Today is Tuesday, December 12

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
CathyS

Today is Tuesday, December 12

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:18 am

It's too early to think things through.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

CathyS

Re: Today is Tuesday, December 12

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 12, 2023 7:25 am

Hi!

Considering the time, my mind is too full to sleep.

I cleared off most of my desk last night and I still have 2 large piles of paperwork to move. I did get rid of a huge pile of receipts that were right beside my right hand last night. There is now a large paper bag of burnable paperwork beside me and I certainly hope to fill at least one other bag over the course of today and another tomorrow. These next 2 days are set aside on my pre-trip schedule to deal with just paper.

Dh has a doctor's appointment which I will need to go to. When I was out yesterday afternoon the doctor's office called and dh told me he wrote down that he has an appointment "tomorrow". I looked where I had written the appointment quite a while ago. He hadn't written on the 12th. He just wrote "DR" on December 25. I scribbled that one out.

Supper tonight will be leftover spaghetti. No need to think, just reheat and eat.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:18 am

Up at three to pee and stayed up. :roll:
OMM... listening to time and tide you tube channel that has vids. on a card file system of the P & P system.
I have moved a stack of papers off the dresser to the desk to deal with later thinking I will listen to a movie I've seen before and sort a stack of that.
Working on simplifying my planner stuff, I can do this! I'll do the franken planner method and put the stuff from a mo. of two planners in one cover faith planner and daily stuff but I'll have to start fresh in a diff one. but I have the covers and discs. I can use for it from my clearing out last month.
Phone is charging. I will be glad when the joy journal is done it is thick and small sort of a pain bc of the odd size I moved it off my desk to another place I'll keep it in lr till I'm done with it by the end of the year.
Spare room is a catch all room again and getting scary. Just got it cleared out ... It will be this way till after I get the Christmas stuff down and put away.

I can put my bujo stuff on a sheet in my day planner and eliminate that one as well yea!
I got the planners to fit in my planner bag wahoo. I have a pc bag too. :mrgreen:
Got it last month it is red. qt and dear God journal bujo & planning done.
two more pages to write at various points in my day if needed.
Two or three cards to do as well.
Waving!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:36 am

It was an early start to me too. Awake at 5, up at 5:40. Only got 6 hours in bed and not all of that was asleep.

I'm making good progress on church stuff and the locked email of our friends. I just discovered a 9 year old email from Microsoft in his in-box confirming an email address with an underscore in it. When we tried to stop a redirect on his current email (he can send but not receive right now) the recovery email given had an underscore in it and he didn't remember having an email address with an underscore so we assumed the hacker had found the account had no recovery email and set it up for himself. Now, we may be able to get into the recovery account, which will give us access again to the primary account. This guy is 88, deaf, very forgetful and not tech savvy, so it is a challenge to help.

Oh, and I found an scam email from 2017 sent to him and he thought it was actually a friend asking for help. The only reason he didn't go buy Google Play cards to send the code to the guy is they lived in the boonies, 30 minutes away from any store and 45 - 60 away from any store that sold Google Play cards. So he wrote the friend back saying he couldn't help. This is exactly the scam that was sent from his email on Saturday.

It is mildly interesting going through every email from someone's email account trying to ID what danger his finances will be in if the info is in the hands of scammers. Thankfully he doesn't do much online although he told Ken he didn't do anything and yet I've found insurance, travel, investment and legal documents so that wasn't correct either.

Off to s2s now.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 12, 2023 11:32 am

I'm working out at two today and I'll s2s after. We're going to dfriends home tonight for latkes and tsimmes. I was up at 7:30ish and have been moderately active. I have not walked the ddog yet, and she is not harassing me. It's cold outside - only 34 degrees now!

I slept poorly but it was my own fault for having coffee too late in the day. Upstairs I made two more cards. I'm beginning to feel creative - it takes me awhile.

I have already entered and printed two checks for the HOA and I have them ready to mail. The mail delivery comes so late right now I'm not putting them in the mailbox, but will get to the post office to mail.

Heading out to walk ddog.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:45 pm

Slowly working on paperwork. Another bag of burnable paperwork that has been crumpled so it burns faster and easier.

Dh ran an errand for me, so I was happy about that. We needed a new picture thing for our camera. I can't remember the name of it, but now we can take a LOT of pictures and not worry about losing the older pictures.

It's sunny out, but it feels so cold because of the wind.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 12:56 pm

it was so nice to hear someone else that thinks that sometimes it's too early to think! It gave me a big smile! As I read this Cathy I find myself thinking - YES! really nice to start out with a verification and a smile!!

yay d Cathy on cleaning off your desk last night!
dh always tells me the day of or the day before an appointment. (sometimes he would do it for family parties or information). ;) :D
its sunny here too and cold!

hi d Nancy! oh my goodness I hope you get a nap!!! waving at you!

hi d Kathryn yay on progress on the church jobs.
going through emails - well done!!!

hi d twins! enjoy your workout and your time with dear friends.
hope you feel restful today!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:08 pm

CI is is nine a m here and I have cleared more stuff out of zone work room, dusted corners and cleared off two of the four surfaces.
One I did yesterday so just one left to deal with. It is very raining and cloudy not invitine out at all. But I did get the trash to the curb and
the last card to mail is in the mail box yea! Planner stack has been consolidated yea! Cooked & eaten my bfast.
So wondering if I should get dressed or go back to bed LOL!

Cleared out junk and trash folders yea! :idea: Discovered how to block some will be doing that in the future for some that I focus on getting rid of.

- - - - -
Did not go back to bed.
I have pants on now yea sox & shoes too. LOL!
Got the next surface cleared off and down to two piles of paper stacks on my tall rolling desk.
So glad I could do that standing up and got some steps to the trash can across the room strategically placed.
Wahoo for progress.
Mail is here and trash truck has been by.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 12, 2023 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:12 pm

Well, 5 - 6 hours have just opened up in my day since I don't have to go out to ds' to babysit for a few hours. That is a GIANT plus.

The downside is the reason babysitting is cancelled. DC14 went off school property, was playing on some swings, fell off (apparently again, this is not the first time) and is in an ambulance on her way to the hospital. Her father is driving out from the city to deal with that (as her mom, my ddil, is with napping dgs2.75 right now.) Her orthodontist appointment is now cancelled, so we aren't needed to babysit. Ds swapped shifts with someone today and is working at the hospital where they live instead of the second campus, the hospital where she's headed. So he can't help at all. Although it is probably good he isn't there because, if she's not injured badly, he's rather angry with her for breaking rules. (Although some of that might be worry.)

I'm progressing well on service completion. So now I'll get a lot more done than I had hoped to.

I might even get a nap this afternoon!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:15 pm

I woke up before 6 and made the mistake of laying down again and woke at 10 with a headache.
but it's not a migraine - that is always wonderful!

spoke to d mom - I am keeping my fingers crossed that she took her meds, as she said this morning, and that she ate the breakfast I had for her in the fridge for her - Swedish pancakes and fruit. (ham as well).

Yesterday mom wrapped her presents and she is always an artist. the present wrapping was beautiful!

Tuesday is bathroom cleaning day
I have to go to the cleaners
my brother is coming in to take care of things at mom's house. :D
this am:
finish wrapping what I have
put away the boxes from the christmas stuff (they are tossed around the 3 season room but I want it neat - so that I don't have to see it all the time).

I lost my phone! keeping my fingers crossed that I can find it.

wishing you all a good day.
CHEERING YOU ALL ON! *\o/* rah rah rah
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”