Thinking Thursday PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Thinking Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:25 am

What's on your mind today? The new year? The old year in review? Are you thinking of the agenda for the rest of the week? Planning ahead? Or thoughts of rest and relaxation before the year begins anew?

So many thoughts crowding OMM today!

Do share yours.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Thinking Thursday PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:23 am

Yesterday I laid out my priorities - HOA invoices, DAR application, and getting pansies into the dirt. We're going to eat out tonight - if dh isn't having dinner with a client. He said he suggested it but the client didn't respond.

It occurs also to me, following Kathryn's lead, that I need to start planning for dh's birthday which is Saturday. We're having people over to watch the FL State bowl game with GA and serving lasagna. So I must think through prep. Maybe I'm doing another Instacart order for groceries so I can make the sauce tomorrow early. (I'm overthinking this also - should I go to the grocery myself?)

I have a load of laundry going, need to get myself moving.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:34 am

Hi!

So far all I have done is taken compost to the end of the driveway. I couldn't see anything at any of the driveways nearby, but I can't see that far down the road due to the intense fog we have here right now. If it isn't taken today, I will put it out again tomorrow. They may have changed the schedule due to the holiday.

No idea what is for supper. Dh and I are both still sick.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:39 am

Do you all do a vision board?
I am listening to a yt on planning with a goals planner that reminds me of the Happiness File book method.
I'm up on time did my qt & planning.
Glad I did spiff up the floors before bed helps me have a better day today.
Having a plan helps!
Seems like another Saturday! LOL!

What is your kryptonite?

I need to vac. in the bedrooms ddoggo has been shedding but is less this week than last yea!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:24 pm

we are doing a praying Thursday. Mom called at 5 am to 5:40 am multiple times re: flying today to Florida
then continued to call
then finally called me and told me that she is not going bc she's tired. (she can tell me/try to bully me but won't do that to dd older.)
praying that it all works out and that she goes without freaking out.
She has been insisting on going back and this is a bump in the road. She is exhausted.

I am tempted to go over there to help but she will be argumentative with me. dd older is going over there soon.
I will suggest she comes here so that she can relax and watch tv.
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:31 pm

good morning to you all.

d Nancy - I did a vision board once and put it on my fridge and forgot about it - even though it was staring at me in the face. I know it works for a lot of people. Visual things disappear after awhile for me.
hope you have a good day!

hi d cathy! hope the fog burns off soon.
praying for both of you to feel better!!!

hi d twins - thank you for the start!
hope you have a great start to your day!!!

what does OMM mean d twins. thank you!

wishing all of you a good day.
I have to admit I am having a negative attitude today and yesterday - I like a positive approach to my day but I am not feeling it right now. Sometimes I just have to go with the flow.

Dove

Postby Dove » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:42 pm

Good morning -- just lost a long post -- drat. Usually I remember to copy & paste before hitting preview, but not today. Oh well.

~~~ Waving & wishing you all a wonderful day! :) ***Poof***

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:16 pm

A vison board is probably too fancy for me, Nancy. I'm more of a last minute, don't think beyond a few days.

I have finished the HOA invoices! I am cutting myself slack now and next week will get accounting up to date. Now to spend some time on the DAR papers I can't seem to finish. Today would be the day to deal with some pansies too. It's cooler and cloudy tomorrow.

Bw2, OMM is On My Mind.

And, the mail person just came by and the invoices went with him!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:44 pm

D Twins thank you! I had looked up OMM and this is what came up:
Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine or OMM :lol:

yay on getting rid of the invoices!

have a wonderful day d Dove!
Last edited by blessedw2 on Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:58 pm

I had a nap. At some point dh turned up the music, so I think that's what woke me up.

We decided to have Hamburger Helper for supper. Not the greatest, but easy to make.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Return to “Post When You Can”