Make your Magic Monday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Make your Magic Monday PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:54 pm

Good morning

I enjoyed a good start to my day. I am currently on hour #5. Since I don't have school and homeschool taking up my time I have the pleasure of deciding how I will spend this extra time. I used some of it this morning to focus on me. I do so much better when i can plan and prep my meals. I become overwhelmed doing it when life is going full tilt and I just give up and focus on the family meals. I'm not sure how to balance the need to focus on myself and the family. I know all the sayings like "put your oxygen mask on first" and agree with it in theory, but it has been my experience that it is easily overcome by events.

I made 5 breakfast meals for myself. No one in the family likes what I eat for breakfast, so I only make individual servings for myself. i do better with grab-n-go type breakfast meal so that how I package it. This time I made breakfast mason jar containing Greek yogurt. whey protein powder and sweet potato.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:18 pm

flip flopped laundry
hung up laundry
emptied dw
dh went to store and mailed our holiday cards and picked up things for an appetizer-
folded blankets
dogs have been out and in all morning!!!

(dh's mom made this and I never thought it would be good but it is a staple in dh's family: budding corned beef - cream cheese block-dill pickles whole: take a pickle and surround it with cream cheese - about 1/8 " thick, and then take the thin slices of budding meat (not a natural thing in it) and wrap pickle - wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate, slice and lay on platter). Would I rather have a good healthy appetizer - yes!!! but they love this! I like it too. it's only once a year!
there are some dishes in the sink that need attention

Picking up mom at 11:45 - check Her meds/breakfast-lunch/errands - My eldest ideas were so minimal and very late to the table. My hope is to get dd older a wallet she liked.

waving to all.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:26 pm

I talked with my dsis. Wondered if it was a spur of the moment thing after shift and when I was asleep in bed l ready.
Got greeting cards loaded in a container to bag up later for donating & the other items are in the rig.
I've decided I'm going to be donating things kids said to hang on to that they have not picked up freeing up more space for me here.
So that will be in a load eventually a couple of hats. It is just time to let it go for them and me!
It feels more like the right time now.
Passenger part of the front of the is full of items to be donated now.
-------
I have a mini pizza in the oven now I've not had one of those in a lo-ong time.
Got a tote emptied out and now I have a spot for items I've sorted out of the butterfly room that feels productive.
Carded up a bit of wool and spun one hank of it.
That made me happy!
Walked a mi. doing even better now!
Had to google veg, to go with ch. & dumplings carrots, onion, & celery was a suggestion.
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:53 pm

We do have some magic going here in the form of the Roomba. It's worked on our bedroom and the hallway toward the garage and the kitchen table area and has returned to the MBR. It's emptied the dust and dog hair several times, lol. Ddog is not thrilled but seems resigned to this nuisance. It's on its third round of 45 minutes. After going under the bed and under some of my bedroom furniture I suspect bigger bin will need dumping soon.

------------

Later, Roomba is recharging and will resume its job.

I called and made a "call ahead" reservation for our dinner out. I brought back down several just made cards. And went back next door and let them out for a bit of fresh air. I'm not sure what time the teen gets home from school.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Mon Dec 18, 2023 5:30 pm

Dove, your house smells delightful! :D I will be baking on Thursday, I think.

We had a surprise visit and for the first 95 percent of it, it was just lovely. Appreciated it very much. Then it was ruined by ugly talk about, well, not really politics, but world events ugliness. I'm sure I was obvious in my disappointment, and I bristled against some of it. Afterward, HRH has been trying to put a better "face" on it and asking me if maybe it's just teasing, but if it's teasing it's never been funny. He saw how hard I worked to make things nice, and welcoming, so he's dropping the subject.

Printer emailed that he's finished with stickers sheets so maybe I'll go out.

Time passed, sigh
Didn't get to post this - yes, I did go out, taking the last few cards on my way. So, a few things off my mind. If I do want these stickers for tags, I've got them.

Actually, I'm going to sit and make a few tags of these on blank index cards, folded, and see what I think. :) He copied vintage stickers I inherited - probably 70 years old or older from "the dime store". I'm relatively sure they are at least that old because they are in some of my first memories, and wouldn't have been new when sold. This way I can hang on to them without hurting them or really using them up.

The Roomba emptied? As in Roomba did a thing by itself? Hmmm... .. either this technology has gotten better than when I first encountered one, or I'm misunderstanding.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:37 pm

Harriet, I like how you get to keep your old tags and use them too! In our family, dmil had made stockings with a Santa card as part of the decoration. When I needed to make one for dsil, ds suggested I scan dd's card and print them off on card stock. I've been doing that ever since.

It has been a hard day but I got the house blessing done. Slow work, I'm afraid but it was slow and steady so all that is left is to clean the bathrooms and a little bit of the kitchen tomorrow and dust the living room and office. Easy-peasy.

I also have to strip and wash all the linens on the spare bed before Friday. I will probably do that tomorrow. I'm also considering putting a comfortable chair in there so dsis can go off for privacy if she wants to be on her computer.

Hugs, Nancy, I'm sorry you go left out of something you really wanted to do.

It is dinner time. Pasta with meat sauce tonight. Not on our normal rotation so dh and I are both looking forward to it.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:09 pm

I've picked up back yard.
Paid a bill early bc it's due on Christmas day.
Shredder duty is done.
Bread is rising this loaf is for me.
Boiled up some eggs for my chicken salad sandwich.
Did a couple of rounds in the butterfly room yea! Some more done is better than none.
Bread & ch. salad was good yum!
Last edited by Nancy on Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

lucylee

Re: Make your Magic Monday PWYCq

Postby lucylee » Mon Dec 18, 2023 7:25 pm

I’m impressed with the Roomba too, Twins! So glad it’s working like it’s supposed to. So many things these days seem like they do not.

I guess I’ve had a magical day…
— Made plans with dmom for Christmas Day…

— Dh and I talked to NP from kidney doctor— the one we like. We had left a message with her after seeing the other one, at the urologist, whom we did NOT like. This one called us, said she had just got our message (had been out of the office) and she was very reassuring. We told her we knew she wouldn’t want to contradict the other office, but dh was just in a panic and needed to talk to someone.
She was just as we hoped and said she would “investigate” this a little more — she would get the urologist’s notes, and perhaps have the kidney doctor talk to him also. She said they were good friends.
She also said she could see how dh felt blindsided by all this and that when they did the ultrasound, they were aware of the stone, but they thought the kidney mass was much more important.
So, we’ll see how this goes, big at least dh was confirmed in his feeling that this was a lot to think about.

I have also been to the bank and got money in the right denominations for gifts,
Vacuumed up the decoration debris,
Put sheets in the washer,
Washed two more very small loads of laundry,
Called one of my teacher group ladies to make sure she knew about the funeral of another member’s husband tomorrow,
Got basketball ticket to friend,

And we are now delivering an item to daunt , before attending Dgd’s basketball game.

Whew.
Tomorrow is another day.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:22 pm

hello
we are home again, home again ,jiggety jig! (that would be funny to see)

did I smell some delicious food cooking, d dove!!!

hello d dove, d Nancy, d harriet, d Lucy, d twins, d lady, d rose and dear everyone!!!
-----------------------
came back to a bit of a cranky dh - he couldn't find his flashlight - it was in the drawer in the same area. it made him cranky bc someone cleaned up and put it in the drawer instead of leaving it out. - this is happening more and more as he ages.

finished and wrapped dd older's present - I had to go to oak brook to get it. I tried Woodfield first and nothing but it is neatly wrapped up.
mom was cheerier than yesterday. always good. :D

tomorrow errands and to do's include:

finish stocking stuffers:
dh needs box cutters
dd younger loves cute socks which are usually cheap.
dd older I have some make up. I am not a make up fan but she likes the natural look make up without the lack of make up ;)
d mom - vaseline intensive care travel she etc.
buy the xtra christmas cards. (there was a big accident so I couldn't drive there this evening)

make cookies for mom to bring to lunch at my uncles on Wednesday - my brother was invited too so he is taking her. mom will have a great time.
laundry
work upstairs

mom wanted to come here after dinner so she is watching her show.

sending you all a wonderful evening.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 8:24 pm

I am glad that at least 95% of the visit was good d Harriet

Return to “Post When You Can”