Flexible Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Re: Flexible Friday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 22, 2023 12:59 pm

he stations the vacuum cleaner in front of the tree, trails the cord around all the presents in one direction and the hose in the other. Voila! No more kittycats sneaking to the tree.
LOL, Harriet, I love this! Let the vacuum cleaner guard the tree!

Dcleaning lady was asking how Millie like the Roomba - she tolerates it, moving from room to room to get away from it at times. I think she will get used to it.

I'm upstairs, finished (hopefully last?) two cards for two dneighbors. I think I'm going to clean my desk up some. Or I might take an early nap. Maybe finally get pansies in pots? I'm flexible.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:05 pm

Back from the grocery store…it was easy peasy with little traffic

Came home and made my mom’s rum cake and it is baking at the moment. I am making a cheese cake tomorrow because Stefanie’s Aunt is a recovering Alcoholic and was afraid the rum cake wouldn’t be good for her.

I am at a stopping point at the moment. I built in some down time for today because I figured I might need it. Tomorrow is gonna be very busy for me. So I’m going to gather all my supplies and can goods and stage them on my island for easy access tomorrow.

After coffee I need to do a small foot print removal and after my cake comes out and cools I need to put the glaze on it. In the past when my mom made this, she would rap it up in cheese cloth and stick it in the Artie where it was cold so the flavors really blended well together. That won’t happen here :D

Harriet… btw I saw someone surround their Christmas tree with oranges to keep her cats out of it cause her cats are terrified of them :lol:
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 22, 2023 1:55 pm

Back from the store I needed a few items.
Have my slippers and pink plaid p j pants to hang out this holiday at home in.
Got yard for more hot pads too yea!
Stocked up on coffee tried the vanilla one! :mrgreen:
Took ddoggo for a ride in the rig she is happy.
Found broth for her it had been a bit long in the fridge so sogge kibble is her fav.
Took a pic. of my wagon sent to fam. Dd loaded my folding wagon dgson unloaded it and brought it inside for me.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 22, 2023 3:21 pm

i am thankful to receive a great test result from the doctor. The doctor told me what the normal test result values were and then told me what mine test results were. It was a straightforward way to understand my results. I do appreciate our family doctor and office staff. They make you feel like family.

It has been one thing after another since we left doctor office.
** Stopped at a local BBQ place and brought home several meals. We know all the people who work there so it is more of a friendly get together with nonstop talking and catching up on each other's lives.
** Three large boxes were delivered by Fedex.
** A neighbor two doors down stopped by with a blonde lab dog to ask if it was ours. That lead to several phone calls and FB posts to find it's owner.
** Another neighbor from about 1/2 mile away stopped by to hand deliver Christmas card. That resulted in a half-hour visit.
** I walked over to a neighbor's home a couple doors down to check on them. That resulted in another chatty visit.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:31 pm

I took a respectable nap but haven't done much else. Dh got us invited to dfriends A and V for our dinner tonight, so I don't have to cook. :lol:

Dh came home from Costco with a "tabletop s'mores maker." Sorry, but for me it's a useless item that would take up space. I'm not sure it would even make it into the house. But I did delegate procurement to him so I won't say a word. Ds told us that at his work he got a Christmas stocking filled with chocolate nut candy. He doesn't celebrate Christmas, and doesn't eat tree nut products, so everyone got a kick out of that. He did get a chance to trade for something that he could at least use.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:16 pm

Started baking cookies -- 2/5 done, I guess. (Two dozen out of five dozen.)
DGD and I disposed of a dead mouse. Yuck. He made it to the end of the sidewalk, and apparently gave up the ghost, right at the bottom of our porch steps. DGD wanted to carry the shovel and I was glad to let her. I don't even want to be within 10 feet of a DEAD mouse. She thinks they are "cute,' but I'm sure her association with them is more of the Mickey version. Their dog probably keeps them away from their house.

She has a ballgame tonight and we'll need to leave in about 45 minutes.

Also had to get a rx refilled/changed for dh, and then right after I did that, dmom called and she thinks she has Covid. :cry: But home test was negative. She asked me to call and get her refills of her cough medicine.
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:47 pm

I headed off a visit in the morning from couple from church I was having sniffles when that text came so they will drop what ever it is off
outside. :mrgreen:
I've reclaimed most of the kitchen counters.
Bread is rising.
Did the dishes.
Backyard got picked up.
I ripped out a hot pad and started it in a diff. color so I could have a better stripe placement.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:17 pm

hello again.
mom has been feisty but great again.
presents: finished wrapping with mom's help. stocking stuffers complete
presents separated by where they go on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
dog gifts marked
more oranges and cloves made - smells good
family room, front hall, front room, dining room clean and straightened by dd older.
most groceries for Christmas Eve and christmas done.

now to put the ribbon box away,
clean up after all the wrapping.
look at list and check things off
more laundry done.

next: sweep up kitchen
put away kitchen

AM:
Pick up a dessert for an old neighbor who now lives near mom.
with dd younger for her Christmas Eve pj's -

later in day
cut up and/or cook things for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
I should get mom something else for her stocking but it depends on time
clean out car
during day make gingerbread and regular cookies for Christmas and neighbors
make coupon book for dh
butter, cream cheese, some more pickles

stop by police and fire department with thank you.

figure out games for Christmas Day - prizes - probably not.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:21 pm

hello d twins - that's great - no dinner making tonight! yay!

I love that - let the vacuum cleaner protect the tree!

hi d rose
how nice that there was only a little traffic
rum cake sounds lovely

dd needs me - talk to you soon
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 22, 2023 7:22 pm

LOL
A-river is now using a little image of Santa's red sleigh with presents on their "track your package" feature. (map of roads) And it says DangerBoy's present is 2 stops away - yay.

I've been obsessing over 1) what I'll carry in and 2) what I'll display in for all the items for ds' house tomorrow.

Got a text from WonderBoy asking about wassail. Oh, dear. No, I didn't plan on wassail at someone else's house. He suggested it for Christmas Day here, then. I am not sure this can happen, but HRH is on it. HRH said, "he likes it THAT much?" Evidently.

Return to “Post When You Can”