Flexible Friday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
blessedw2

Re: Flexible Friday PWYC

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:00 pm

that's so cute d harriet that a river is trying to make tracking a present fun. !

hello again. dd younger is supposed to land 6:36 fingers crossed.
I have to head out soon to the airport and wait in the cell lot. I actually like driving to the air port normally but I have a feeling it's going to be crazy tonight.

those counters look great d Nancy! I love the smell of bread rising and then baking
yay on outside work as well

how wonderful to make cookies d Lucy!
have fun at the ball game
praying your d mom doesn't have covid!

a respectable nap - fantastic d twins

a true blessing d lady! glad you have such a lovely dr's office!
what a nice thing your neighbor did by helping the dog.
a nice chatty visit - wonderful!

hi d everyone!

we ordered Chinese - I don't care for asian food but everyone else does.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:17 pm

We got rain and it's been blowing I put the box my wagon cart came in and put that in the shed, till I decide what I"ll go with it.
Brought the cart in out of the weather, it is aired out.
Got the front part of the house sort of okay, worked on the butterfly room a tiny bit.
Got some smaller items out in the trash yea!
Did some spinning.
It is as long as my sliding glass doors are wide! :shock:
Has quite a few accessories you can get.
It is dark & I still have some steps to get in as my phone fell out of my pocket in the rig today & I am playing dang catch up on that.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:29 pm

It is fun to read all ya'll's doin's!

Nancy, the cart sounds like a fun gift you'll get a lot of use out of.

HRH will have the wassail ingredients here in the morning. Good gracious - he can't stand it if one of these grands wishes for something.

In a more boring development, I visited my colorist today, lol.

Gee, blessed, I wish I could plan ahead well enough to send/give thank yous :idea: to police and fire departments!

btw, there is a feel-good story from ds' fire department :
They had their agility physicals. This is not the carry-human-down-ladder-and-run thing but classic calisthenics and strength testing, which Deputy Chief ( ds) instructs and leads. The tests are given by a company hired by the state. They broke several of their own records. One young fellow broke the dept record for most push-ups in one minute, for instance. Another for some weights test. Ds broke the dept record - strangely enough - for grip strength. He had 185 pounds grip strength in left hand, 165 in right, even though he is right-handed.

But the BIG story was that the Chief, about 50 years old, literally broke a testing-company record - not just the dept and not just fire depts only - for any testing that company has ever done. He held plank position for almost 27 minutes, in a formal attempt to reach a record. (Ds does NOT advise such long-hold planks in his instruction, but now everyone may be trying it privately!) Chief didn't do as well as the younger ones after that, of course, but they didn't comment because all of them had an extra exercise to do, trying to pick their jaws up off the floor because of their Chief's fitness!

That replacement present arrived, and it's popped into a bag, so I believe I'm ready with all tomorrow's gifts.

I'll hop up early in the morning and start in the kitchen. I do think I'll make a fruit "basket" - it'll be fun. I did read about kumquats, and I may need to tell the children they are a tart citrus fruit, lol!

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 22, 2023 8:33 pm

We are home from the gym. My legs are telling me they are DONE. The thigh muscles were shaking because they were so tired. It is a good type of tiredness.

I am going to put pj's on, relax & find something to watch on the screen.

Sweet Dreams to all.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:28 am

how awesome d harriet for the fire dept!!!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 1:29 am

sweet dreams too

Return to “Post When You Can”