Make your Magic Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Make your Magic Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:10 pm

I just came home from the gym. We didn't have a clear plan what time we would go today. The hours passed without going and then finally DS15 and I decided we would go at 6:30pm. I am surprised how much more I enjoyed exercising in the evenings instead of mornings. Mornings are my most productive hours with plenty of energy and when I am mentally sharper. Exercising in the evening means I am making better use of low productive time. Although it can't always be done in the evenings. DS15 has an 8am appt with personal trainer tomorrow so we will be back in the gym in about 12 hours. I am a bit shocked how much going to the gym has become a normal part of our daily routine.

Still no progress made on Christmas decorations or prep other than discussing with family. The kids want to pick out their own presents. They suggested waiting until after Christmas and then going to big city malls and spending a day shopping. They don't want to do it before Christmas because of planned activities they don't want to miss. Christmas Day is one week from today. We are running out of time to make things happen.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:13 pm

We're working on the Christmas newsletter. Thankfully, we have decided this is our last one so have announced it. Our first was 39 years ago and announced both dd's arrival and our new house. This one ends with ds's marriage. I'll miss doing it because it forces me to sit down and reflect on the year past and as a body of work the newsletters summarize our lives very nicely. I'm sad but relieved as this is a lot of work.

Dinner was a success although dh enjoyed it less than I did.

LadyM: One of my ministers had their big family dinner on Epiphany and that's when they exchanged the majority of gifts (they just did stockings on the 25th.) Aside from no rush combined with all the church services, it gave them a chance to shop at sale prices.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:35 pm

I brought up the smaller desk on wheels & am using it to sort stuff one drawerful of stuff about half sorted.
So when I'm done with this room again I'll be donating this desk I think. Was going to do it last year but never got it upstairs.
Doing the sorting during times outs and commercials.

I got two colors carded and spun up too that makes is more fun to rotate between the different tasks.
It is raining outside here now.
Got my steps in today yea!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:50 pm

Daunt went to the game with us! That was a surprise, and a treat, because I never get to see her enough. She is really special to me. She is the one that other daunt says is losing her memory, but she did not seem "off" at all to me tonight. Well, there was one thing. She did not "remember," that her newest great-grand was already here. She claimed she didn't know -- but I cannot believe they haven't told her! The baby is now one month old! I know she knows, but she may not have actually seen him. He spent the first week or so in NICU, so they may not have been having him out to visit a lot. She also repeats herself to some extent, but conversation with her was not difficult at all. She seemed to enjoy the game, and saw a lot of people she knows. (The game was at the school right across the road from her house.)
Anyway... both my aunts are so special to me, but this one has been my aunt since before I can remember. She was only 18 when I was born and I always spent a lot of time at her/my grandparents' house. When I was four, and she was dating my late uncle, they would take me lots of places with them. (He was my first "crush," LOL. I actually cried when they got married because I thought I was going to marry him. :lol: )
The other aunt married my uncle when I was about 7 years old and she/they also took up a lot of time with me. She's the one who took me roller skating and had my ears pierced for my 15th birthday. They have both always been a big part of my life.

ANYWAY... Our team won 6-2. :lol: Basketball is really difficult for 8 year olds. But LOL -- we watched the 4-6 year olds before our game and that was REALLY interesting.

Now, I have sheets in the dryer and a bed waiting to be re-made. DGS came home with us and is spending the night.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”