Write it down Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:49 am

sweet dreams all
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:45 am

2 more of those items done -
chose outfits, laundered what HRH needed

And the hot pad is done. I definitely got carried away on that. I should have just made a potholder and instead made a 12-inch square hot pad that will work for even a Dutch oven or casserole. And the pattern was already a difficult one (wanted to try something new without a pattern, which is why I didn't realize how large it would turn out). Since it was so large, I had to piece the back and also had to think about how to quilt it. Ended up using a jar lid to trace half-circles with a disappearing marker. They will disappear before I give the gift at our party.

But it was good for my brain to have so many things to figure out. HRH got a high-tech gift for himself that has quite a learning curve. So we were saying to each other tonight that we've both been challenging the brain cells today.

I also finished up a batch of broccoli sprouts today. They are in the fridge.

Dd43 picks me up at 10:30 tomorrow. She wants to go out to lunch before hitting the store.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 21, 2023 2:39 am

I'm so glad y'all enjoyed the Tooth Fairy story -- like I said, it was mostly dgs' work! She also asked how the fairy builds a tooth castle :?: :? Apparently, that is what she does/where she lives, according to dgd... but dgs went into this involved thing about how many teeth it takes, and which teeth she uses (the front ones, only) and I just thought that was gross. So I answered, "With a lot of teeth." That's still gross.
But I guess the whole idea of some fairy sneaking into your house and taking your baby teeth is a little... odd, anyway. I wonder where that whole idea even started. I wish she'd start pulling these teeth at home! The first two have been here at our house.
She was so excited, though, and ds Face-timed ddil at work, to show her. Dgd said, "My mommy will be sooo proud of me, because she's been trying all day to get me to pull this one!!!"

Ironing done. Grandson in bed. Dh in bed. Dh will likely need Zofran before he can settle down, even with dgs just down the hall.
DGS has kept him entertained, however. DGS never shuts up, so you have to pay more attention to him than the thoughts in your own head, and they have watched basketball and dgs has kept a running football game going up and down the hall all night.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”