Five Jive Thrive Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Five Jive Thrive Thursday PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:10 pm

Hurray I got all my presents wrapped. For the first time ever I asked Sweetie to help me. He was the tape man! So glad to get this done. :D:

Starting tomorrow I’ll start writing my cards.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:01 pm

YEAH!! Public & homeschool school are done for the year. ****Big sigh of relief****

I have not started Christmas decorations or prep yet. I hope to make progress on Christmas in the next few days by using the focus, time, and energy that I normally give to school.

Tuesday, I brought home several pairs of pants for DS15 and DD12 to try. I basically just brought one of each type/style of pants that Sam's had in their size. They tried them on in the comfort and privacy of home and now I will return all the pants that they don't care for. I suppose most people buying things for their kids in December would wrap them to open as Christmas presents. I'm not good at doing that. ANYway, I have the stack of pants ready to return to sam's. We are headed out the door to do that next.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:22 pm

I'm very thankful for my hair stylist. She's an odd duck and not chatty at all. When I first started with her, I was conflicted. I hate chatting with the stylist, on the other hand, I felt like something was missing. The cut is good, though so I've stuck with her. And today that gave me 45 minutes of silence while being pampered. I probably said fewer than a half dozen words over the full appointment. 

I was a couple of minutes late because another email came in just before I was to leave. I read a third of it, acknowledged its contents and sent back hugs and a promise to respond tomorrow.

When I got home, dgs2.5 was asleep, on his mattress but not in the crib. He's still asleep 2 hours later. So I managed to answer that tough email and an easier one, too.

Next up, send another supportive email to our church secretary who gave a stellar defense of children's time with the minister this morning in my meeting. She managed to do it without crying, which I'm sure she had done while writing me an email full of anguish over this (and a dozen other things) a couple of weeks ago. So I want to acknowledge it.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:40 pm

Five Jive Thrive was successful for me today.

-go purchase pansies
-get ingredients for and prep Mediterranean dip and pita to take to A & V's tonight
-15 min session declutter/straighten up in my upstairs room
-call about getting replacement supplies for CPAP (has been on to do for weeks
-call for mammogram appointment

All five of those done, plus picked up the CPAP stuff. True to form, they didn't have my "headgear" after telling me they did - she didn't see that I had gotten a different time since the last time I got everything. So that's ordered and I have the other things. The mammogram appointment isn't until 2 January, would have been nice to get it in but I waited way too long to call. And I can get the pansies out tomorrow or Saturday I hope - or at least start.

I walked the dog, made step goal, and now need to get in the shower.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:01 pm

Kathryn, do you mean she defended having the time, or the minister's being in charge of the time? Whatever it is, yes, it is good to see someone holding up well in a situation that might have been intimidating or emotional.

Twins' Mom, its nice to hear you enjoyed creating some cards.

Entertained casually in the LR to many compliments and smiles with all the cheery little items and nostalgia. One friend suggested that I keep the china hutch as a Christmas hutch because it looks so good. Actually, I might leave it a while, but I don't think I'd want it year-round. Wouldn't have any freshness to it for December.

Afterward, HRH and I worked on cards. I have about half that I could take to PO now, but I'm tired and the traffic will be at its worst. Just can't work up the enthusiasm, so I think I'll do all tomorrow.

Ddil locked herself out of the house, especially problematic since that's where she works! Thankfully, she searched (her memory) and found the hideaway key's hiding spot, untouched since they built! I invited her to sit here with me out of the cold, but she would have, of course, been miserable and worried until she thought of some solution.

I've decided on a fruit tray to take to her house for our family get-together. I'll probably knock myself out with fancy cutting, exotic fruit from nice market. One of our friends today said just go get quick grocery store tray, which is a wise answer, too, but I want to have the grands wondering what on earth we're eating, lol. 2 of them will eat most things we assure them are good, the rest are quite suspicious.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:11 pm

I used to have a key for the neighbors place they came quite a bit for it. Then said I had an outside key hidden and they did that too.
Solved the problem.

Grateful for power, there is an outage in my town in the other area so glad I did my stuff this morning.
Got a stack of knit & crochet craft type books down stairs that I want to keep.,
Walked ddoggo around the block poop walk done.
Got my steps in for today as well.

Brought up old journals to go through. :idea: I have freed up space for the books I want to keep now yea!
Had my lunch too.
Tried on pj pants got red & green ones could not decide so got both.
I looked at sweats in ladies dept. but they were flimsy more like tee shirt fabric so I went to men's wear and found these they have pocket too.
I will probably have to cut em off and hem them but that is not a problem for me.
Update:
Dd & workers just left with her desk. & a book :mrgreen:
I moved my rolling cart desk into that spot.
Yea for progress!
Next round of musical desks nope did not like that configuration so....
I unloaded and moved the other desk in the spare room I like it much better.
Before there was not a chair just a stool in there.
I push the rolling cart back in to the butterfly room.
It would have went much better if I'd put the easy slide roll thing down first!
Now my butterfly room is a fright that can be done in rounds. There was stuff on the desk I did not want in the spare room.
Okay I have it situated good enough for now had to move the carpet protector thing got the other desk moved, and the lamp,
my cup of pens etc. & vacuumed that room. More to do but got my step in so will have a place to work on in the morning.
Last round. today.
So I moved the small sorting table and two basket for that later on.
Just remembered.
I did this so I could move the table I'm using for a work space it is facing the window and the sun glare is a challenge mid day. So I'm NOT done only about half way.
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:02 pm

I've been packing 2 suitcases and putting stuff away in the library. We aren't going to recognize this house when we come home. My desk is (almost) clear. All kinds of stuff is stashed. Dh and I were having a discussion and we both agree that we trust the cat sitter, but not dh's customer who gave us her number. We both think he'll come over when she comes to feed the cat and he might walk through the house and try to find out stuff that isn't truly any of his business. He is the reason I've been dealing with getting my desk clear and paperwork done.

We have planned to go out for Saturday night, but not tomorrow night. I need to keep on top of the dishes. Now I need to do tonight's before I go to bed. Fingers crossed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:27 pm

I hit a wall with card chores and took a break but am headed back to that for a while before bed.

We had cauliflower mac and cheese with plenty of added broccoli. HRH basically just took the broccoli and added that to his potatoes, lol. He is unconvinced about the mac and cheese.

Tomorrow morning he has an appt and I guess I'll go along. If he doesn't really care, I may stay home and get something done.

We've been waiting all day on a delivery and it bothers me that I saw a van pull up here, turn around near my car and leave. One item should not be left out in the freezing temps. It keeps saying it's out for delivery. Hmmm... ..

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:41 pm

Harriet: I answered in J&C. Don't get burned when you read it, I was boiling hot when I wrote it.

Dgs slept for over 2.5 hours. And still went down for bedtime at 8. Although I'm still hearing him from time to time, he hasn't got up and opened his door (there's a baby gate to stop him from escaping fully.)

He had lots of energy for 3.5 hours so I'm tired.

I have an email to write and send but got distracted by an email saying our residents' association banking password has been changed. I'm not exactly sure how much I need to panic over this. No word back from the treasurer as to whether she instigated the change or not. Online access doesn't really do much, all anyone can do is see the bank transactions. We require two signatures for anything, so payments can't be made from the bank account, thus no money could be transferred out.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:03 am

I updated the J&C re: dh's appointment. Short story -- very frustrating, learned nothing, dh more nervous now than before.

Afterwards, we came home and I slept for a while. Dh too "keyed up" to sleep.

We did go to dgd's first basketball game. This is 8-and-under league. DGD's team won -- 7-4. Eight year old girls are NOT high scorers. :lol: :lol:

Last night, I got all my presents wrapped that have been bought so far. Still waiting on a few items, which should arrive tomorrow, and will fill in gifts with $$$. Dneice who has to fly from TX will appreciate less baggage, and some are just hard to buy for so money is a good solution. Everyone has something to open, however, besides cold hard cash.

I still have not touched ANY of the WHB chores.
I wish I could follow that planner like you, Rose, but I just can't seem to do it.

Oh -- at our children's program last night, dgd sang until she noticed dh watching her. Then she barely opened her mouth. Once she was in her position, behind the manger & Joseph & Mary, she sang again with the closing chorus songs -- she wasn't as close to us anymore, so wasn't so bashful!
DGS loves a microphone. :oops: :lol: He sang out loudly on all parts, his solos and the group songs.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”