Final Friday of the Year

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Final Friday of the Year

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:20 am

**Gulp**

Who is ready to tie up a bow on 2023 and open up 2024?

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Re: Final Friday of the Year

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:29 am

Kathryn-in-Canada wrote:
Who is ready to tie up a bow on 2023 and open up 2024?

Not me.

I spent 2.5 hours yesterday working on the sermon but still don't have it finished or the rest of the service, for that matter.

Then I put it all aside and got to work on our family Christmas.

Iced dh's cake, made biscuits for dinner (cuz they needed a hot oven) then put in the frozen turkey from a box, and set timers for the rest of the meal. Dd's family came over around 2 and we worked on making the place cards, setting the table, and getting birthday decorations out too. I added a ham and dd added a fresh quarter turkey dark to the oven and miraculously everything was ready just a bit late. It didn't help that ds's family arrived at 4:20 for a 5 p.m. meal due to dgs napping way longer than planned. And then dgs wanted just me and would throw a fit if I wouldn't read to him so that slowed me down and burned a side that I put into the toaster oven, starting a timer (plus it is supposed to stop on its own) and then was dragged out of the kitchen. No-one noted the timer, and the dying toaster never turned off.

That was the only fail.

Dd made me a gorgeous nativity scene out of sugar cookies so I have that to eat at the end of the season.

The day was a success but we are exhausted and the apartment is a bit of a wreck now.

But first, my light therapy, s2s, and then work on the service.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 29, 2023 9:34 am

Hi!

It's certainly been quite a year.

As I sat here last night thinking about trying to make an actual meal plan for next year, I opened the top drawer to my left, took out my SHE box, opened a pack of dividers, took out my label makers and made labels for Jan-Dec and Monday - Friday and started to make cards for things. With my desk being completely clear right now, I just sort of feel more organized. I don't have the energy to do anything other than sleep/nap or sit, but my mind is still spinning like a tornado.

Tonight dh wants penne and pesto. I think the pesto in the fridge needs to be replaced.

The fog isn't as bad today. I need to try to get a doctor's appointment today for myself. Dh probably won't want to go, but he's not well either. We are going to do a C test just to make sure it's not that.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 29, 2023 10:16 am

Kathryn. I was thinking the exact same thing this morning. And we both are prepping for dh birthdays.

I woke with a sense of purpose and have laundry going and have remade the bed with fresh sheets. We are invited somewhere at six for "cocktails and snacks" for Shabbat - for our birthdays I guess. I'll shower late in the afternoon before we go, and go for a fast start this a.m.

I need to get through as much of a.m. routine as I can and get myself to the grocery so I can make the sauce for the lasagne today. And spiff the house a bit also.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:14 am

Good morning

We arrive home late last night from our trip to visit DS50, DDIL, DGS17 and DGD13. Every part of the experience went better than I expected.

Now i am scrambling to get back into my normal life.

I slept in and it caused me to scramble to get out the door this morning before 8am. Dh is having multiple heart tests done in the city. These are yearly routine tests. Ekg, sonigram of heart and sonigram of artery in neck. Easy noninvasive test.

I'm sitting in waiting room trying to get the plates spinning again. I just registered DS15 to attend a new year eve eve all night event tonight. It will be filled with teenagers from 3 communities so lots of high energy, food and fun. Everything DS15 loves but for DD12 it would be a nightmare of noise and motion so she won't attend.

I just made arrangements to pick DD12 up in two hours as we leaving the city so she will come back home with us.

Hopefully by noon everyone will be back to our normal places and doings.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Fri Dec 29, 2023 11:23 am

I was hoping you got home safely last night LadyM. So glad the trip went well for all!

I ended up walking ddog three laps - just finished breakfast and I'm heading out to grocery.
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:29 pm

Welcome home LadyM!

Dh is sleeping. All the cats are inside. I'm tired but I can't sleep.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:37 pm

Good morning to you!

d lady how wonderful that you had time with your d son and you d grandchildren.
praying your dh has a wonderful dr. visit that is full of great results
so happy your ds will have a fun night with New Years eve planned.
I understand exactly how your dd feels. An all night of people would be hard for me! hope she had fun with dd

Hi d twins!
I woke with a sense of purpose
wonderful

hi d cathy
how fun to work with your 3 x 5's

hi d Kathryn how lovely that you made your dh a cake!
the sugar cookie Nativity scene sounds beautiful

hello dear everyone - I hope you have a wonderful day!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 12:55 pm

d mom told dd's yesterday, as they were flying, "why didn't you tell me we were going to Florida?" It's very cute.
they didn't get back to Florida until midnight.

I have to admit I am enjoying the moment of free time.

dh and my spirits have lifted.

The goal: Enjoying the ordinary
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Fri Dec 29, 2023 1:09 pm

Morning...

Went to class at 8..didn't want to get up, but I did. Then came home and tried to set up Sweetie's new phone, but he doesn't have the right adapter. Spent loads of time trying to figure out a way to get one and finally found one on Amazon.

I spent yesterday working on disassembling some of my Christmas decorations and will try to get everything finished today. Tree will come down tomorrow, if not before.

I ordered a small three tier rolling cart to put all my cleaning supplies in it. I am following a gal on FB who was a professional cleaner and has since quit and now shares her wisdom on FB. She uses this cart to carry all her supplies in and I really like the idea. I also bought some reusable Swifter type dusters to use. They can be washed after using.

Twins...I've been working on my DAR application and I have all the information I need now. I have a sponsor that will help me get my application ready to submit. In the meantime I have identified 7 other patriots that I can use as well. All of these people are from my mom's side of the family. Who knew...and I am a history major who studied many of the conflicts my patriots fought in. Amazing to me.

Back to work... my planner is working out well for me, and I am thrilled with the results.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Return to “Post When You Can”