Today is Tuesday, December 12

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Today is Tuesday, December 12

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:30 pm

I stamped a little more this a.m. I think I have enough cards but I'm upset that I ruined an ink pad that I use for embossing. Grabbed the wrong reinker. So I've ordered from Amazon and it will be here Friday. It's not something that's kept in stock at local Michaels anymore. I make make another card or two.

Time to leave for workout in about 10 minutes. I had lunch and the ddog has been out. Temp is around fifty, close to the high for today already. I can't get my hands warm!

Hoping DC isn't badly injured, Kathryn. Is she bored at school?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:14 pm

d twins sorry the ink pad is ruined. Glad they are able to get it to you by Friday d twins! frustrating
Hope the exercise will help your warm up!

praying for DC14 and family d Kathryn! hope you can have a good nap!

yay again on your work!!!! d Nancy you are amazing!

hello everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:21 pm

I still need to get stocking stuffers and dog presents (our family exchanges dog treats or toys :D )
dd older needs to give me her list - I can't figure her wants as she gets things all the time for herself.

All the presents that we have are wrapped. Mom's presents are wrapped as well. She is done!
All but one of her Christmas cards are done!

next:
put away all the wrapping paper and tape etc. in the front closet.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 12, 2023 3:26 pm

Oh my goodness, Kathryn -- I can sense the worry and the aggravation for DC! Glad her dad can get to her, and saying a prayer that it's nothing serious.
It certainly sounds difficult to straighten out your dfriend's email trouble, but it is a wonderful thing you are doing.

(((Twins))) for the aggravation with stamp pad. I'm having an issue with printing this morning, but it's just running out of ink. Started to enroll in the ink by mail plan with HP, but they don't do PO boxes, so I didn't do that. Plus, even their priority shipping won't be as fast as running out to Wmart.

blessed -- YES -- I hope you find your phone, too!!! That is one of the most frustrating things EVER, to lose the cell phone... ooohhh... such anxiety around here when that happens.
I hope your dmom has a good day, too, and that you get everything back like it should be from the Christmas stuff. That was what caused me to have my little meltdown after we got the tree up. But now it's up, everything is put away, most of the gifts are wrapped, and I'm feeling MUCH better about it all!
And I totally agree, Cathy -- sometimes it is just too early to think!!!

Nancy, LOL, I can definitely relate to the "yea, pants, socks, and shoes" feeling!
This morning I did my morning stretches and s2s before I left the bedroom/bathroom area. I'm still lagging behind -- no make-up yet -- but I feel so much better once that I am really dressed 2shoes! The SHE sisters were absolutely right about that, psychologically, as far as it applies to me.

I have a load of laundry in the dryer and a load in the washer,
I have been to the post office,
I have * finally * figured out how to see my rewards status on the movie app -- and I have $20 I can use next time we go! :o
I have talked to ds, (and dgd's eye appt went well)
dgs, (who is still feeling not too great and will probably miss basketball practice again. Doctor is hesitant to put him through colonoscopy/endoscopy, so wants to try one month on Prilosec and see how he responds. Says it could just be a virus. DDIL * and me * doubt THAT, however, considering how long this has gone on. But maybe it will heal on its own with the medication.)
and dmom (who had forgotten if the numbers or the name on the water meter stake face the road.)
-- Yesterday I spent a long while with dmom, took her to the water dept in her area, got her signed up for "city" water. After 60 years, she has decided it is time. Her well water is good, but her pump is hard to work on and plumbers have advised her to go with the city water. Do y'all know, it cost her over $1700 just to get the meter and hook up??? And now she still has to hire someone to dig the line and connect it from the road to her house!!!
I was going to put the stake out (that they gave her) in front of her house, but it was getting late, so her neighbor is going to do that today.

I wouldn't worry with make-up probably, but this is the day dh goes to the kidney doctor to get results from his tests.
PRAYERS ARE MUCH APPRECIATED!!! He is sooo nervous about what he doctor might say.
I hope dh will feel like going out for a nice supper afterwards.

Otherwise, I'd like to do some vacuuming, clean the bathrooms, and finish laundry ... which was yesterday's PLAN... but dmom interrupted that -- then dh wanted to go out and eat and ride around for a while, looking at lights and trying to settle his nerves, and when we got home, I just fell asleep. I guess time with dmom and then dh's worries just used up all my spoons. :?
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:20 pm

I have purged another planner this one was fun from July when I got the new deck , new roof and new pants! :mrgreen:
Decluttered 2 dressers too!
Got some great notes and successes for my end of year list.
:idea:
I just did some music therapy instead of news today.

Harriet I have to say I am so excited for you getting that shed what a day!
It will make a difference life changing to have that space for storage:
getting mine cleared out was amazing I am sure yours will be too.

The sun is trying to come out.
I need to put leaves in the can for next weeks pick up. Done.
Ddoggo is napping.
We have walked & I picked up the back yard after ddoggo.
Rested my knee a bit.
-----
Cleaned the top of the stove hood and the inside of the microwave did some of the dishes.
One take out more trash.
More dishes now that i've had dinner need my attn. done.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:27 pm, edited 5 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 12, 2023 4:22 pm

Went to the Dr appointment with dh. He kept turning to me when the nurse or the doctor asked him questions or talked to him. His next appointment is in February.

We stopped at a local pharmacy and picked out Christmas cards and gift cards for my DMIL and DSISIL, and they have been mailed. When we got home, there was a package in our mailbox from them with our cards and gift cards in it.

Supper is already heating on the stove. It goes on the lowest temperature, with the lid on.

I have been moving stuff and sorting stuff for most of the day.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:30 pm

Oh what a day ....and it isn't over yet.

You know those days that go so smoothly, and you can get lots of things accomplished? My day has been anything but that.

DD12 lied about washing her hair last night and I didn't discover it until this morning. She went to school with dirty stringy greasy hair.

While DH and I were coming home from voting this morning I got a phone call from DS15 who was crying so hard he struggled to talk. His girlfriend broke up with him. Before we arrived home his emotions were running high and he smashed his fist into the sheetrock wall making a hole. It took hours to settle him down as he worked through his emotional pain. I am 99% confident that he is doing okay now.

DD47 and SO are opening a bar in the bad part of the city. She text requesting us and the kids attend their grand opening on Thursday night. I wished her well but gave a pass on attending. That response was not the one she wanted, and she let me know. I am so familiar with her manic rantings so I wish I could say they didn't bother me anymore. But this is my daughter, and I will love her until my last breath, so hurtful words are not one of my favorite things to experience.

We have two vehicles in the shop being repaired. DS15 and DH are trying to talk me into putting a third vehicle in the shop. I'm resisting and telling them to sell some of theirtoys.

There is a large fire a couple of miles from our home and our air is smoky. I trust the volunteer fire departments will handle the fire but will be monitoring to make sure it doesn't burn pasture in our direction. Evacuating our home would fit right in with the rest of the drama of this day.

In 5 minutes, I will be leaving to get dirty hair DD12 from school and take her to counselor appt.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow being a better day
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 12, 2023 6:26 pm

Ah, yes, LadyM, the fist through the sheetrock. It happens. Hugs to ((LadyM household)).

Kathryn, I'm proud of you for appropriate use of authority at church. All there need you, including minister.

HRH and I took a trip out to office supply store (OD/OM) and found the 2024 version of my planner (Blue Sky Inkwell 5x8 with the shaded areas additional to each day-space, which I use for recording meals). True to their stated inventory online, they had two. And so, I assume all the other inventories from that company, both in stores and online delivery purchase possibilities are right as well. So, I believe I got my hands on one right before they sold out. (gasp) The larger version 8x10 is not nearly as popular.

I found everything I needed there except Scotch brand gift wrapping tape, and if that's all I'm missing this season, well, I can deal with that.

Back home, the printer had emailed. I'll be able to pick up our card order tomorrow.

Also tomorrow, friends visit. So that gives me incentive to FINISH DECORATING :roll: (please) . At least, to the point most boxes can be put away and LR furniture seating space freed!

Huge recyclables and trash push took me an hour today, believe it or not. Boxes multiply. Mud room clean and tidy now, though. Trucks will be well-used in the early morning!

Charity we support in a small way (well known - commercials on tv) sent HRH a set of return address labels with such an attractive design. I was happy, happy with them because they would be used for sure, and then I noticed - they had left off the first letter of his name on them all. Sigh. Maybe I can pen an artsy-looking first letter that looks marginal and sort of covers the upper-case of the second letter ... ..

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:46 pm

A quiet afternoon and evening in the village! Everyone must be getting lots done.

Nancy
, that's nice of you to say - yes, I'm hopeful.

Twins', I'm glad you have been having fun making cards and I bet they are lovely.

Dd25 did some of the high work with me for decorating. She got on a stepstool and decorated the top of the hutch as I handed her various pieces of all my dmother's old greenery that we always used to use for the mantel. It really looks great. Tree is done. Mostly what I have left is box put-away until my order of various hangers arrives. I'll be using some cup holder hooks and some Command.

Company is not coming until 2, so I hope to have a call from printer in the morning and get home with all that by then.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 13, 2023 12:05 am

Oh, (((LadyM)))… tomorrow has to be better.
(((Ds)))

Today was not a good day here. I’ll post in J&C.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”