Fabulous Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Fabulous Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:06 am

What do you need to do to make today FABULOUS? Figure it out, and let's go!

Could be self-care. Could be doing nothing. Could be pedal-to-the-metal all the way get it done! Or a combination. The day is yours!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Re: Fabulous Friday PWYC

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:22 am

Hi!

Thanks for starting us today Twins' Mom!

I didn't do any dishes last night. Right now there is a sink full waiting to go into the dishwasher. There are also 3 pots/pans that don't go into the dishwasher.

Slowly working away at clearing things up and putting stuff away.

No idea what we are having for supper tonight.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

)

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:48 am

i need a mix of different things today. I was pretty successful yesterday with getting those five done. Today, after 11K steps yesterday, my back is a little sore, so I'm not going to over do it. I already did self-care by sleeping in.

Some thoughts:
-stamping - finish up a Hanukkah card at least (now that it's over!)
-upstairs clean up, straighten up, purge
-some house spiffing
---change sheets
---wash blanket
---get out new Roomba and give it a whirl

Dh decided (without input) on a Roomba for us for "gifts." I've been paralyzed about a decision, not knowing if it will handle our rugs, our house, our dog. And likewise, whether the dog can handle the Roomba. So he brought one home - with lots of bells and whistles - last weekend from Costco.

A couple of nice-to-dos:
-clean up garage, sweep, put away the seasonal decorations
-pansies
-get back on DAR supplemental application: make corrections, assemble supporting papers
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:18 am

Thanks for the great start today TwinsM!
I was up on time today 5:15 ish
had a great qt & journaling session & put a few things away in the butterfly room progress is good.
Dining table got dealt with just before i turned in last night.
I put the dishes away.
The sunrise is fabulous this morning!
bfast x
Clean sheets on
Vac bedroom x
another round in butterfly room done.
Rbr underway and pupa
Folded dog towels
sheets in the dryer
washer has duds going in it now.
debone chicken X
Start soup it is cooling to freeze up for later to have dumplings with.
More clothes done & going folding this next load.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:27 am

Good morning

Today is day #1 of 18 day Christmas break. Alarms are off and I'm welcoming the slide into a change of having different focus for the next few days.

I am enjoying the feel-good feedback I receive from getting cards done with each hourly focus. The stress is low, things are getting accomplished and I get to relax with rewards frequently. Win - Win - Win

I'm having some routine heart testing done this morning. I don't remember what all the tests they are doing but I do remember they are not invasive. I'm thinking it is ekg and heart/artery ultrasounds. I'll just show up and let them do their thing. I'll go next Friday to get the results. I don't expect to hear anything surprising.

DH and I are taking this opportunity to go out to eat as a couple after the medical tests. I have 4 places that I enjoy eating out and we will go to one of them. This restaurant focuses on breakfast and you can watch them cook the food.

Cathy - I would love to hear about your upcoming travels as much as you are comfortable sharing.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:01 pm

I like your attitude d twins! Making the day fabulous sounds perfect!!!

saying hello to everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:46 pm

LadyM I posted in MO.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:06 pm

brought mom brunch, gave her her morning meds, she forgot her meds last night but she ate everything I had there for her. she is very good spirits! Much better than yesterday!

onion soup and salad for lunch

saying a prayer for focus! I have been struggling with that.

hello d lady glad the cards are giving you focus and accomplishment!
good luck on the ultrasound

hi d Nancy yay on your work!!!
enjoy your soup

hi d twins. yay on card
cheering you on through your work!

hi d cathy again enjoy your trip! you will be missed!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:14 pm

Twins, just make sure there is no possibility of a a doggie "accident" in range of the Roomba! I've seen horrible FB videos where that happened!
Since I have no pets, I think I would love a Roomba -- if it could handle the back and forth from carpet, hardwood, vinyl, rugs. Let us know how it goes!

Mmmm... I love onion soup, blessed!

Enjoy your outing, LadyM -- and I'm saying a prayer that all goes well with your tests.

Nancy -- wow -- you've been busy! WTG!

Cathy, I think your trip is just the thing for you and dh. I hope you have a wonderful time!

Like blessed, I need some focus around here.
I've been to the post office, and the last of my gifts have arrived, so I MUST wrap those before going to pick up dgd in a hour or so.
I also called the doctor's office back, and they did agree to let dh speak to the actual doctor before the scheduled procedure in January. So he now has an appt for Dec. 27. You can see last night's J&C to see how frantic he has been since we left the doctor's office yesterday.
I need to spiff the house, too, Twins. My goodness, NOTHING has been done this week, between THREE appts for dh, and the worry/trying to calm him down in between.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:41 pm

waiting for my peach tea to have with a bit of blueberry scone (which I bought yesterday).
mom and dd older are enjoying time together - dd older is doing laundry at mom's house. Mom's mood is great compared to yesterday -just a stinker at the same time being funny/endearing at times. it's hard getting older where you aren't allowed to drive, someone else does your meds or climb high ladders even if you feel capable.

I am thoroughly enjoying my time. dh took his car out for the first time in 2 weeks - he has been using mine as I drive d mom's bc it is easy to use. I keep telling mom that I am "driving Ms. Daisy" but use her name.
worked on laundry room. separated laundry, put new easy lids on 5 gallon food safe buckets (I have 3). filled dog food. played a bit with dogs.

My hope tomorrow is that they install our new washing machine! I am ready.

next:
put away
exercise
pay bills

Return to “Post When You Can”