Final Friday of the Year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Final Friday of the Year

Postby lucylee » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:21 pm

I just do not understand this chromebook. WHY does it refuse to sign in to the home internet, but it is very happy to use my hotspot on my phone? Smh...

Electronics are just sooo frustrating. Of course, electronics brought me you ladies, so there are definitely some good points to it all... but sometimes I think it'd be easier to live like the Amish. :roll: (I know; I wouldn't last a day under those conditions.)

Anyway, glad to see LadyM back. Did you see my post re: the refurbished apple watch? It's $86 for a series 3, same as i have right now with a broken screen, and it comes from Back Market. As best I can tell, this is not a scam site, but who knows?

Today's anchored women planning post --
short version --

To actually make the most important things happen, I have to simply stick to the things that matter the most.
Take a moment to look at your priorities. What comes first? Next? What are the things that will matter to you 50 years from now?

Your time says a lot about where your priorities really are. Where are you spending your time?
Are you spending your time the way you WANT to be? If not, what can you change?
What do you need to say YES to * or NO to * this year, to begin making progress on those things?

Narrow this down to 3-5 priorities, only those things that are TRULY the most important?

This is still tough for me, as my priorities are definitely my family, taking care of dh, dgrands, and dmom... so fitting in other things (like zone cleaning?) is just really difficult. Of course, I could certainly say NO to scrolling on the phone and playing games on the phone. That is by far my biggest waste of time. Not time spent HERE -- but the time spent on FB and going down rabbit holes on wikipedia and playing games.
I need to make exercise a priority.
Tomorrow is another day.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:30 pm

┍━━━━━»•» ❀ «•«━┑
... .. Our 2024 Cleaning Focus Calendar .. ..
┕━»•» ❀ «•«━━━━━┙

is up as the first post in Cleaning Forum.

And just below it :
About One Area at a Time,
How to Clean notes and
Maintenance How-To and concepts

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 5:35 pm

I am taking a rest day after over doing it yesterday.
I did work on the butterfly room zone this morning.
I cleared out another tray.
Laundry is going now.
I have my steps up for the a m without a walk.
The dog is resting too.
After resting
laundry is current, had dinner, got my steps in after walking ddoggo to corner after dark to enjoy the lites.
One house had them down and put away already.
Dishes are done also.
I did a bit of drawing it gives me peace.
Last edited by Nancy on Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:07 pm

The calendar is kinda foundational for me throughout the year. I move away from it at times for so many reasons. But I always gravitate back, because anytime I just look around and wonder what I "should" be doing, I know there's a sort of "pre-approved plan" that's underpinning my day/week/year generally. For cardfile, it's obvious - always there. With my planner, it's both on the checkoff chart and written in words somewhere on the dayspace. That was the beginning, I think, of the inclusion of "someone with eyes" or personality, as a sticker mascot at the top of each week (this week there's a camel, next week a snowman) and I envision this someone telling me what we're going to clean next, what we'll declutter next. Or, if they are very friendly, I envision that they should clean their porch, too, lol.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:14 pm

d Lucy - I wish I could help you but I do not do well with any of it!
to simply stick to the things that matter the most.
I love that!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:23 pm

the calendar is fundamental for me as well! I can't seem to get to it in summer but the rest of the year I check the calendar - I print a copy for myself at the beginning of the year.
Thank you d harriet for taking such good care of all of us!
I feel grateful for this calendar - it gives me peace and works well with my ADHD.

yay on your work as well d Nancy

hello everyone!

dh is tired but seems happy - I think he is enjoying the routine again.

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Fri Dec 29, 2023 6:41 pm

Btw, my critique of dd26 manner in meeting (this was conference call, so it didn't matter that I was quietly to the side) - she's vibrant and encouraging. But she speaks too quickly, and she uses the word "awesome" too often, for too many nuances of meaning. So, she took that well, will try to say "awesome" only once in any one call/meeting and practice just saying "good". She wanted me to agree that "great" was an obvious replacement, but I insisted that she consider that many things might be good but not a lot are great, any more than they are awesome. I insisted that she at least try dialing it all the way back to "good" sometimes, and then see what words come to her as she tries to be specific to the mood or need. She sighed at that, but I think she knows she's being overly cheerful. Sometimes that's not validating to the other person, who then doesn't know how to say they're not impressed with whatever it is.

Otherwise, alone and snoopy in her workplace :) Mom took a flurry of photos, cleaned out the fridge of anything going out of date during vacation time, determined that they need an African Violet baby to grow up in their windows with their other plants, admired the unusual art, and was wowed by her view off balcony where she lunches. Landmarks, skyline, good grief. She is so blessed with interesting space for work.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:24 pm

I love that she is vibrant and encouraging d Harriet!!!
dd older now 34 was the same and now comes off as assured and positive without the sprinkling of awesome anymore.
what wonderful children you have!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:54 pm

LucyL. can you change the settings on that pc for your router?
Mine is called launcher at the bottom left of the screen.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:18 am

Nancy, it recognizes my wi-fi, but then it says “bad password.” But I am using the same password that is printed on my router.
Using my phone hotspot is okay, to some extent, but it won’t complete “set up” on just the hotspot, (Including I can’t set the time) and says it is using “data” on instead of wi-fi. I have unlimited data, but still… this needs to be fixed.
The dgrands’ phones, my desktop computer, printer, dgs’ laptop — all connect easily to our wi-fi.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”