Five Jive Thrive Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Five Jive Thrive Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 14, 2023 9:37 am

Five Jive Thrive was a workout routine where dtrainer had me do five cardio segments, so I'm adapting it for our theme today! Choose five things to make happen today, do some jiving dance steps along the way, and thrive with the knowledge that you're setting goals, meeting them, and having a little dance party for fun.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Five Jive Thrive Thursday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:38 am

Twins - I love the FJT theme for today. My favorite part is having a fun dance party. It makes a great reward.

DD12 has been delivered to school to finish up her final few school hours of 2023. DS15 has his final 8 assignments to do for this last day of homeschool. Just a few more hours and then Christmas break will begin!

I'm not sure if I am in a slum or just overwhelmed. I need to return to what works for me. Just focus on one hour at a time. I can do the next right things until TOTH.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:54 am

And five for me:

-go purchase pansies
-get ingredients for and prep Mediterranean dip and pita to take to A & V's tonight
-15 min session declutter/straighten up in my upstairs room
-call about getting replacement supplies for CPAP (has been on to do for weeks
-call for mammogram appointment

Two of these are DPCs that have been OMM for weeks or months. I need to pull my DAR supplemental back out and make corrections and get it together for the registrar but that's not today. And I needur to do my usual stuff, walking, getting in steps, etc.

Dtrainer is sick - texted that she had to cancel for today. I knew that already because dh was her 7 a.m. appt and she got there, sick and masked, and went back home at other trainer's direction. So I'm not working out today. (Yes, I could go there anyway and workout on my own and use all the equipment etc. but I won't.)

Yesterday I ended up taking a nap. It was wonderful and I felt warm and rested.

Winter solstice talk: I look at this site every year around this time: https://www.timeanddate.com/astronomy/usa and go to my city for the detail info. (You can go to "See the entire month" for day to day changes.) The daylight becomes longer on the 23rd but it's by a very tiny amount but the speed of the increased day length increases as we approach spring and summer. We face due west with a very wide view - not 180 degrees but pretty significant - so I love seeing the sun move from south back to north. The windows that we put in 2.5 years ago face south, up high, and bring in light in the winter.

More stamping talk: (I am long-winded this morning!) I have enough Christmas/holiday cards to have one left over. I only need 10 - for relatives, a couple of other people, dtrainers, hairdresser, massage therapist, etc. Yesterday I stamped an Hanukkah image but petered out (took a nap) before I got any further. Will try to finish that up at some point, and I have a couple more Holiday ideas so may make more of those cards. Felt like I was just getting somewhere in terms of creativity when I had enough!

LadyM, I've been in a slump too. Somehow looking forward to the longer days helps me. And I bet the relaxed routines of Christmas break are good for you.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 14, 2023 11:18 am

I've finished up several cards and then took myself outside as a reward to finish up the minutes before TOTH.

I could focus on all the things that don't bring me joy or turn my thoughts and actions toward the things that do bring me joy. For the next hour I'm going to ignore the frustrations and turn my mind to joyful things. If you enjoy reading the Bible, I'm working on memorizing Philippians 4:8
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:22 pm

LM our pastor just finished a series on that.
I slept in till 6:30. So am a bit slower today on my a.m. stuff.
coffee & qt is what I did first
then cleared off a desk that dd had stored temp here.
Next rest of my Rx & bfast think on my meals.
I need to deal with 5 things at a time that were on the desk mostly books in the shelf part.
Thanks for that insp.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:30 pm

Just saying hi! for now.

Our babysitting with dgs is starting 16 hours early (!) so that bumps it into today as opposed to tomorrow morning.

This saves him from having to wake up at 5:30 tomorrow and us to be on our way to get him from the hospital parking lot at 6:30. So win-win. Except I had an important meeting this morning, a hair cut this afternoon, and was planning to get the spare room made up and the place childproofed after my hair cut. And I had writing to do this evening. Sigh....

Poof!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:10 pm

Hi …

I spent my morning driving Sweetie to his sleep dr appointment which is. 45 minute drive away

Then we stopped at T-jays and the dollar store on our way home. I am finishing my lunch and then it’s..

Laundry
Wrapping presents
And
Addressing my Christmas cards. I have close to fifty to do.. relatives and friends. That’s what happens when you’ve live all over the country in your life time

It’s my dgd’s Christmas program tonight. Question is will she or will she not sing when her group gets on the stage :D.

Waving to y’all… see y’all later
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 14, 2023 1:46 pm

Hi!

I have done at least 5 so far.

Compost and recycling went out before 7:30.

I burned 5 leaf bags full of paperwork.

We moved my car out of garage where it has been since Monday night.

We brought in the suitcases. Man, were they ever dusty!! :shock: All 3 cats gave them a good sniff!! :lol:

I mopped the bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom.

I went to the landfill and the bank and the grocery store. Dh went to Walmart and bought himself a new pair of white running shoes.

We are having ribs for supper.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 14, 2023 3:04 pm

I went out and got the pansies (nursery across town) and stopped at grocery for what I need to make the dip. I'll go ahead now and get that done. So I've done three, and once the dip is ready that will be four. That leaves 15 minutes upstairs. I hope I can get to it. I need to s2s later and also should go back out to pick up CPAP stuff today.

Feeling somewhat energetic.

------

Later, energy gone! I made dip and sat down and it seeped out. I'm going to leave the mess on the counter and go on out to get CPAP stuff.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:06 pm

I did errands today instead of tomorrow figured it would be less busy.
Loaded and dropped off book & journals at the donations center.
Went to JoAnn's got the planner & journal for projects and use later.
Picked up my Rx
Store run for food is done yea!
Got my rig unloaded and put most of my items.

It is great to see the progress you all are making.

Return to “Post When You Can”