Thursday Time

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Thursday Time

Postby LadyMaverick » Thu Dec 21, 2023 3:14 pm

Food is cooked and everyone has eaten with double thumbs up as review.

I went looking for something similar to Kathryn's pastry recipe. Oh my. It looks so good and flaky.

7 hourly challenges attempted with success. Do I want to do another? I haven't decided yet. I want to put my feet up for a few minutes and then decide.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 21, 2023 4:34 pm

I have gotten myself dressed not much else except fix my lunch.
Fog is burning off and the sun is trying to peek through.
They have fired up the chipper up the street again and I can hear that.
It is a good motivator for getting my walk done in the other direction.
For my fiber adventures Ddoggo is shedding tufts of hair so I've been collecting it for the trash can.
fetched the mail and got a calendar it is ready to go up.

We are back from our walk.
Got a vid. too. yea luv two for one tasks!
It's quiet outside here now too yea!
Sun even came out for a bit too yea!

Did a bit of crafting carded up some wool and spun up some of it.
A fun orange cream color!
Last edited by Nancy on Thu Dec 21, 2023 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:05 pm

Home from my workout - last one until after new year - they are closed next week. I am just so tired these days. I had a good workout - did some strength, stretching and cardio but I just feel whipped. I stopped on the way home to look for some of the three" $20 gifts someone would like to steal." I did end up with a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream. I'd steal that myself. Am I overthinking this? Also possibilities: good candy, lottery tickets, specialty food - I saw some local honey too. (I actually enjoy the creative side of figuring out something different for this...)

It's been a dark afternoon, fittingly for the shortest daylight of the year. Our supper is soup with grilled cheese or a salad. The lights on our screened porch, which come on at dusk, are already on.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Thu Dec 21, 2023 6:17 pm

No time, no time... (and I'm really doing pretty well with Christmas prep, compared to years past.)
Still -- I'm just waving to all of you in amazement at all you are accomplishing!

BEFORE SATURDAY
[x] color my hair
[x] wrap dmom's presents for
[x] get money gifts prepared
[x] deliver gift to our renters
[ ] bake cookies
[x] dgd's ballgames Th & Fri
[x] dgd spend the night Th & Fri

Main concern is that ds & ddil are both feeling pretty flu-ish. DDIL took covid test -- negative. She will not go to dgd's game tonight. I asked if she needed me to come over; ds said he would ask -- she has asked her friend to come clean on Saturday. DH is also worried that DS will not feel like going to Nashville with us Saturday. Or that dgrands will be sick. Or WE will be sick. DH has to be worried about something.
NP was supposed to call with test results for his potassium today. So far -- nothing.

I went to Wmart today, got grocery stuff and misc that we will likely need before New Year's Eve. Hoping not to have to go back next week in the post-Christmas craziness.

EDITING — watching the video, LadyM! Lots of good ideas!
Last edited by lucylee on Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Thu Dec 21, 2023 9:54 pm

((Mystery)) ouch! Keep feeling better! I had forgotten how close in age your DD24 is to mine, 26.

Enjoying hearing about all the baking going on.

Off dd43 and I went for our faraway adventure today. Lots of enjoyment. We first went out for Thai (always her favorite) and it was delish. Then she insisted we stop at JoAnn's - mostly for me - because it was on the way. Both she and I found things for crafting ourselves and with the children. I found a little lawn mower ornament for ds to open at the party, to be a "thank you note" for all his yard work for us.

Then off to the big variety grocery, where we each immediately found WOW items. She found a chicory coffee she hadn't been able to find in years - her late dh's favorite. In the produce section I was wide-eyed. They had papaya, Adolfo mango, both pink and white dragonfruit. A fellow was just setting out pineapples and I was able to find one very golden. There were only two honeydew left, so I snagged one even though it is a bit large. If I have time to cut a basket, this one couldn't be more perfectly formed.

Many perishable things were tempting, but I only have so much refrigerator space and there will be little room until after the party.

The only fly in the ointment is that most of the things that might be on an ordinary grocery list are not carried there, so HRH wants the two of us to go out first thing in the morning "one more time"! Ugh. Maybe we should, but time is becoming tight, as is fridge space. I'll comfort myself that there might be one more item that I'll be glad I found.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Thu Dec 21, 2023 11:13 pm

Sausage rolls are not bad. The quality of the sausage meat is lacking and quite fatty and they seemed 'heavy' as a result.

I seem to have wasted the remainder of the day, except for getting the new bed risers in place and the bed made up. The spare room is ready now for tomorrow night. Towels are out too. And hooks to hang clothes on the outside the closet since it is full of bookcases with books in them. That's how I childproofed the spare room - I put childproofing on the closet doors instead of bolting the bookcases to the wall!

I paid bills too.

But that's it.

Return to “Post When You Can”