Sunday Sleigh Ride & Friends Are Calling, "Yoo Hoo!"

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Sunday Sleigh Ride & Friends Are Calling, "Yoo Hoo!"

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:16 am

Calling out "Yoo Hoo!" to you as you are taking the road before you, hoping you'll be gliding along with a song.
Stay comfy cozy and snuggle up, but we do need to

Giddy Up, Giddy Up, Giddy Up, let's go!

LadyMaverick

Re: Sunday Sleigh Ride & Friends Are Calling, "Yoo Hoo!"

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 17, 2023 10:36 am

Good morning

After getting my first couple hours accomplished, I sidetracked a bit while finishing my cup of coffee. There was a video about 3x5 card system that I watched for inspiration and to get ideas to incorporate.

I also followed a rabbit trail of planner links. All the while I could hear the chant of Danger! Danger! in my head. I have tried all those daily paper planner systems and I have never managed to stay consistent with them. I have been consistently using my digital onenote journal system for over a decade so why do I still look at the paper planners? There is one planner system with daily pages that I have never tried but I am 99.9999% sure that I wouldn't consistently use it so why would I put myself through the effort of trying it?

I feel like there is extra time in my day. We have two hours less driving on Sundays without DS15 girlfriend. I suppose every change has positives.

Thinking of Cathy and DH as they are on their adventure.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:56 pm

Harriet thanks for the start this morning.
LM I watched that video last week when I cleaned my butterfly room now it needs it again after clearing out the spare room and shifting
the desk in there and I am in the process of cleaning it out totally. Ack!

Spare room got fall stuff removed and that tote is in the basement with the friendly other red and green ones.
I put the box for the creche & bag style large tote for Cmas in the place of the fall one.
Got out tins for holidays. Not sure what will go in em yet but they are ready!

I have a clear bag that bedding comes in for the warranties and paper work instruction manuals etc. that comes with stuff.
It is leaning up against the deck for those so I can clean out that drawer too. Not sure where they will go however.
Nore if I'lkl do it today but I am ready in any case.
I also got stuff out for bread making.

Carols and long winded missionaries getting on my nerves so skipping that this morning.
Did my journal qt and audio Bible reading segment closing in on day 105 this week.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sun Dec 17, 2023 12:57 pm

The village is very quiet this morning. It's rainy here, although tapering off. I walked dog in light rain, only one lap. Dh is going out soon to a drawing at which he has to be present to win. He's bowling now on Sunday nights too.

I need to s2s, get myself to the grocery, and start mushroom barley soup for tonight.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:39 pm

yoo hoo!!!!
I can hear the jingle bells on the horses as your sleigh rides by!!! waving hello!!! and Happy holidays!!!
thank you for the cheery start!!!

Happy Sunday!

hello d lady thank you for the link!
I have a planner that I like but I don't use it a lot of the time but I still have it. it makes me feel better. (like I am secretly productive) :lol:

hello d Nancy
Cheering you on as you work on that area too!!!
oh enjoy baking bread
my eldest is making sugar cookies with mom today - I don't like sugar cookies but dd loves to make them.

hello d twins - it's clouded over today as we had that rain you have now (yesterday)
your dh sounds like he adores people interaction - my youngest gains energy from other people (but still needs a bit of quiet after all the gatherings).
mushroom barley soup sounds wonderful!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:43 pm

Believe it or not I was out the door before 10 to head to Wally World. Very surprised at how unbusy it was.

Sweetie had to help checking out and bringing in groceries. Over worked my hand a bit but it couldn’t be help. Brace comes today meanwhile I have my hand wrapped with my kickboxing wrap

Cmas dinner has change again and we’re back to Turkey .. just gonna cook a breast. Most everything I am preparing with the exception of my green beans can be made ahead of time. I’ve invited my ddil’ father who has just moved here and his sister, who is in a wheel chair and lives at an assistant living facility to join us.

My ddil’s parents are divorced so her dad would not be invited to join her mom and moms partent to their Cmas Day celebration and I couldn’t stand the thought of my ddil’s father and Aunt sitting home alone at Cmas time.

Back to icing my hand… this sucks!!!
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:49 pm

Hello all!!!

my plans for today: winging it - dd older is bringing mom here to make Christmas cookies.
I want to go downstairs and see what I can straighten up. I couldn't find my battery operated candles or christmas cds.
This Christmas has been a nice long adventure. At first I panicked but with mom being here, dd younger being in town for a long time and my eldest taking on the christmas traditions and helping with work - has made the holiday last longer.

Having a washer is such a joy!!! I still have laundry to do. This machine ends with a little jingle ditty instead of the buzz to tell you the laundry is ready.

tomorrows hope
pick up dd older's present
pick up stocking stuffers
pick up dog/cat treats for the extended family dogs/cats

I have to plan the next week.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 1:55 pm

hello d rose yay on getting out the door nice and early!!!
how nice to invite them!!!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:37 pm

I luv it when the stores a quite early in the day too.
Dog up or down the street is barking.
I have bread in a wreath shape raising in the oven & cleaned up after that.
Rested a bit.
Next up unload the drawer in the desk while that is raising.
Desk is now unloaded and wiped out.
Found craft paint in the butterfly room it's going with the other paints.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 17, 2023 2:38 pm

Home from a much-treasured worship time with church family. DS15 continues to take care of nursery babies and toddlers during worship time. Now he has two of his friends that join him in the nursery. Three teenagers taking care of 5 littles this morning. We can watch them live through camera in the nursery and the nursery can watch the service on a big screen. Camera streams go in both directions. I always physically pop in to check on them a couple times. They do a fantastic job and are enjoying the experience.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Return to “Post When You Can”