Flexible Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Flexible Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:40 am

Stay flexible today - things will change along the way = and you'll need to pivot to another plan. Or when you prioritize you'll figure out that it can't all possibly be done - and you'll need to be flexible enough to recast your plans.

If you plans are set and you're at a good place with prep, be sure to do some stretching! You can choose physical stretching, or some stretching of the brain!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Flexible Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:42 am

For me, I'm at a good place because we don't "do" Christmas. So I'm going to straighten this a.m. for the dcleaning lady and I think I have the afternoon free.

Responsibility for one of the $20 gifts has been rightly transferred to ds, so we only need one more.

I slept well, was up on the late side but that's par for these shorter days. It's another fittingly gray day here.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:15 am

Morning Twins..

Back from class and getting ready to head to the grocery store. I over did my hand yesterday with all my work so it’s wrapped again. Sweetie did an excellent job on our floors

Have baking to do today.. should be interesting with a wrapped hand

Waving to y’all…BBL :D
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:39 am

Good morning

I am off to a good start today. I don't take that for granted.

We have deep thick fog and it felt like I was in a different place during my 6am outside walk. The fog muted all the noises so not only was sight limited but also audio. I felt like I was enveloped in a safe bubble.

I did all my Christmas wrapping in less than 15 minutes this morning. I opened a plastic tub containing a stack of Christmas gift bags (I reuse them). I selected the right size bag for each gift to make sure the bag high/width exceeded the gift size. After all the gifts were in a bag then I started the stuffing process with holiday theme tissue paper to cover the top of the gift. There were over a dozen gift bags but it didn't take long doing it assembly line style. I am done!

I do regret not getting my Christmas theme shirts out of the Christmas storage totes earlier than 3 days before Christmas. I had forgotten that I had so many of these decorated shirts. I might store these shirts in the Fall decoration storage totes so they will be remembered and ready to wear next year immediately after Thanksgiving.

Last night the four of us went to the gym and worked out. Everyone is developing their own exercise routines. There is one problem we experienced. We walk out of the gym into cool night air then get into a vehicle. Four sweaty hot bodies will cause the inside vehicle windows to immediately fog up. We drove for several miles with the windows open and the defroster running at full speed.

I have doctor appt this morning to get the results of the 3 routine heart tests done last week. I expect to hear good news.
Last edited by LadyMaverick on Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

MysteryWoman

Postby MysteryWoman » Fri Dec 22, 2023 10:42 am

Good morning! It is a gray day here as well, Twins.

LadyM, the dining table is and remains clear. :D DH and I even played a game on it yesterday. (DH, having just started his Christmas vacation, does not quite understand that I don't have a whole lot of time for games right now.) Now we're working on the boxes of (mostly the kids') stuff that get in the way of maneuvering in the room.

Got a preliminary grocery list put together yesterday. Now I need to go through what we have already and see if I can place an order. Otherwise, I'll have to see if DH can go do the shopping. Trying to figure out how to structure my day around my therapy appointment at 3. Fortunately, it's online, so I don't have to be anywhere.

I hope your hand feels better, Rose!

Have a great day, everybody!
I've got my country's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped. -- Prince Humperdinck

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:53 am

I was up in the night with sniffles went back to bed for a bit got up at a reasonable time.
Sun rise is great not much fog!

Cmas thing last evening was interesting
My bs was tanking when I got there a bit late I'd eaten some but took Rx sigh.
So was eating as they had food it was buffet style not sit down dinner style hostess had the wrong word. No worries.
Not sure what the others got for gifts as I was filling my plate & getting some gifts and items out of the bag I'd brought.
Ddoggos were all happy just the right amount of people!

Met dds new fella for the 1st time.
My gift was a folding wagon a long one!
Dgson brought it in the house for me to unbox. It is heavy duty will haul 300 Lbs. :shock:
After being ill on turkey day I really appreciated the gathering.
I left the wreath shaped bread & summer sausage unopened they can have it later.

[The things I brought were unwrapped most were adopted LOL!]
My outfit worked a red white and black sweater went with the red sweats & white tee shirt!
I have food thawing for meals today did that last nite.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:00 pm

I've s2s. I've had my yogurt for breakfast. I've finalized the service for Sunday night (still have to pack up the props.) I've cleaned the bathroom. I've taken some things out of the freezer and put them in the fridge to defrost.

That's it.

My to-do list is much, much, longer than that.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:22 pm

good morning!

hello d twins. I have always been curious how you had Christmas in your home growing up and now you celebrate Hanukah; did you celebrate both growing up because of one parent?

Most of our friends have had both parents who followed their faith. I did have a friend whose mother was Jewish; the family followed the mother's faith.

I was curious on how you transitioned between the two. I love learning about all faiths!!!

glad you slept well!

--------------------------------------------------
thank you for the start of the day! stay flexible will be my mantra today! thank you!
------------------------------------------------

hi d rose! hope your hand feels better soon waving at you.

-----------
hi d lady yay on the good start!!!
good luck at your dr. appointment
----------------
hello d mystery - lovely to see you!
---------------
hi d Nancy - no sniffles - I am sorry I will tell your body to throw away any cold symptoms and give you a nice healthy day!!!
--------------
hi d Kathryn! the bathroom looks shining!!! ***
---------------

have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:26 pm

Hi, we're back from early grocery, buying gasoline, putting away and eating brunch. So, I sit down here after 11:00, yipes, BUT one of the purchases is a lattice apple pie, so I know I have a merry dessert everyone will be delighted to see. I will bake for them another day and allow dd25 her request for the oven this time for her baking. I'm FLEXIBLE.

Also found parmesan breadcrumbs, the last ingredient dd26 hoped to find for her casserole, so that will be here, ready for her to bake in the morning.

Did I find more colorful fruits? Yes, I did! A little "golden" papaya, mini watermelon and kumquats. Do I know a single thing about kumquats? No, but I will before the party! HRH says, "Have we reached our $50 limit yet, for that $20 fruit tray we volunteered to bring?" ;) (He's fine - he has already called dibs on any remaining watermelon, and anyway, he knows there was no $50 limit. P'shaw.)

Um... .. anybody know anything about kumquats? :?:

Kitty tip - Tobias is a little too interested in the ribbons under the tree. First, they're dangerous to cats who might ingest any. Second, the wrath of the present-wrapper of the family is no small thing. So, HRH found the perfect solution. Before we go to bed or leave the house, he stations the vacuum cleaner in front of the tree, trails the cord around all the presents in one direction and the hose in the other. Voila! No more kittycats sneaking to the tree.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:40 pm

Yesterday I slept the whole day - my sugars were crazy and I had a headache. I felt bad for mom bc she and I had to exchange 17 phone calls, d brother got 3 calls, dd younger got 4 calls. Mom's dementia had her in a loop. I sure felt bad for her and I couldn't do anything to break her out of her loop bc I couldn't go over there.

dh went and gave her lunch and her meds. I had dinner delivered.
Mom had a reaction to be out the day before with brother/uncle/aunt and not having time with me Tuesday night, and yesterday (she stayed home all day) send her into a dementia loop of worry.

reoccurring loops:
traveling to florida: when, who, how etc.
packing her suitcase and what to pack,
wanting to ship all her cloths
her meds not being filled for the next day (I can't bc she messes it up)

I am grateful for feeling patient and kind.

today I do have a worry: dd younger is supposed to fly home today with her dog - a lot of people and having a service dog on top of it is never a good combination. The worst thing that could happen: she couldn't make it - but we can do Christmas another time. It would be sad. It's harder on the young and their expectations and dreams of what the holiday should be.

Looking to the good: 1. be grateful.
exercise
straighten the house
start the beef Burgundy for mom
put list on fridge for Christmas brunch.
wrap last of the dog presents.
clean out the car.
plan for Saturday on the fridge
plan for Sunday on the fridge
plan for Monday on the fridge
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”