Fabulous Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Fabulous Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:49 pm

hello d Lucy! happy spiffy-ing!!!!

hello everyone.

dd younger is taking my mom's Florida car into the shop. Mom likes the idea that she has a car there. dd older and dd younger drive mom around in her car. dd younger has a truck that mom struggles with.

waving to you all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:52 pm

Yes, I've heard of that Lucylee! I think Millie has had one accident since she's lived here so I think we're safe for now. But I haven't done the unboxing anyway.

Dh is wanting to build a fire tonight and invite neighbors over. I think it's too cold - temp will be 53 at six p.m. but drop into the forties by seven p.m. So we'll see. :roll: He's just starved to be around people. :?

I finished Hanukkah card and made a pretty Christmas card using a card someone else had made as a template. It feels fancy but requires a stamp that is tall and narrow so it doesn't work for many stamps. Today's mail brought a replacement Versamark stamp so I embossed the sentiment in gold.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:01 pm

I am glad you got your stamp pad in d twins!

dd older found a bunch of old 1937/1941 documents from her and her brothers birth and baptism.
so cool. we now have a picture of mom's home she was born in (from dd Youngers research and today we found verification to the address and date/time). so cool.

hope mom doesn't toss it out our cut it up by accident or thinking she was ready to get rid of it.
praying it stays intact

I have had a lovely lovely day to myself. proud of the things I have done.
next I want to finish the christmas cards so that I can get them out on Monday!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:22 pm

CI -
I rested and then got back to my tasks, put away more clothes.
Dealt with papers on the rolling card desk so it's cleared off again for now.
Did up the dishes and put them away.
Changed shirts.

Christmas lites ore on.
Got the back yard picked up today too.
I have beg. thawed out to go with food this weekend.
Put fresh towels up.
Updated my planner done list.

had dinner & enjoyed some down time I needed it.
I finished a section of the current hot pad I'm doing cmas is on 21st for the place I was going to take em so have less days to finish it.
Had dinner & washed up my dishes.
s2slippers done.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 15, 2023 8:38 pm

I had three heart tests this morning one after another. It was about as easy as it can be.

After we finished eating, we went on a small shopping adventure. I needed some more bags of pine shavings for the garden. I am adding one 40lb bag of wood shavings to each raised bed. I have researched several online gardener recommendations and although there are plenty of people who recommend against doing it, I decided that I am going all in on this experiment. I hope I don't regret this decision!

AFter we arrived home I didn't get started again with my hourly focus. Looking back over the past several hours the time just seemed to evaporate. I am not sure what I did.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:13 am

LadyM, I'm glad it was an easy appt.

Best wishes with the Roomba, Twins'!

At a stopping place with cards, so pausing and will circle back to that later.

I took the bulk of all that to P.O., couldn't fit cards into either outdoor box from which outgoing mail was already about to fall, circled P.O., finally found parking space, went inside easily, done.

Back home, dstepson arrived to replace corner trim on building so I "helped" him (virtually did nothing except remember measurements until he got cuts done). It looks very neat.

He has a different idea for us, to actually hire the painting done. He says there are different surface materials and a pro might avoid some problems. I don't know what I think of that. I've never even considered anyone except us, maybe the children, doing it. Everything has cost more than we expected already. I thought some of the children might think of it as adventure. Hmmm.... ..

Started wrapping but honestly haven't gotten very far. I need to pick up the pace if I'm going to get through the stack.

That package did turn out to be delayed. for three days. Sigh. I actually waited up for it because it kept saying it would be arriving. Worried about the one item that shouldn't freeze. But also, there was some flat wrapping paper, and knowing I don't have that to choose from is bugging me and affecting which gifts I wrap. :x

HRH had a very bad morning. He felt ignored as he waited in waiting room and the time went past what he felt was at all reasonable. He had gone to the appt alone, so I wasn't there to get his mind off it and urge him to give more time. He walked out. :shock: Yes, he actually did. Oh, brother. They called the house just about the time he was driving in. Said he had checked in, but they couldn't find him (so thank goodness he came straight home, or I'd really have worried). All I could think to say was, maybe he didn't feel well, and I'd suggest he call them later. I'm not sorry I suggested that maybe he didn't feel well. They do need to consider that, and whether it's okay to leave patients alone so long without explanation. They are patients there about their health, not clients at some tax office or DMV, and they may need to be checked on.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:17 am

Do you mean HRH was already in the examination room and left alone that long, Harriet?
I totally understand! Dh waited over 45 minutes, just him and me, after nurse took his bp and ekg at heart doctor once. We should have left!
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:42 pm

I am so sorry that happened d harriet! it's happened a lot with dh. I am sure it is bc of double booking.

Return to “Post When You Can”