Sunny Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Sunny Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2023 9:57 am

Do you have sun shining outside, or are you going to have to manufacture it yourself?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Sunny Saturday

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:03 am

I have sunshine. Plus I did 40 minutes of SAD light therapy.

Time to shower now (it has been a long time due to dgs' stay plus my hair was washed at the salon so didn't need doing.)

I'm overwhelmed. There is no other word for it.

Still have not bought ANY gifts for dd's kids. There's a recommendation from dd for dgd but it is an hour away and not in any direction that I can combine it with something else.

We messed up yesterday and didn't return the babygate ds brought. I wasn't there when he set everything up and so didn't know it was to be returned. They desperately need it to keep him from escaping while they are still asleep in the morning, so once they confirmed we still had it, I had to recommend they go to Walmart and buy another and bill it to me. I have no idea how much they are but that saves me a 2 hour drive (in the opposite direction of the gift for dgd.)

And we have the residents' party tomorrow and I'm bringing things for that for which the ingredients haven't been bought let alone made.

Then there is more church upset AND finishing the email stuff for the elderly friend and passing it over to the daughter.

*Poof*

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:19 am

Lost a post oops...
When I left the site & headed out to find files for a Jan. project that was successful yea!
Wrote down the keys to get back to it and the verses for that.
Qt is done.
Notes on the readings on paper.
Bujo written out.
Up before day lite no idea if it will be sunny clouds in our forecast I believe.
Had my bfast.
Now to do a couple of things in the bed rooms pupa.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 16, 2023 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:29 am

Good morning

We have sunshine! It always brightens my mood especially when the weather gets cooler.

I am doing hourly focus with SHE cards because that is what works for me.
1st hour (6-7) had 5 cards completed
2nd hour (7-8am) had 10 cards completed

Today is day 2 of 18 Christmas break. 11% of it when i think in percentages. Nothing is on the calendar and DS15 isn't working. This is rare! This would be a good day for an adventure. Which direction should we go?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:28 am

Hi!

It's overcast here.

I've repacked both suitcases and put all the clothes in. One case has been weighed and it's at 22 pounds, so I'm going to lock it and weigh the other case.

My desk is completely clear, but only because I moved everything to the table in the library. The library is a mess!! I've also cleared the island. All of those books are now in the library but not on any shelves. It's all non fiction. I just need to figure out where to put them or if I even need to have them.

Supper tonight? No idea.

There are a few dishes to be done. There is also a full load in the washing machine. I'm waiting for dh to take off the pants he is wearing, so I can do this load.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:05 pm

I think there is some sunshine, but it's hazy today. Not really bright. But not raining! Rains tomorrow, I've heard.

Dd25 had her company party yesterday, at a venue her boss rented a few towns away. Dd stayed until midnight helping clean up. She says most was lovely, but she stole away to crochet for a while (smile - she is allergic to a lot of peopleing like her parents). The President of the company chewed out the IT guy in the next room with the door open, and some couldn't help but overhear. That shook her up somewhat. He and her boss complimented dd on her voice of all things (she has done some narration for website), but then said they wanted to use it for AI voice for the company. I told her no, no, no, no, no. Was I right?

Dd43's family is away at their in-law family's get-together until Sunday evening. I sent their other grandmother's card with them yesterday. I regretted not having enough time to really look at their decorations while I was at their house so briefly. DangerBoy had sanded and repainted a miniature Nativity for his mother and the photo had looked wonderful, but I didn't have time to get the tour and see it up close. They were in a big rush and in fact dd was in shower at that moment.

No, HRH was never taken to examination room. I don't know everything that was going on to convince him so completely that he was ignored, but I get the impression he asked why so long and felt rebuffed. He talked more about it to dstepson than to me, and I may be better off, lol. He has not chosen to call back. This is not our General Practitioner.

I am amused at myself and my reaction to the lost package of wrapping paper. It is oddly paralyzing to me. :shock: I have other wrappings, but somewhere in my perfectionist brain, there's a voice saying that if I wrap in old paper and then the new arrives, I'll be terribly disappointed when I see how much better to have had the new paper among my choices. I spent too much money on it, for one thing. In opposition to my usual cheap nature, I bought Hallmark that I thought looked especially merry, Christmasy. And now it's lost, just days before most will be opened. Sigh.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:49 pm

d harriet - I totally understand the paralyzing nature of loosing the wrapping paper you had planned to use!

thank you d Kathryn for starting us! praying the overwhelm feeling disappears! Ama son may be not something I am thrilled about but with the kids gifts I have the family give me the kids link list. It's fast and I can get exactly what the kids want. Maybe your daughter can help as well.

hi d Nancy so sorry you lost a post!
yay on thinking of January.

hi d lady! yay on cards!!!
I can't wait to hear what you all are going to do!

hi d cathy it's overcast too - raining here.
yay on how clear your desk is!

hello dear everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:53 pm

dd older brought d mom over last night after all. She stayed for a couple hours.
I took her home at 8 pm.
I will call her soon and see if she took her meds and ate the breakfast I left yesterday.

I have our new washing machine coming in from noon to three pm. yay!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 16, 2023 12:59 pm

Using ingredients, I had on hand I made a mock lasagna. The most visual ingredient missing is the lasagna noodles. I didn't have any so i substituted other pasta (elbow shaped). The dish tastes very good but the visual makes it more like a casserole instead of lasagna. The end result is a success because we have plenty of tasty food ready to eat.

The reaction I received from family members when discussing plans for the day lead me to veto going on a family adventure. Everyone else requested to stay at home and do things they are interested in. DD12 always prefers to stay at home. DS15 and friends have been researching (watching utube) replacing parts on their vehicles and their excitement level is high at the thought of doing these projects. DH initially said today was a rare opportunity to stay at home. However, when he heard that I was thinking about going on an adventure he volunteered to go with me. Although he is willing it isn't the same as the desire to go. ALL THIS TO SAY....we will probably hang around the mile surrounding our home today.

DH had gone to a local barber shop to get his monthly haircut. The 10-minute haircut will probably take an hour because of the visiting that goes on with barbers and customers.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 16, 2023 2:02 pm

I am glad to be home today doing rounds after my 20 min. ish session of a show and I have ....
wait for it .... drum roll.... /**\ the spare bed cleaned off now! We-HOO! Quite noticeable progress.
I keep telling my self just one thing at a time or one basket or container.

I found earrings to go together as a pr. and now I can donate them as they did not really work for me.
So I'll tape them to a card or something.
Had some veg. with my eggs & toast that was tasty.
I hear the gees over head now.
I still have some out of season things to try to find a closet or some place until I undecorate those to take down for the
storage tote area.
Glad my knee is better today.
Over did it on one of my ten th. step days.

I worked up ore on a hot pad had to change colors as I ran out it is over 75% done now too yea!

I have more paperwork to decide what to do with but it is in the room to do later not doing that room today,
even thou I used did that one last week it needs more attn. but I need to think on what and where I"m going to do that.
I have meals planned out for today hoping everyone has a great day too!

Return to “Post When You Can”