Sunny Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Sunny Saturday

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:24 pm

I'm electing to stay home - at least in the daytime. I told dfriend V that I'm hibernating these days. DH may be going with them this afternoon for a ride - I have no interest in riding in a car or where they are going. I think we're going to go to a new restaurant near their house when it begins serving at 5 p.m. for supper, then go see drive through holiday lights.

I have a bit of a headache from last night's around the fire consumption. We had a neighbor couple come over, and the guy next door and their 10 year old dd. (The mom was busy - but in fairness she has a hopefully transient hearing difficulty that may limit her socializing.) The dd entertained dMillie - I think ddog was exhausted but so happy with all the attention.

I got the Roomba out and am stymied in figuring out where it should port. Needs to be out of the way but free of obstacles. Right now I'm named it Mildred but I'm thinking that perhaps it's male, not female? It's set up on my phone and ready to go once it charges a bit more, and I decide where it will live.

I'm heading upstairs to stamp a bit again. I've finally "caught fire" and dh has taken a couple of my cards for his use, so I'll make more.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:59 pm

I have found a kindred spirit in a young woman called Jess of Roots and refuge. She brings me back, over and over again, of my why of being a homemaker and a gardener.

Today I listened to her podcast from a couple days ago: "Creating holiday traditions". I found myself looking back on why and how I started my own traditions with my family; what worked and what didn't. Coming from the Martha Stewart influence, I tried everything until I whittled down to what gave my family joy.

how about you?
who influenced your traditions?
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:00 pm

well the weather here is stormy and expected to get worse this evening. i have nothing important planned so I'm OK with it

Thursday after wrapping all my presents, my hand began to really hurt. Seems it carpel tunnel which I neverhad before. Yesterday was spent wrapped, iced, aleve and rest. slept with it wrapped as wel.

I am very left-handed at the moment any typing with it. Right hand hurts too much so I am letting it rest. I have 4 very important Christmas cards to write, but the rest will have to wait.
BTW... Lucylee< I love my planner althoughI can only do the minimum of a few chores. But I did vacuum left handed to day. My bed is sort of made and all of my morning routines are done...same with last nights

Wavimg to yall :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:09 pm

pure rain right now!

hi d rose, d lady, d twins, and everyone!

I have decided to finish my holiday cards.

we have a washing machine again!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:56 pm

finished most of my Christmas/holiday cards - I thought I had enough but I have to get 10 more.
Stamps are on them as well; ready to go.
mom danced to Alsatian music with my older dd - very sweet!
dd older is now cleaning the family room with d mom.

now to put away the stamps etc.
clean off the kitchen table
fold laundry and put away - it's so nice to have a washer again.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:07 pm

I have done my steps for the day after walking with ddoggo & then picked up the back yard & walked to both corners after that to get the rest of the steps I needed. We have sunshine now!

I used the watch her bw2 fell out of the habit when she stopped posting as much last year when she had issues of some sort and stopped
doing as many yt vids.

I got the kit & dining rm swept & mopped this a . m . :mrgreen:
------
Finished my show.
Dises are ready to put away got em washed.
Soaked my feet :mrgreen: Happy Feet.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:58 pm

Dishwasher is empty and absolutely all dishes are done.

Dryer is empty and absolutely all clean clothes are put away. There isn't even a laundry mountain on the dresser! :shock:

As soon as dh finishes his orange, I will wipe the island.

I burned the cardboard today, so all burnables are done! Almost all the garbage is outside in the garbage cans.

There is no snow on the ground, so my fingers are crossed for no snow in the morning.

Now I just need to write a letter for the cat sitter.

I think I almost met my 6 p.m. deadline. There is still some stuff out in the library.

Have a good week, try not to stress too much. I will wave as we fly over. As far as I can remember, the planes go over Charleston, S.C. and then continue south over the ocean.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:59 pm

Lots of progress made today.

I showered.

We got out to the grocery store between 12 and 1 and had our choice of parking spots and when we were done we walked up to the checkout lane and immediately started unloading groceries onto the belt.

Unfortunately, I needed things from other stores. First store was a complete bust. Dang border right next to me! Flipp, the shopping app showed me all kinds of specials, none of which are available at our local store, they are for the store across the river in Quebec. Sigh.... distressingly, I have no ground pork. I failed to buy it on sale and will not pay $6+ dollars a pound when it is on sale for $3.44 a pound so close. On the other hand, I don't feel like driving over there (different traffic laws and they target our province's cars, for instance for not having an up to date sticker on it - but we aren't required to have a sticker any more.) There was another grocery store, but neither of those two stores were really busy, then the bulk food store which was packed. As in, can't get down the aisle, even without a cart or basket (they have tiny carts or baskets you pull behind you like a suitcase.)

The dh picked up cash for tips at the bank and we headed off to get the car washed and home.

I got the groceries put away and talked for over an hour with my sister on the phone. I managed to rest a bit, and then get all the toys put away.

Dinner ended up being just a PB&Banana sandwich and lots of cut veggies. Then I started in on the baking. I made a batch of nuts and bolts for dh and a batch of fudge brownies for me to take tomorrow to the party. I have all the ingredients ready to start the mulled juice in the morning.

I just tasted a brownie and it might have too much salt in it. I used kosher as it called for but I can't decide if the strong taste in some bites is distracting or not.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:43 pm

((Ramblin')), I'm so sorry that it is painful for you. Hoping this is transient - I'm afraid I don't know much about it.

blessed, a relief to get a washing machine installed and ready to be a help to you.

Nancy, you found a bed surface! They are always so nice to get to see again. :)

Twins', yes maybe it is a boy Roomba. Does it look like a boy or a girl? :| Turn it over - sometimes you can tell that way. :| Envision yourself calling out to your faithful butler - what do you call him? There are sites for choosing butler names, believe it or not.

Dd25 insisted on getting the (potential) quilt rack up today. She had me so nervous - it is both tedious and cumbersome and her Dad was on a conference call and couldn't come right then. She was bumping around. Tobias was appalled. At one point she said, "There's (dstepson) outside", but I thought she was teasing, and all the bumping was her. Yipes, there he was at the door/window, wondering what on earth we were doing. We hadn't known, but he had been outside installing a rail for the little building's steps. He came in, got drafted into helping in order to save my sanity, and ultimately, between the 3 of us, it is up. It looks ... .. utilitarian. But then, the eventual quilts will mostly hide it, if it works.

Return to “Post When You Can”