Tuesday, not Monday: PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Re: Tuesday, not Monday: PWYC

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:27 pm

Lucy do you are your mom have cook books on the fresh ham, do you have someone you can call.
Any family members smoke hams?
Can you ask siri?

I have nearly gotten my steps in picked up the back yard.
Ddoggo luved the dough balls.

More left overs for me?

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:53 pm

I’m sure my mom or my aunts can tell me what to do with this ham. Still shaking my head. I bet this man got his order messed up somehow. He rents a good bit of land, runs a pretty big operation— cows, produce, etc. He just gets hay from our pasture and dbil. For quite a few years now, he’s given us the pre-cooked ham. Now this.

And here I am, looking a gift pig in the mouth, right?
Along with my gift fake watch.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:38 pm

HELLO! Yes, it's me, coming to you from my brand new chromebook!
Having some trouble logging in to Google, but I was able to get here.
The next question is, can I do google documents, etc. Can I get Word on this device? Will I get used to this keyboard? Is this purchase going to be worth it?
I think I should establish a good Google account before I start trying to do documents and save them here. I'm just "exploring" right now, trying to see how it's going to work.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Tue Dec 26, 2023 9:50 pm

Well, I don’t know about that. This Chromebook may be no better than a large phone. It wants me to sign in to google in order to do anything, and I’ve set up an account, but it doesn’t recognize either of the passwords I’ve used before. They will “verify “ me within 24 hours.
I may end up returning it too.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:02 pm

Lucylee: I'd say a Chromebook was more flexible than a big phone but phones are getting really powerful now so maybe that's a good analogy. I wouldn't know, I keep using laptops instead so I have more flexibility. A Chromebook is definitely going to attach you to the Google world. Since you have an apple watch (and I assume phone) this may be a terrible fit for you. I know apple is a terrible fit for me coming from Android and Windows.

The day is almost done.

I WILL GET TO BED BEFORE 11 TONIGHT, 10:30 IF I STOP TALKING SOON.

I managed to get dressed, tidied the bedroom, put out fresh towels and washed the others, hopefully ironed the wax out of the table cloth (I'll find out tomorrow but in the meantime, will no longer let the grands use the candle snuffer), put in two major orders for things (odds and sods had listed in my planner, plus a bed for the spare room (not mattress, just a bed.) We went for a walk in the afternoon, I came up with something dh could make for dinner and then napped. This evening we started Ted Lasso (very good) and then I worked on answering church emails. Ugh. It is Boxing Day, a Stat holiday, I should not be back to dealing personnel stuff so soon after Christmas.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:20 pm

Lucy there is a learning curve with the cromebook. Give it a bit of time to get used to the settings.
There were some instructions to view and those helped me when I got min.
Think back to when you had a class on the 1st few days of school.
A new phone takes time to figure out for me too.

I have done my dishes and gotten the kitchen mostly in shape I need to get in the shower before bed this evening.

Return to “Post When You Can”