Write it down Wednesday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Ramblinrose

Re: Write it down Wednesday PWYC

Postby Ramblinrose » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:19 pm

I’m sitting in the drs office waiting to be seen. The mole I had removed 3 weeks ago has not healed and it looks to me to be infected. My medical friend has looked at it and is worried it could turn into staph infections I surely don’t need that

My house is still in good shape but like everyone else I am confused about the day of the week. I am following my planner for daily work but putting off big projects like straightening the pantry or deep cleaning the refrigerator. Will do that after all the extra food is gone

Kathryn… your sister behavior sounds SS a lot like Sweeties. He is doing pretty well with the exception he can’t remember causal friends name or what their relationships are to us. He can’t keep my nieces and nephews name straight and how the are related. Daily routines are fine with him so I’m not surprised that he can’t remember names. That really stated getting bad a few weeks ago.

There is no way Sweetie could ever travel by himself any more unless it just a place close by. He can drive to the grocery store or to get a hair cut but both places which are next to each other are less than a mile away and only a left hand turn from out the community gate. However I’m not sure if I sent him to to grocery to get more than two items he could do it

Cathy… glad you are feeling better. I have several friends that either have a bad cold or Covid after they travel.

That was my concern coming to the drs today. I am sitting far away from people but not masked. I’m not sure I believe that they are really effective. At 94 my mom had never had any vaccinations in her life with the exception of small pox and polio. She was in rehab at 94 and received her first flu shot.

I told my ddil’s father about that… he is a retired dr and ran the ER n several hospital and he couldn’t believe that about my mom. She never had the measles, mumps or chicken pox although she nursed me and my brother through all of them.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 27, 2023 2:54 pm

Home from my wanderings and I need to get myself busy. The top priority is the HOA invoices. There are seventy-something and I am going to challenge myself to get do batches of fifteen. I'd like to do two batches this afternoon. That includes checking, stuffing and stamping the HOA address on the envelope. I'm hoping it goes faster than it was going yesterday. I must focus and get through this somehow.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:11 pm

d rose - I believe it about your d mom!
my grandparents - until they got older and modern meds touched them- and great grandparents were the same! most things they took were family recipes : parsley, garlic in food, fennel seed tea for stomach issues etc. They went to the woods and would know which herbs/plants helped their body!.

my great grandmother never used shampoo until she was in her 80's and her daughter insisted on it. He hair suddenly became oily and bad. it was terrible for her. She had always brushed her hair over a hundred times each night with a clean brush. it worked all her life. she did take baths in half a wine barrel every once a week as everyone used that water. Of course she washed up but she had the most beautiful skin all her life.

my brother rarely gets sick.

hope you have a good dr. appointment!

hi d twins! hope you can finish all those HOA invoices done!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 27, 2023 3:49 pm

In the waiting room at urologist office. Y’all say a prayer that this visit is better than the last,
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:06 pm

I walked around the basement and fetched froz. veg. from the deep freezer.
Did half of our walk it's quite brisk out.
Rain did stop.
''''''
Did some writing.
Did more of our walking but still do not have all my steps in but progress is good.
Was able to see a concrete truck pouring more on the pole barn on our block. Warming up now.
Last edited by Nancy on Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Wed Dec 27, 2023 5:25 pm

Hi to all!

Hoping the doctor handles this with ease, Ramblin'.

I meant to ask about the Dr. Suess part of the service, Kathryn, and how it went.

LadyM
, have fun during your time away, enjoying ds' family.

Mystery,
your plans sound very sensible, but I agree with you that daily life still has to fit, lol. Best college wishes.

Prayers for good news at the urologist, lucylee, clarity, understanding.

There's some new year news. Into my house comes dd26, who will live here until her wedding. It's less change than it seems, because she is already our most-visiting child. Not many items incoming, just her, because 2023 has seen her living as an old-fashioned boarder a few towns over in a lady's house, with her own bedroom but the rest common/formal. She'll leave for work at 8, get home at 7 on weekdays, so we'll only see her evenings, weekends. She'll be in our house's smallest room, not really evicting anyone except her Dad's uncomfortable nights when he can't keep sleeping in one place. But he still has the den couch. He is very positive about this change (probably a Daddy thing).

The young man continues to try to find a house or condo to buy, as he continues living with his parents and sister. The market for small homes here is in gridlock, with sales happening before places even hit the market. But hopefully something will open up for him before the wedding. His dream is to find a "fixer-upper" and have time before the wedding to increase both livability and value. He's been saving up for years and is "preapproved", but that hasn't seemed to help, since it's speed that matters now, or willingness to buy without even getting a walk-through. You can't assume time to make a lower offer and try to dicker. The next guy offers the asking price right away.

So, they are deciding to both save like misers for a while. They really don't want to start out renting. She and her Dad are working out the financial arrangement here. For my part, I expect household help.

We are pleased that dd's boss surprised employees with so much holiday vacation time, from today until Tuesday return. It allows us to be calm about the organizing of this, but there's not too much to do, really.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:12 pm

Harriet: it is wonderful to have children you like return home for a while. I loved having ds here while he saved to go to Australia.

I got the house blessing finished. Dh helped a bit with the office and with doing a few little things that needed attention.

I still have to clear off the 'not in too bad shape' dining table and set it for tomorrow.

There is cider mulling now (dh wanted some for tonight) and I will bake the birthday cake tonight and decorate tomorrow.

Still don't know when ds and family will arrive. I do know dinner needs to be at 5.

Tonight's dinner is heated up ribs for dh and grilled cheese and bacon for me.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Wed Dec 27, 2023 6:33 pm

I have (contrary to plan) printed all 73 invoices and reconciled both the number of physical pieces of paper and the expected revenue. I even went online and found the address for the owner of one rented home here. So tomorrow it is folding and stuffing envelopes. I ordered a box of 100 envelopes - usually I just use my own and don't mail very many items monthly, but I wanted window envelopes to mail these. I have a full roll of stamps that the HOA will reimburse me for, and I'll continue to use on HOA biz. I've stamped the HOA return address on the envelopes. I think I finally have it right.

I've not been able to focus more than a few minutes - the dog has been "needy" and my patience has been beyond tested.

Our supper is salmon, green beans and a baked sweet potato.

I have nothing on the calendar tomorrow. Priorities:
-get HOA invoices ready to mail
-DAR documents
-pansies
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:53 pm

That sounds great, Harriet, to have dd home for a little while!

I’m on phone, too tired to try to deal with Chromebook right now, so, not cuop.
Just wanted to tell y’all — VERY good feeling after meeting the surgeon.
He agreed that the other, particularly painful, procedure is not absolutely necessary (not that he wouldn’t advise it!) and although the bladder stone may cause some horrible pain down the road… yes, you can live with it until it does make an ER visit necessary, so, yes, if dh wants to ONLY take care of the kidney mass, that is certainly possible. No camera in his bladder, any catheter problems can be taken care of while he is asleep.
Dh feels sooo much better.
They will be calling us to schedule surgery. Dh is still hoping to put it off till late February.
Tomorrow is another day.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Wed Dec 27, 2023 11:30 pm

Lucylee: I'm glad you have a plan that your dh can live with.

I managed to get the cake made and the kitchen all cleaned up. The dishwasher has stopped running so I'll open it up now and put away the dishes in the morning after they air dry.

Off to bed. Still need to write a sermon and prayers, etc but will start that in the morning.

Return to “Post When You Can”