Tuesday, not Monday: PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Tuesday, not Monday: PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:06 am

I'm always disoriented after a Monday holiday and today is no different. Feels like Monday so I keep reorienting myself. And we'll have another next week.

What are you doing today? Another day of holiday (Boxing Day?) and family, or back to normal, back to cards (LadyM, as evidenced yesterday)? Whatever, keep your wits and the day of the week about you!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Re: Tuesday, not Monday: PWYC

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:10 am

Good morning

I was up before 6am and ready to get started on my day. I tried to make myself stay in bed but soon gave up and did what I wanted to do. I set up mine & kids cards for today, put my stack of cards in my pj pocket and got started. Within an hour I had finished all the AM cards.

Thankfully getting a normal start to my day turned out to be a good thing in more ways than just because I wanted to. I had forgotten that DS15 had his last one-on-one workout with personal trainer this morning @8am. When my alarm went off at 7:30 to remind me to get ready to leave the house I was confused. I had not written the appointment on the calendar, so I needed to look through our text messages to confirm that we did have an appt with her today. We made it on time and later walked out of the gym sweating and happy to have that done.

Now DS15 is fully trained in how to use all the various weights and exercise equipment. He has a weekly exercise routine developed just for him. He has received instructions on recommended eating choices. We are stopping the meeting with the personal trainer because DS15 has enough knowledge to get him started. Now it is just practicing this life skill so he will go to the gym and design his own workouts as one of his homeschool classes.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:19 am

Apparently, I'm doing nothing.

I'm exhausted from staying up too late last night. I chose not to take my ADD meds this morning so that is contributing to slug like behaviour.

I'll try and poof now. There is a hint of sunlight out the window and it is warm so I may get out for a walk today.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 26, 2023 11:57 am

During the night - or last night before bed? - I found myself asking what was for dinner tonight, before recalling that it's Tuesday and dh will be bowling. And I am thinking I may have missed the garbage truck this morning. I just got it out there, and the few cans up the street look askew, as tho the truck had dropped them back instead of placed carefully by the curb. So we'll see about the garbage, it wasn't full so may come back to the garage later.

We had another lovely evening but I'm glad I don't have to go anywhere today. Four couples, lots of talk and cross-talk. Dh was tired - maybe not feeling well too? but he was very very quiet and we were the first to leave.

I'm going to order from Instacart today. A treat for myself not to go to grocery.

This has been sitting forever.

((Kathryn)) sounds like you had a lovely holiday. I'm sure there's a let-down feeling, especially after the visit with dsis.

LadyM, good for you on the workouts! And a great life skill to have ds figuring out his own workout and motivating himself. Our trainers are off this week - I could still go and workout but I'm not.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:03 pm

For several reasons both kids are choosing not to visit DS50 and family with us. I have made arraignments for DD12 to stay with DD47. DS15 will stay at home and continue his normal routine. We do have camera systems to monitor DS15 and real time location tracker that we can monitor both of the kids if we choose. I don't think that will be necessary and have confidence that DS15 will not make really stupid decisions with this new freedom. He is less than 3 years away from being an adult and capable of being on his own full time so this will be a trial practice for him.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:18 pm

Hey.
Waving slowly.
Emerging from two long days of celebration, bleary. I am bewildered by the normal world after this particular holiday multi-peopleing. Staggering into the visuals of the ordinary, I encounter everyday things and say, "I remember you, were you here all the time?"

I weigh less, having forgotten to eat, I suppose. My water glass was filled with lemon water this morning, strangely. That's HRH's drink, so either he is bewildered too, or I am even more so than I think.

Twins' advises ... keep your wits about you. Yes. Digesting that.

Kathryn
says ...apparently, I'm doing nothing ... exhausted.

I dearly love our family and extendeds, but in their wisdom, determined not to be in our little house all at the same time on Christmas Day, the staggered visits became exhausting, and taken together were as large a family gathering as the day before at ds' house. Poor dstepson, belonging to two of the groups, was dutifully here twice, the second time (bless him) bringing me more paper plates, and a helpful number of disposable forks.

The number I came up with posting last night didn't even count dd26, who spent the morning here on put-together duty with her Dad, staring at various instructions, parts strewn across the den. That's been tradition for a couple decades, I suppose. But if I count her, that's 16 people here yesterday when we weren't even having an event. Overlapping, meeting each other in the driveway.

Tobias was appalled. Which, remembering, makes me smile. His eyes can get so wide, and he turns his back in disapproval. But he loves his Christmas gift (pet water fountain), and everyone either petted him or spoke sweetly to him, so it wasn't so bad. He did sleep in this a.m., very telling.

I shall be back when I regain myself and face the week. Let's see... .. Tuesday.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:33 pm

Thanks for for who ever mentioned that today was their tues. trash day so I remembered mine and
got it out to the curb in a timely manner. I slept in a bit and had a longer qt trying to get pages ready I can move for the
first of the year set up is going pretty well.
I've taken down a few cards and moved some things back.
We had some rain and my folding wagon was not quite under the eves all the way so was a bit wet
I brought it inside to dry off. Sun came out and I hear a dove cooing in the distance.
I have left over meat to eat today and some veg. as well.
I made up the dough for dough balls for the dog she approves.
Wishing you all rest!
Last edited by Nancy on Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:40 pm

Emerging from two long days of celebration, bleary. I am bewildered by the normal world after this particular holiday multi-peopleing. Staggering into the visuals of the ordinary, I encounter everyday things and say, "I remember you, were you here all the time?"

Well written and so true!

I read your words about Tobias and your dd putting together toys and things with her dad to my youngest. She asked if you were a writer d harriet! Your words give pictures to what is happening in your world. Beautiful!

I still think your gentle humor, your ability to paint a story with warm and meaning, could be made into a book about family - the day to day. Truly beautiful as always.

hi d lady! Enjoy your time with your ds! You have done a great job raising your ds15 and he is growing into an amazing man who is learning about good decisions for himself. I hope you all have a great time!

hi d twins! I am glad you had a lovely evening! hope he feels very good this morning!

d Kathryn take some time to rest after such a busy and lovely holiday!

d Nancy - enjoy your day.

hello to everyone!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:02 pm

Good day to all!

Harriets words reflected how I was feeling but couldn't put it into words/thoughts of what I was feeling. After a weekend of merriment, cooking and gifting - I am finding myself facing this new day to see that the "ordinary" and the "normal" are still there ! It feels good!

today: I have to take our, (fire hazard of a), tree down.

dd younger will pick up mom - I need to give her her meds and lunch.

back to timer time (not hammer time 8-) )
emptied dw
filled dw
counters cleaned
donate christmas cards - I really didn't like them but was desperate for last minute cards. it's on fb marketplace for free
Last edited by blessedw2 on Tue Dec 26, 2023 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:53 pm

I submitted the Instacart order - won't be delivered until afternoon which gives me some time to add things. I'm going to make a black bean and tomato soup later. I have dishwasher going, it wasn't full but I like to run it before it gets too stinky. And the roomba is going too.

I'm working on billing for the HOA homeowner fees which are due in January. They actually are due 1 January and I'm struggling to understand this process. QB is so not logical.

Return to “Post When You Can”