Tuesday PWYC Ta Dah!

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday PWYC Ta Dah!

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 19, 2023 3:25 pm

The refrigerator deep cleaning project got put on hold for two more trips out of the house.

I stopped to make DS15 some lunch only to discover all the tortilla wraps were gone. I knew DD12 has been in a phase of creating unique wraps and burritos, but I didn't realize that all of the tortilla stash had been eaten. I quickly went to the grocery store 6 miles away to get more tortillas. I came home and made 5 quesadillas for the family.

As I was finishing up cooking a lifelong DFriend called to ask for help. She said her DH was "down and can't get up". Out the door we went to their home about a mile away. DFriend has always been a bit of a drama queen and she continues to prove it. Her DH was up and walking when we arrived. The DH said he was in bed resting and she wanted him to get up so she called us to make him. She is incredibly demanding and selfish. Hopefully she won't try this method of getting her way again. >>>insert massive eye roll<<< How they have stayed married for over 50 years without killing each other remains a mystery to me. DH took lifelong DFriend for a ride to get them separated for a while.

Christmas prep progress! I have one decision made. I ordered a complete meal to be picked up on Christmas eve. I decided on turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, hot rolls and pecan pie. I will probably still make several side dishes but that is simple since the main dishes and dessert will be taken care of.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 4:39 pm

Might need a snarky warning for this post./
Sort of over it for the holidays 1. dd called and was being snarky about how she would / could not do everybody's everything this week b/c of her new job. I said just say you cannot make it & Merry Christmas you do not have to say why and do not have to go to all of your friends grandchildren's baby showers!
2. got a vid. about getting your self a gift and use my link I was looking earlier today for some thing else would not be here by Christmas that vid. was not up in time. sheesh. What I was looking for was not for Christmas but I"m not ordering that in the holiday rush!
3. Holiday Christmas Dinner stile finger food at 7:00 hum I eat a five. Wondering if I need to even take anything or just let em know
I'm not eating that late. / end snarkiness now.

My walk helped with that walks fix a lot of things LOL!
I'n waiting for the release of some planner supplies I am thinking they will not be out till after the new year.
Move a spare coat to each rig they could be put where homeless hang out. The one that is too small for me.
Got to see some sunshine and rain today we needed the rain.
Deciding on my tree shaped pan.
I'll take it to the family thing and see if any one snags it! :mrgreen:
I try to take one thing and leave it behind usually it's a tray might do that with two things this year. LOL!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm

I was surprised at how tired I was (huffing and puffing) today at my workout. Not sure what if something is going on or just normal fluctuation in fitness. I slept well last night and had eaten well today. I left for workout a little early because ddog was driving me crazy. She barks at me, expecting me to take her for a walk, I think. She didn't want in the backyard. :roll: I ignored her until I finally just gathered my things and left.

Dfriend M went this afternoon to a walk-in orthopedic clinic - her knee started hurting pretty badly earlier in the week - and she asked if I would walk R uby but then decided, since I couldn't do it until after my workout, to just have her dh let Ruby into their back yard (fenced.)

After my workout I went to Michaels to pick up a refill of the tape I use for cards, and then to the bank. Traffic was horrible! So when I got home I just put Millie's leash on and walked her two laps. I met my goal for the day, but next door saw that B oston was out of his crate again, barking at the front window. (He could get away with this if he'd stay away from the front window.) Checked their door but neighbor teen had been there and locked up so I texted him to let him know. :roll: My head was swimming with all the dog duties.

BTW, we got a Christmas card from dneighbors next door yesterday - the front side is a photo of B oston looking through a tangle of lit up Christmas lights.

Dh has come through and went on to bowling. I had a little sandwich of deli turkey and cheese, a cup of mushroom barley soup for my supper. He had a bowl of soup and will probably eat again when he's back home later.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:25 pm

I've reclaimed the zone I"m working on. yea!
There is still more to do but at least I have the main part of the room cleared out now so happy with this last round of progress! Yea!!!

------
Dog got a bath h& s2slippers for me.
Towels are in the dryer one other load in the wash now.
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:32 pm

More progress was made on deep cleaning the main refrigerator. I removed the 3rd and 4th glass shelves and 4 storage bins. Everything has been scrubbed, polished, organized, and returned to its spot in the refrigerator. For now the built in crisper drawers are empty because I don't know what to put into them. hum....It needs to be something that can be out of sight because the items will be wanted and searched for. I am thinking about using those drawers to store disposable individual drinks like protein shakes, propel and water bottles. But they already have a place in the garage refrigerator so I don't see a reason to move them. For now I'm going to let the two crisper drawers just sit empty until I can come up with a good use for that space.

I still have 6 shelves to deep clean and organize in the refrigerator French doors. I needed a break before I tackle them.

I got confirmation from DS15 that he will be here Sunday afternoon. He is going to Dallas on Saturday to watch a game with some friends and I wanted to make sure he would be back. Now that I know the time that is available, I am scheduling our Christmas gathering for Sunday afternoon/evening. Because this gathering doesn't have much lead time I am going with Dirty Santa as gifts to be exchanged. I will be sending out text invites shortly. I will do stocking stuffers for DH and the kids to open on Christmas day. The kids main gifts will be picked out by them after Christmas. The overwhelmed feelings are disappearing as the number of things I need to do to prepare for Christmas are gradually being decided.

The 4 of us are going to the gym at 6pm tonight. DH wants to try exercising in the evening so the two of us are going to go. Then the kids decided they would join us. Who is this family that is exercising so often together? Never ever would I have thought it would be something we would be doing voluntarily. When we joined the gym in September as part of DS15 homeschool it was an intimidating place to go because we are easily the oldest and do not conform to the fit & buff people that go to the gym. We certainly stand out because of our age but also because we exercise in our normal clothes. Fast forward a few months of going to the gym, it is a fun place where there are always familiar people that greet us and exchange pleasant encouraging words and hugs. I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop and us to fall off the exercise wagon but until that happens, I'm going to enjoy the STRANGE exercise experience.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:46 pm

((Nancy)) could you eat at five as usual and consider the 7:00 finger foods just snacking? Or is that unwise... ..

LadyM, how selfish and strange of your neighbor/friend to worry you so much when there was no emergency. That is the Boy Who Cried Wolf story, for sure, and very unfair to you and dh. Is she all right? That almost sounds like mental confusion in that she's wildly over-reacting to small things.

Elizabeth may be traveling, yes. Hope she can check in.

It seems official that DangerBoy's gift can't possibly get here in time. And I haven't been able to talk to dd43 about any substitution. His birthday is way down in the year, so saving one gift for that is a bad idea. Not being able to get something to me that I ordered on Dec 2 is just unacceptable.

The boys showed me all the gifts they got at their other grandmother's get-together. Lots of fun.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:04 pm

Just typing that out here made me realize - get something done quick about the missing gift. So, I ordered from A-river a small gift that will arrive a day before party ( :roll: ) and will work as an add-on to some of the things I just saw that he got from his aunts on the other side of his family. He seemed pleased when showing them to me, so I hope I've done right - at least something to open. I was trying so hard to remember, and I know I saw a sword (???) in what he showed me, so I avoided that and think I bought one that is not duplicated in anything he showed me tonight. Teen boys are right behind men in being hard to buy for.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:28 pm

Nancy: dd's family eats at 7 regularly. I think that is too late for an almost 5 and just 7 year old but dd insists it is the only way she can put 3 hours between after school snack and dinner time (and the children are to be fed 3 hours a part, not any closer and heaven help the Nana who lets them graze.) No wonder their bedtimes are so late.

So dh and I will go over and have snack at 4 with the kids when they arrive home and then eat dinner at 6 after leaving her place around 5:15. But we won't stay until 7 to eat unless forced to by circumstances. BTW: we still haven't received an invitation to have Christmas Dinner there. I think I'm going to say no if she does extend one now. We may or may not go over on Christmas day at all (we could around 11 a.m. after dropping my sister at the train station.)

I got out to the stores at 3. And home at 8:40. Costco was first and some success including replacing the hair dryer (13 months old) which died today. Then 90 minutes at ToysRUs and I couldn't find anything so 'settled' on a pair of small remote control cars.

Picked up dh at 6 (starving) and we went out for fast food for dinner, then across the parking lot to get the newsletters printed. I shopped at Staples and got something for dc14. And I'll include $$. We tried across the street at another large store but no luck. I mentioned spirograph and dh whipped out his phone, found one that should be here on Thursday, and ordered it since the store didn't have any.

Then we came home. I've put away the groceries but now have to freeze the meat. Then bed. I received 10 emails that needed to be read and some responded to between 3 and 6, which I did while I ate. Also noted someone was looking for a photo of an EV charging solution like we have so I took a photo when I got home and sent it to him.

Nancy

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 19, 2023 11:51 pm

Yea I will eat something at 5 and then finger foods they might be "to go".
7 is better for me than 9 like nye I cannot make that work with my Rx regimine.
I just give up on that and go to bed at 9 with nyc! LOL!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:29 pm

mom is going out with d brother - my uncle and aunt invited her but my brother doesn't even know if there will be food 8-) - he laughed and said it will be a surprise!

dh just told me that he won't be going to his family's Christmas Eve as covid terrifies him. I don't blame him bc he got covid at Christmas last year. He was in the hospital almost 2 months and he almost died. I will have to make Christmas Day even more special for him. He is going to FaceTime with everyone.
I could stay home but I would like to go.

I hope your day is wonderful
what a good day for a Tuesday PWYC ta dah!!!
-----------------------------------------------------------
d Nancy I am sorry your dd is busy this week.
yay on reclaiming the zone!
---------------------------------------------------------
d lady those burrito's must be delicious.
oh my - it's like the boy calling wolf. I hope she can see that it wasn't a good thing. Scary! You and your dh are good people!!

what a great idea - ordering the dinner! fantastic.
hello d rose!
you have a very busy day!
I am sorry someone tried using your cc.
good idea about the turkey
so happy the planner is working beautifully
hello d harriet
I was thinking the same about mental capability of d neighbor changing.

I am so sorry that danger boy's present won't come in. praying you find something before the holiday. it is unacceptable that it won't be here. I am sorry.
I am happy that he had a lovely time at other grandmothers christmas. good for him!
teen boys and men are hard to buy for lol. so true!
hello d Kathryn
You have a toys r us? wow all of ours shut down years ago.
you too have been busily shopping! well done on all your work!
hello d twins!

hello d Lucy!

hello d all!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”