Tuesday PWYC Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday PWYC Ta Dah!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:37 am

Carve off a bit of the elephant and eat it in little pieces today if you're feeling overwhelmed. Each bit is a ta dah and they add up!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Tuesday PWYC Ta Dah!

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:01 am

My first ta dah is beating the garbage truck! I opened the garage door and took out the kitchen trash through the front door, dumped dog poop into kitchen garbage bag, when across to the garage, and took it all out. The truck is running so early these days! We must be at the beginning of the route.

I only have a workout today and pick up at Michaels on my planner for today. I'm enjoying the quieter days that come with not celebrating Christmas.

Harriet, in answer to your question yesterday, the Roomba base has an internal bag for dust and debris and the robot returns to the base when its own little receptacle is full, and it the debris gets vacuumed into the internal bag. The material says "Clean Base is designed to hold up to 60 days of dirt and debris." Of course, results may vary. And considering how dusty it has been under my bed and under the furniture in our bedroom, and how much dog hair is shed here, I'm surprised it's not full right now.

Ddog didn't eat supper last night and so far hasn't eaten today. I'm going to hold off vacuuming any for now. Dh worked out, and has been back through the house. I need to go next door and let those guys out and feed them. It's only 30 degrees (feels like 23) so they won't want to be out for long.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:07 am

I am up on time today ta daaa!
I have done qt & some journaling yea!
Got one thing out of the butterfly room I can use a wheel tote for yarn crafting I put my
wool and drip spindles & carders in it.

I set up the basket to sort next up on the small desk I brought up last night.
I'm doing rounds on the butterfly room zone this week.
Knee is better today yea!
We had rain last night.
My team won! :mrgreen:
-----
Did two rounds in the zone already yea!
Sunrise was interestingly lovely today with rain clouds in the mix.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:23 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:33 am

Oh, I get it, Twins'! I was seeing little metal arms coming out and getting a dustpan. :oops:

blessed, I have tried to keep that attitude of positivity about the visit. It is surprising how something like that can disturb a person's confidence in hosting, though. Thankfully, everyone else who has or who plans to visit with us will have good will in merry hearts.

The vintage stickers on plain cardstock, folded, have turned out very well. Even though I didn't even know these would be ready yet, I ended up making enough tags for this year's presents. Tying with thin red jute through a small hole-punch. Also made a large "sign" for the oil lamp on the bookcase with vintage lamp sticker, Psalm 119, "Thy Word is a Lamp Unto My Feet".

Kathryn, that was smart of ds to say just make a copy of the one that meant a lot to dd.

Nancy, that is a cheerful use for a tote on wheels.

Dd43 is considering going with me when I head to the big, big grocery. I don't know if she will, though, because she has already done all her baking. I think dd26's jealousy over not getting to go because of work might be affecting dd43, though. She wants to see if it's really as big and interesting as dd26 says.

I need to get busy on having trash ready and making some bows for packages.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 am

Good morning

I am home from three out-of-house trips. Two of the trips were to the gym (i had to make a second trip because I accidentally left my bag) and another trip to deliver DS15 to his work.

I ate before I left this morning and am about to eat my 2nd breakfast. I had yogurt/sweet potato early this morning and now DH is cooking multiple ingredient omelets. I am attempting to stop eating at 3pm so I need to get my meals in early. Somedays I do better than others with that effort.

Decisions. Decisions. Should I focus on deep cleaning the main refrigerator or start on Christmas decorations? Hum...
Decision made. DH is in the kitchen so I will join him there. Deep cleaning the refrigerator will be my next focus.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 19, 2023 12:17 pm

Ok, I'm still in my PJs.

But I have got some church work done. I'm a reader on Sunday morning and my part was unclear. (I'm doing the third reading, I'm not Reader 3.) And I've written and rewritten an email and participated in a discussion about whether worship committee should send it. The three of us left who are not staff seem to work very well together and I've had good input from the others and my mind changed on one item. This feels productive.

Off to the shower now.

I still haven't heard from the second hand seller of the gift idea for dgd so I think I will just head to the stores today and not come home until I have things purchased. My sister pointed on FB under my comment that I had nothing, that she has 3 things purchased. I pointed out she was coming to my house and be careful her gifts aren't stolen by me!

The Christmas newsletter is written. Dh is working on the photo collage now.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:23 pm

Breakfast was enjoyed and I am over halfway done with deep cleaning and organizing the main refrigerator. I needed to take a break to get some steps in so I could meet my hourly goal. Standing and working in the kitchen is a known DANGER ZONE for achieving hourly steps.
I am assigning different uses for some of the slide-out bins in the refrigerator. The cheese bin and the breakfast bin on the top shelf are working well so those will stay. The middle shelf bins have become a catch all so they are being assigned a purpose. One of the bins is now salad fixings and the other bin is fruits. I prefer to have fruit and vegetables at eye level rather than down in the pull-out vegetable drawers that are waist high. Out of sight in a drawer is not a good place for fruit/vegetables that I want to be eaten frequently.

So....now that I am not using the built-in pull out drawers for fruit and vegetables....what purpose can be assigned to them? hum....
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 1:27 pm

More ta dahs!

-fed and let next door dogs out (I'll give them more outdoor time when the temp warms up, although, only going to 44 today.)
-broke down two boxes and got them crammed into our recycle bin
-addressed and put postage on cards that will be mailed, wrote one note (going to ask dh if he wants to do some)
-walked the ddog one laps in the cold, she's out in our yard on her own for the moment
-checked bank balance, paid credit card
-remembered I need cash for two people (cleaning lady and hairdresser) and wrote ck to go to bank later
-sent text re: bonus checks from cemetery to two temple employees, who will meet me at temple to give them cks and when?
-some lollygagging
-lots of other smaller things

It's so cold I'd really rather not leave the house today to workout but I will.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:10 pm

dd dropped off dgd shoes & got her card & gift then dgd & her dad picked them up I to waved both rigs.
Brought the can back in from the street and put leaves to go next week.
Sun came out.
I spun up the wool I carded 4 hanks last night and got it wound into a ball.
Had lunch too.
Got out a couple more gifts dishcloths & hot pads.
So it's been an interesting morning.
Walked with ddoggo.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:20 pm

two finger Hello...

busy morning. Up and did routines...fun getting socks on with one hand and a finger. returned library books, stopped at dollar store, came home made lunch. recieved a message someone made charges on my CC so had to call the bank and settle that. it took time. managed to write and mail 3 cmas cards, then came back and printed my Cmas recipes.

I am cooking my turkey breast in my slow cooker. Have done that for several years and love the way it comes out, plus it freezes up lots of space in my oven.

getting ready to move my dinning room table around and put in extra leaf. Sweetie will have to help me with that. Tomorrow I clean the best I can with Sweeties help. Have all dishes, glasses and silver cleaned and sitting out on my counter. I have a check list and that way I won't forget anything.

My planner has been a great help. Love it

waving to y'all as you ready yourselves for the Holidays. Hope we get to hear from Elizabeth, but she may be traveling. can't remember :D:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”