Supple Saturday

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
LadyMaverick

Re: Supple Saturday

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:01 pm

Appliance shopping was a bust. We went to every place we know of in a 70 mile radius that sells appliances. I decided that I will shop online and have them delivered directly to our home.

We are enjoying some quiet time at home. It is very quiet and calm with no kids.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:06 pm

I nearly have my steps done for today after a walk and picking up the back yard.
Had my lunch and the hot pad project is complete now yea.
Dishes are soaking.
Movie time now. I usually do that on Fri. but was busy this week.
I need to get the sheets back upstairs so I can put em on the bed.

I got the trash dumped.
Finished up that hot pad.
Had my dinner.
Dishes are in the dishpan with out water I wanted a longer break this evening before doing them.
What type of people bring a diabetic candy? hurmuph! Nice to be thought of but really!
Dishes are done now.
I swiffered.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 23, 2023 11:40 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:52 pm

We are in Nashville, a little early for the Grand Ole Opry, so we’re just waiting in the car.
Dmom is feeling much better and reports that she has all groceries bought for Monday.
Tomorrow, aside from celebrating, all I may need to do is help clean at ds’ house.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:30 pm

Have fun at the show, lucylee.

LadyM, you did the right thing to wait for the appliances you really want.

Our family get-together has been lots of fun today. I brought enough variety of fruit to stump most members of the family on at least one item, and to give the first taste of some fruit or another to each of the grands, although it wasn't always the same one.

The honeydew melon carved rather easily into a scalloped basket filled with honeydew and watermelon balls. I made two pineapple "boats" of easy-to-pick-up pieces. I made four little dragon fruit bowls with squares of the purple and balls of the golden dragon fruit. Cut kiwi into halves with zig-zag tops. Scored mangos for serving. Tried papaya, which looked like a beautiful flower but simply didn't have a good taste. Kumquat was only a hit with dd43. Oh well, everything else was nice. WonderBoy took everything home - he's our adventurous eater.

The young man had come here early, mid-morning, helped dd26 make her casserole, then carried everything over to ds' house for us. He must be homefolks by now because we let him see us at our frazzled worst here, lol.

I read the Christmas story in Scots to the children and most of them were smiling way before I finished, knowing what the story was because some of the words are the same, and it has the cadence of familiarity. But dgdC didn't catch on until nearly the end, staring at me talking in this foreign language. Dd26 got the giggles at me messing up a few times but politely left the room until she composed herself. She's the only one who's heard me do it before, at church.

The kids were remarkably well-behaved and waited their turns for opening gifts. Our weather was so pleasant that they went outside and played with their new sports equipment together while adults had extra dessert, lol. That was a blessing for them. Ds finally had to shoo us away because they were going to church tonight.

The deer have a feast of leftover parts of fruits (not pineapple rinds) out at the edge of the lawn. I tossed it in an arc and called out "Merry Christmas". I realize it might not be deer who get it, but I'm pretty sure that's close to their evening trek and bedding route, and it's aromatic. It's going to get somebody's attention.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:50 pm

The deer have a feast of leftover parts of fruits (not pineapple rinds) out at the edge of the lawn. I tossed it in an arc and called out "Merry Christmas"
absolutely wonderful d harriet!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Return to “Post When You Can”