In the Workshop on Wednesday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: In the Workshop on Wednesday

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 2:40 pm

happy St. Lucia day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__k8qIwWVdw. at 24 to 1:24 seconds
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:09 pm

It is 2 p.m. and I'm not dressed.

I stayed up to 1 a.m. last night but finished up the email address harvesting. Tried to get into the outlook account to find out what devices were connected and managed to get locked out. We haven't heard from our friend so we don't know if he is locked out too. Next step is to go back to his place and search for where he might have written down passwords.

I finished the Dec. 24 service today.

I still have the mass email to write and send and the Dec. 31 sermon and prayers to write.

And I've received 22 church emails so far today and 2 regarding the email issue. It is overwhelming.

Finally, the sun is out so I really need to get dressed and step outside the building despite the wind.

Remember my Marching on Monday? It turns out Ken 'the general' Grant died today. There's a coincidence to ponder.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:20 pm

I looked up St. Lucia day, blessed, and saw that it is also called St. Lucy Day, so I am feeling quite honored to be her namesake. :)

I have NOT gotten into the workshop yet, :lol: but things are progressing. I am s2s and have talked to dmom... AND -- BIG NEWS HERE -- also in J&C --
urologist called and dh has appointment TOMORROW morning at 10:00 a.m. I do pray this doctor will be able to ease some of dh's worries and answer questions for him. DH does NOT want to have surgery before Christmas, but at least we may be able to get it scheduled and know what to expect.

TODAY'S PODA --
[ ] Finish laundry
[ ] Go to family doctor with dh @ 3:00
(DH needs refill of Tramadol, and doctor won't give it without seeing him; he hasn't been in office since August.)
[ ] Wrap presents
[ ] Children's program at church
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:38 pm

Happy Lucy day to our sweet Lucy!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 13, 2023 3:49 pm

CI / after brunch
I raked the front yd. to get my morning step count in.
Checked the mail.
Making friends with neighbors dogs.
Talked to dsis & dd then walked ddoggo.

I only mail 2 cards.
2 I give in person.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:04 pm

dd Youngers present came in so I will wrap it right away.
straightened the 3 season room - I could have put the empty Christmas boxes in the basement but felt there is only a couple weeks for the holiday clean up. toss and put away done in that area.

next: kitchen counter put away, sweep the floor

what I should do - bring in the remainder of the pots from the patio.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:10 pm

Doing okay with the paperwork.

Doctor has added 2 more prescriptions as of today. Now dh is up to 12! :shock: He's not the least bit happy. As a matter of fact, I stopped working on the paperwork and went and sat with him for a bit.

Dh says he misses not having the tree and decorations and lights this year. We talked about how he hated Christmas before I came back into his life. I had been without trees/decorations and lights for so many years due to ex h, so I wanted Christmas with all the trimmings and kept adding more each year for the first few years we were together, and we haven't decorated much for the past couple of years for various reasons. I miss the lights and the decorations and the tree. Hopefully next year if we will be home.

I told him to go lay down for a bit and I would wake him up at 4:30 to help make the liver.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 4:48 pm

(((d cathy, I hope your trip to Cuba will give you so much joy that it fills what you are missing for this Christmas)))
could you put one thing up - would that help both your hearts.

mom called - I am glad I wrote down what she bought for family and where she will be on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. She called me and I asked me what she was doing - I left it on her counter and she found it and read it to me!

time to wash the counters as things have been put away. :D

5 minutes later mom called again and we went over the procedures for the holidays again. it's so hard to watch her worry. I wish she would go out with me daily but she won't.

time for the garage put away from the laundry room :D done

Add to calendar
work on the basement and clean it

Saturday the new washing machine comes in.

? how many of you still send lots of Christmas cards?

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 13, 2023 10:21 pm

I still send about 55 cards, mostly to family.

Y’all, dmom gave me a scare tonight! As we were walking back to the parking lot from the church, she fell on the sidewalk! She said she must have got her foot off the concrete and onto the grass, and lost her balance. Oh my goodness — scared me to death! She says she’s okay, drove herself on home and called me when she got there — I offered to drive her home, but she said she was okay. She didn’t hit her head or anything, just maybe her hip and arm. I was maybe two steps ahead of her.
Whew.
I do NOT have time for a broken hip and kidney surgery in my future!

Christmas program was very good. Dgs had two solos and was the inn keeper. Dgd wore a star around her neck and led the wise men in. It’s always so much fun to watch the little ones.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:30 am

In the Workshop here today a LOT happened.

Decorations all up and all boxes put away. Vacuumed, dusted. The LR is covered in Christmas hall-decking, lol, every surface.

(Visitors had to postpone to tomorrow and that was almost a welcome delay. Certainly, it helped me feel relaxed while getting it all done.)

I picked up all the cards and address labels and they are very well done. On the way, I made a Goodwill drop off. so multitasking.

Here at home, dstepson and DangerBoy built steps to the little building.

Dd25 and I worked on the cards this evening, but there is more to do tomorrow. She is really pleased with them. Because I separately ordered a color of envelopes to match her work, and got high quality, I think I actually impressed her, lol.

Cards discussion - we know we are sending 40 this year. Possibly 50. It's a little more important to us this year because it's the last year we send with a child, and also, we're still stinging a bit from 2 years ago when we didn't/couldn't send because of loss of addresses during move and being overwhelmed by move. HRH isn't even complaining this year about signing them all. Wouldn't be surprised if he comes up with more names, actually.

lucylee, I hope your dmother continues to feel good and like that was no big deal! When I stepped half-on, half-off concrete walkway, I went down while successfully protecting my face from concrete so my side of face hit grass/ground. Way better, of course, but still painful, bruised. And about 10 days to 2 weeks later lost some sight in that eye and HRH still blames the fall. That's wonderful that your dmother just drove away and is fine! A miss is as good as a mile! And you all get to remember the happy play with the children without any concern. So cute that your dgd played a star.

Return to “Post When You Can”