: Surprise!!! So I will use em. The others are just brain dump diary stuff. One does not have the year on it dang. a couple years ago apx.
Update fount the Year that I started it yea! So I wrote it bigger this time to more easily spot it! / Next update only one was not filled out ...
got to do an on - line writer workshop yea some new info. the rest was review.

Had bfast & Rx.
Washer is going now that stuff is dry folded and most put away.
Walked doggo.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:36 pm

((bw2)) And surprises aren't the good ones.

Dh and I have been texting re: his trip to Costco and what we need. We'll see our river friends (that we traveled with to NYC) tomorrow I think. I have a load of laundry (including dh's clothes from last night) in the dryer. I ran dishwasher earlier but it's not ready to unload yet. I've done a calendar page with OMMs for the coming week. Once dh gets home and we put away stuff, I'll spend some time upstairs at stamping desk.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 09, 2023 1:41 pm

I had an excellent surprise yesterday. Cleaning up the stamping desk, I found both of my lost pens. I kept one upstairs on my genealogy desk and the other in my planner and they both went missing. I had purchased a new one, but I'm thrilled to have both back.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 09, 2023 2:51 pm

I surprised myself! Dgd wanted to sit out on the front porch swing, and while we were out there, I swept the porch and cleared the cobwebs off the porch rail and windows.
I showered last night, but I still need to put on makeup before dgs’ game at 4:00 pm.
First, I’m going to watch AU basketball with dh. Or read. Or nap. ;)
Tomorrow is another day.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:18 pm

I’m surprised how much I’m enjoying my new planner and discovered there are pages for this month that I could print. Already did that and am checking things off as I go.

Other surprise … I m dressed and ready to attend 4:00 mass. Advent is my favorite season so off I go
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:06 pm

home again - dh took the last of his cleaned laundry (still wet) and brought it home for our dryer. My attitude is still on the cranky side but I will have to adjust. He did say thank you for going with him. He said he needs to get out of the house bc he doesn't go to places anymore bc of covid - which is not quite true: he still goes to the grocery store, misc. places and his favorite b&Nobles.

d mom separated his laundry before he could - and she threw his underwear in the washer before he could - she is fast!!! we brought over lunch and her meds. done. I finished decorating her tree and put up a nice crèche from Israel. (Wood carved and not small). She thought she had put it up and said she had it for years. it made me smile on how happy it made her. dd older loves this and I will give it to her after mom goes back to Florida . it's too big for me but she adores it. dd younger can pick something she loves but for now, the creche is at mom's.

I did come home to a surprise - dd older is vacuuming the floors and cleaning the kitchen and the family room. phew that is nice. I am still feeling cranky - I felt like a brat who was stomping her feet. poor dh and everyone around me 8-)

Time to shut down for a bit. then:

dogs need to run
finish ornaments in the front room
put away any boxes etc. from christmas (3 season room).
birds
mom tonight and meds/dinner.

next week:
order mom some more meds
finish christmas wrapping.
I need dd older to finish her christmas list
stocking stuffers including mom's
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:08 pm

hi d rose enjoy mass!
yay d Lucy
yay on finding your pens. d twins
hi d Nancy
hi d cathy
hi d lady
hi d Kathy.

hi d everyone
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:57 pm

DS15 is home from his fishing trip 25.5 hours after he left. My quiet time is over, and I am back into my normal life. DS15 came home upset and in drama mode. DD12 has ignored my request to do her cards so I turned her phone off. Calgon...take me away!

I am enjoying reading about the PPP planners and how well they are working. I love hearing organization tips.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:25 pm

bw2, I'm feeling cranky too. We declined a last minute invitation to go out to dinner tonight because I didn't want to go, and that always makes dh surly. My mouth has been hurting, I don't want to go out to a noisy place in the evening on short notice, probably without a reservation, and need to wait around for dinner.

I stamped a couple of hours but never got any momentum going. Finished a card I started yesterday and made another. Pulled out another set of designer paper and left it. Then I took a nap. My sleep was disturbed early in the night last night by jolts of electricity in my face, although I've had it worse too.

So sorry, LadyM that you have drama mode ds and recalcitrant dd going at the same time. I used to want to run away - do you guys remember me saying that?

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:39 pm

Things with the kids have worked themselves out. DD12 did all her cards in less than an hour and received the use of her phone. DS15 was teary eyed when he shared that girlfriend wants to take a week break from seeing each other. They are still texting. I expect it to be the end of their time together. It lasted about 3 months. I wish there was a way to discourage young love. Many kids have relationships in grade school so DS15 is considered by his peers to be a late bloomer.

DD12 is baking cinnamon rolls (from a can). DS15 is helping a friend get his mustang ready to drive in our little town parade. They have the parade at night so the lights and decorations on floats and vehicles show up better. We will be leaving to go watch the parade in a few minutes.

I got distracted and didn't create my new cards. Maybe tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”