Thursday Time

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Thursday Time

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:05 am

How will you spend your time today? Will it be used intentionally?
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Time

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:17 am

I do enjoy the hourly challenge game. It is "me vs me" so no one else is involved.

I successfully played and won the first two hourly games of my day. I have the next 5 cards selected that I plan to do in my third hour game.

During one of my hourly breaks, I watched an unfamiliar yt channel because of curiosity about the calendar method. It is called The Trident Calendar System
Clift notes .....
- Year-at-a-glance - sheets
- Ideal week - calendar
- Daily quests - work + health + relationship
"Time is our single most valuable nonrenewable resource. We can always make more money, but we can never make more time."
1. Know what you want.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 21, 2023 10:58 am

I was very intentional about sleeping late. I had horrible sleep last night for awhile. Achy, couldn't get comfortable, my mouth/cheek shooting some electricity. I intentionally slept late. Alarm still went off, but only once and I kept sleeping. It helped that dMillie got Trazadone in the early evening yesterday and slept late too. The smoke detector by the garage (I think) chirped a few times. Dh wasn't home yet and I didn't want to try to change it by myself. So she got meds and retreated upstairs. Perhaps it went off was because I worked in the garage for awhile with that door open?

I set an alarm to remind me of my 11 a.m. Zoom meeting with the woman I'm mentoring. It's nearly ten so I need to get moving. The biggies are to eat breakfast, get dressed and walk the dog. Anything else I get done along the way is gravy.

I'm supposed to work out at two, and I need to go. My back is still achy but I imaging she will have some stretches for me.

Dh came home yesterday with news that we need three little gifts for "dirty Santa" on Sunday evening so I need to deal with that sometime. Also need to get cards in mail. I was thinking that dh would write notes but he didn't want to. :roll:
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:05 pm

I have a couple things on my mind....
Being intentional.
doing 5 things an hour
Cathy

Hopefully Cathy won't mind me making up some things for her to intentionally do next hour.
1. Stretch
2. Adjust sun protection
3. Adjust lounge chair
4. Finish up favorite drink
5. Turn page on a really enjoyable book being read.
Bonus - Inhale the smells of being on the beach.

I have won my first 5 hourly challenges. I have no idea how long I will keep up with them today. I usually get OBE (overcome by events) and lose track of TOTH sometime during the day.

DH has volunteered to take Micro to/from the groomer. That means I have two extra hours to my day.
1. Know what you want.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:19 pm

Up and working… have all things on my planner done that I wanted by noon with time to spare

After lunch sweetie will mop the floors after I vacuum. I can’t believe it but he is actually decluttering his office!

Neighbor unexpected gift yesterday so after dinner I quickly ran to the store and bought simple ingredients to make a simple cheese cake. Came home and made it and Sweetie will take it over to them later today.

Have good music going … got to get dusting and vacuuming the floors… see y’all later
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:26 pm

I've intentionally got to bed earlier for the past few days. Not early just earlier but last night was lights out at 10:30 after reading my (dead-tree) book for 15 minutes.

Woke up at 5:30 and never went back to sleep. Got up at 6:20. I did my 8 a.m. errand and have since made 2 dozen sausage rolls (and 8 sausage meatballs.)

I froze the butter last night and today I grated it (yuck, not a fun task, my fingers hurt from the cold and it is friggin slow work.) Then I put it back in the freezer while I created the substitution for self-rising flour. Then, for the first time, I made Ruff Puff Pastry (that is the name in the UK flour company recipe pamphlet but it is called rough puff pastry here.) I had read about 5 websites on it last night and those directions weren't the same as in my recipe, so I sort-of combined methods. The recipe I was working from added all the butter to the flour and because it was self-rising flour, it didn't add the vinegar (or lemon) to the water. It seems the baking powder short-circuits a lot of the finicky-ness of the ruff puff pastry.

My recipe called for lard (it would have been a recipe from the times in the UK just after rationing ended) and no mention of grated or freezing but I used unsalted butter and did the grated frozen butter for hopefully better results.

They look amazing, no idea how they'll taste. I'm scared to try them since everything else I've made this season has only been just edible.

Anyway, like Harriet and HRH did yesterday, I worked on stretching brain cells today, doing something completely new.

Coincidentally, dd had done a FB post about grating frozen butter (in her case she was making biscuits) and so now I have the idea of buying her a food processor if she doesn't already have one. She is really getting into fancy baking and it is a decent tool to have for some of the tasks that involves. I used to have one (she might have it, but I don't think so) but I only used mine for grated cabbage for coleslaw. I'm not much of a fancy baker.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:34 pm

Up on time today. Did qt & most of my journaling.
More coffee in my Merry Christmas cup it is very large! :mrgreen:
We had rain in the nite and it's been foggy out this morning.

I'm thawing out some items.
Sorted two baskets did not do one :idea: yesterday so had to play a bit of catch up today.
Waving to all wishing you a great day!
Early Cmas here so I"m going to do the pork ribs country style for mine in the crock pot Sun. or Mon. have not really thought that far ahead.

I need to pay attn. to some d's in the main part of the house.
RBR & PUPA that I"ve been ignoring needs to happen.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:51 pm

Done with the Zoom meeting. I need to reset an alarm to remind me to leave for my workout.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Thu Dec 21, 2023 12:53 pm

Good morning! Long time no see! I came across a post I intended for last Friday that mentioned another post I never finished. :oops:

DH did, in fact, have Covid the day I had us scheduled for Covid tests. DD just had a cold but decided to stay home anyway, so DC and I went, well masked. Had both Covid and flu done at the same time; my upper arm was sore most of a week.

Have done most of my Christmas shopping online this year, for good or ill. We had ice on the front steps the other day, and I slipped going out to get a package. I managed to grab hold of the railing, but I ended up in a weird position. DD had to come outside and brace me so I could move my leg without falling. I managed to get down without any more damage, but I had wrenched my right leg. It's mostly back to normal, but the day it happened, I ended up with about 300 steps, as I spent most of the rest of the day with my leg up. Getting upstairs to the bathroom was fun -- not! But I just have the occasional twinge now.

I have gotten two things done today, one easy -- called the mechanic to see when he might be in over the holidays that he could replace my headlight -- and one hard -- adjusting my bottled water subscription. They changed their website, so I could no longer easily pause one of the flavors, and I couldn't change a subscription to one flavor I wanted, but I could start a new subscription, etc., etc. I think I've gotten things straight.

DH, who is now home for the rest of the year between days the offices are closed and his remaining vacation days, asked if my car would be available the day after we had the headlight replaced, so he could schedule my Christmas present. I have not asked for anything involving my car, so I am wondering what this could be. Perhaps a new windshield? (Mine has been cracked for some time.) Or four new tires? (I am constantly having to refill mine.) If the latter, I hope he has not scheduled this with the place we have been getting tires; I suspect the cause of the leaks has to do with how they were installed, but what do I know about tires?

DD is DD24 now! :shock: How did this happen? She opted for a very simple celebration: staying home and having her favorite soup (loaded baked potato) and pumpkin pie. DH got her some Nancy Drew books, which she collects, and I got her a video game she has been wanting -- which is still in its shrink wrap, as she spent yesterday evening, instead of playing the game, watching glowing reviews of it on YouTube. :roll:

I like your plans for Cathy, LadyM, and I hope she adheres to them closely! ;)

I need to make a brain dump of all the things that need doing between now and Sunday and put them in some kind of order, because my brain is spinning in six different directions. Have a good one, everybody!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 21, 2023 1:32 pm

Mystery - It is good to see your CI. You have a lot going on in your life. I am wondering about your dining room table project. Are you maintaining or moved on to something different? I don't know why it has stuck in my mind, but I think about it several times a week.

I've decided to make two dishes for lunch. I am making chicken alfredo and beef fajitas. Making two meals at once doesn't take much more time since I'm already in the kitchen. Our refrigerator is empty of ready to eat foods (aka leftovers) so i need to cook more than we can eat in one meal. The kids do much better when they have food ready to eat available.
1. Know what you want.

Return to “Post When You Can”