Calendar Countdown Monday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Re: Calendar Countdown Monday

Postby CathyS » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:46 pm

Hi!

I was up 2 hours before knitting started this morning and I was still more than 15 minutes late! Then I came home and had lunch and went to the afternoon knitting group. I was 15 minutes late for that group as well. Sheesh!!

I did get some errands done and now the utilities are all paid for this year. While I was gone dh went and got some bananas. He also got a few things I had mentioned over the past couple of days, like frozen tart shells and a bottle of mincemeat. Guess who wants me to make some mincemeat tarts? He also picked up some hummus and mini pitas.

We are having spaghetti and meat sauce for supper with leftovers for tomorrow night.

I have moved most of the paperwork to the table in the library.

It's very cold and windy here today.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:17 pm

I ran out of steam after lunch rested a bit.
Got out my journal and basically just leafed through it.
Washed & dried my hair.
I need to do a task for 15 min. or two 7 min. ones.
- - - - -
Okay worked on BWP it is better.
Had dinner and then worked on some of the too many old planners over whelming me.
I divided & conquered those the small ones not a fav. & old out dated ones went in a laundry basket and got scooted out of the room.
As well as some other stacks to go back in the book case in living room. Phew I can breath a big sigh of relief before I start to box up uses pages.
I need to sleep and bring up more boxed before I tackle that! :roll: But at least now I can see the head way I've made and it feels better.

Walked to the corner to see the lites and clear my head it was an excellent break.
1 min. sort was very productive yea.
Found my success list in a journal from last year and copied it to go in the planner with several years of plans and lists where I have others or
I thought they were in there. :roll:
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:29 pm

I went full force until it was time to leave. Thankfully it was muster at 1, not be there for 1.

I got lots done, not just house blessing but decorating tasks too.

Time with our friends was good and bad. His email account was taken over by a scammer and the purpose of the visit was for Dh to attempt recovery. Unfortunately it looks like that is not possible. I'm in the car posting from my phone so will update more, later.

We did the Costco run so chicken for dinner tonight.

My meetings start at 7, I've prepped for one, still have to prep for the other.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:37 pm

Hey, all!

(((Hugs))) to you, Twins.

Good to see you, Dove!

I have not been good for much today. We were out last night to see The Boy and the Heron, and then we went to dinner, but we didn't get back so late that I can justify dragging today.

DD started getting sick yesterday evening, and DH came home from work today complaining of cold symptoms. We have appointments for flu and Covid shots tomorrow. I will be so miffed if DH and DD turn out to have Covid already.

Tonight is book club, since the woman who is hosting the December girls' night is not one of the book group. (If the hostess is part of the book group, we just show up for girls' night an hour early.) Our "book" this month is one page -- Yes, Virginia, There is a Santa Claus. The friend who suggested it picked it in part for its brevity, since there are so many things to be done in December, but she's also put forth some challenging questions for discussion. We're meeting at a coffee house about 20 minutes away, since we're coming from different directions. This means I won't be home at dinnertime, but I won't be having dinner out -- I'll have to warm it up when I get home. (Presumably everyone else will have eaten dinner already; we eat late. Or perhaps it is just that the friend who scheduled this eats early, and the rest of us will just have to fend for ourselves.) Anyhow, since DH and DD are under the weather, I am presuming DC is sufficiently competent to make canned soup and biscuits from mix.

I don't know if I'll have time to get up a head of steam after coming back and eating dinner, but I don't want the entire day to be a wash. I think I'm going to get ready to go, then get DD to work with me on the coffee table (which is mostly covered with her stuff) before I have to actually leave.
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:15 pm

I have truly been on overwhelm.

have been kept from much computer at all, much less getting to check in here. Sigh. Maybe CUOP is in my future.

On weekend, did get to log in to prayer meeting but missed morning worship.

The little building has arrived and is situated and level, secure. Looks nice and not so little, actually. Now if I can just keep all my kids happy with each other :| in this project. There has been enough frustration to go around. dstepson got the lumber for steps to access and for repair of some corner trim, but it keeps raining and chasing him away from that work. Slowly but surely.

LR still looks like a decoration bomb went off in there :shock: but I see the method and the path. I'm getting a lot of "declutter" checkmarks in my planner. Have found almost everything - no tree skirt, though. Making do.

Dove
, I am pondering hanging decisions, too, and because I need a ceiling solution, dd25 and the young man (both art hangers by profession) say Command will not be a good decision for me there, disappointing me quite a bit. Gravity not on the side of Command at that angle. I know that Command may not be a trustworthy decision for my very old plaster walls, either. Actually, the hanging putty is better for that (and keeping it limited to lightweight things). But for other wall surfaces, Command is a really good possibility.

Still awaiting news from printer on the cards, which is not yet a problem, but concerns me a little.

90 percent of gifts here and awaiting wrapping.

Today was Annual Physical, which I didn't even get to tell ya'll was upcoming. All good and awaiting bloodwork results. Turned into a little bit of a counseling session, too, which was positive.

I agreed to flu shot because he talked about pneumonia shot someday, so I said how many possibilities are there, and which is your priority for this patient in front of you right now, December '23. He said from what he sees in our area, for an already thrice-Covid-vaccinated patient of my stats, he would rank it:
Influenza,
Covid,
Pneumonia,
RSV,
Shingles.
But if I asked in a few months, the other respiratory ones would move ahead of influenza. I did not want to double up, so got flu.

Sending hugs as far back as I can see needed
((Ramblin'))
((Twins'))

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:26 pm

happy countdown Monday again.

Mom is here wrapping her presents for family.

some errands done.

waving to all of you!!!

sending you some release from the overwhelmed feeling d harriet!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 11, 2023 11:32 pm

It was nice to hear morning memories today.

After my appt I had picked up a take-out Thai lunch for HRH and me and we enjoyed that when I got home.

Following that I'd taken a nap.

The rest of the day I've done laundry, worked on my planner and decorated the tree.

My current planner in its 2024 version is available at the office store relatively close, so I think I'll actually make an in-person trip there and get it in the morning. I have had a hard time finding it. Need to go by the bank, too. I wish I'd hear from printer and have that errand on my radar, but not yet.

Tomorrow is also trash and recycling.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:13 am

Successful evening except it is 11:09 and I'm still posting here!

Meeting one, got my bit in.

Meeting two was a nightmare but I have my marching orders (self-inflicted because I can see a path to take.)

Got the first draft of the service for the church secretary done. She can make up the slides for the Dec. 31 service.

Sent an email to the minister saying I need a phone call with him rather than adding to either of our email load. This can be whipped up in 12 - 15 minutes. It took that long just to send him my phone numbers by email. He is meeting with his rep tomorrow and his rep will remind him that what I want from him is high priority. I'm taking over part of his service for the next two Sundays, then I have my service and then I will continue to take over that part of his service for at least 3 more weeks - I have the authority to do this due to my position on Worship Committee. He's big on authority.

Ugh, just typing this brought back the ugliness of my meeting tonight.

Return to “Post When You Can”