Saturday Celebrations PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Harriet

Re: Saturday Celebrations PWYC

Postby Harriet » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:18 pm

Happiest Birthday wishes to Twins' Dad and Ken in Canada!

Cathy, so sorry you will have to deal with flu.

I have eaten something that kept me sick all night and hasn't really let go of me today. Dd26 and I had a super nice time out yesterday, but twice we ate at retail places, each ordering something different. One put mayo on mine, which is usually just fine but of course could be problematic. The other was only jasmine and oat milk tea for me, at a tea place dd frequents. I do realize that just because it was simple, there still could have been problems. Dd is convinced it was the mayo, though, since the tea place keeps up such a brisk business.

Just moving slow and not demanding much of myself today.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:31 pm

I have reclaimed my home. All decorations down, pack and back in the attic. Have vacuumed and dust. Eating lunch and then when I’m finished will detail clean my kitchen

Yesterday I took down the shutter in the kitchen window and washed it. Boy did it need it.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:48 pm

I am slowly reclaiming the living room and some of the dining room. Rounded up a small laundry basket of seasonal decor items to go to the basement.
Did that while I talked to my dsis. Feels productive. I am leaving the lites and tree creche' & wood land scene up. I'm rounding up my spring things to
go out b/c the make be happy and smile getting them in one area helps. Found some when I was digging out the butterfly room.
Doing this is helping me to get my step count in. Rain is in our forecast and it is cloudy.

Sorry for those of you that are feeling unwell.

We walked then the sun came out.
Started an interesting mystery movie will watch more later when sun is not making a glare in the living room.
Curtains are opened up again now. :mrgreen:
Trying to figure out a diff way to hem stuff aka learning a new thing!
Handy man is getting wood glue for the project dson is going to bring clamps and straps that cinch up to hold it.
Had sans for supper.
Dishes are done.
Butterfly room is looking better now.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:54 pm

(((Cathy))) I hope you feel better soon.

RR - I agree. Coming into a relationship with illusions of your wife/partner doing everything your mom did is a recipe for disappointment. Hopefully those decisions can be made and agreed upon before commitment of living together. It has been my experience that over the years of being together the division of labor & responsibility changes.

LucyLee - I would google the error and see if a solution can be found. This page has several possible solutions and things to try.

Hours #1 through #8 has been successful. Now it is the time of day that I tend to have lower success so I need to increase my awareness. I will be leaving to attend celebration of pastor 50 years of service in a few minutes. I will have to stay aware of time passing and steps achieved while there. It isn't a big deal if I mess up my hourly goal and no one besides me will know.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:42 pm

I played with dogs and they are officially full of mud!
I have rinsed the kitchen floor twice and if I had one of those premonition 8 ball; I could see another two washes in my future!
flip flopped laundry
sink and counters are cleaned again

I need to stay in a separate room from dh; as I can feel his boredom.
planning my day for tomorrow
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:48 pm

d harriet - my d sis in law has had the stomach flu for 3 days. I wonder if it's going around as I have been hearing of others with stomach flu issues.
I am glad you are taking time for yourself!!! feel better!

feel better d cathy!

hi d rose - yay on your holiday cleaning.

hi d Nancy - yay on work!!!!!

hi d lady! so happy for your success! well done!
best wishes for your pastor!!

hi d twins. yay on getting so much done!!! glad your dh has been taking care of the phone calls.

Next: finish taking down command strip Christmas light holders in kitchen and dining room

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 7:11 pm

dinner is almost ready.
I have my errand list for tomorrow
dw is washing a new set of dishes.
dh is doing his laundry
and he folded a blanket I washed.
tossed things from fridge
first floor vacuumed and rinsed.
family room picked up
dining room looks picked up

next after dinner:
read my three garden magazines from November and December that I had put off for awhile.
dogs - I need to play with them again

I have been listening to a Christmas book all afternoon - I had promised myself to, at listen listen to, a holiday book. I listen to Christmas carol every year but that's tradition.

I have two books to listen or read: '
the nature of oaks: The Rich Ecology of Our Most Essential Native Trees
The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue dd younger is reading it and thought I might like it.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:11 pm

I had chicken noodle soup for supper 2 nights in a row. I think I'm feeling better tonight. Fingers crossed.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:24 pm

Happy birthday to Twins' Dad and to Ken in Canada!
(And extending sympathy to Twins' Dad for the way that ballgame turned out. I still think FL State earned the right to play in the championship, and who knows? If they had been in a better frame of mind and felt they had something to play for, that game might have turned out a lot different.)

Our game wasn't much better, as you probably know. We are sooo glad that we did NOT go and sit out in the cold to see that disappointing performance.
It's been a frustrating day all around for sports in our family -- dgs and dgd lost their games this morning. Then we came home, dh and dgs watched AU and I fell asleep on the couch. Now we are hoping the AU basketball team will do better -- they are about to play Chattanooga -- so I guess we're cheering against each other tonight, Twins?

LadyM, thank you for those instructions! I don't think I'm even computer literate enough to follow your directions. I'm going to print them out and see if ds can help.
OTOH, I think it will break dgd's heart if I send this thing back to A-river, LOL. Last night she was showing me lots of apps on it -- "It's just like the one we use at school,'" and she was very excited about it. She also cautioned me to put tape over the camera and watch my battery life.

I am doing laundry, in advance of New Year's Day. I only had to do a small load of towels and a big load of dh's clothes. I'm not a really superstitious person, but it was ingrained in me early in my childhood that you should NEVER wash clothes on New Year's Day.
I will also be cooking that huge ham -- dmom advised me to get a baking bag and follow the instructions on the bag -- and I'll fix black eyed peas and turnip greens for dh -- I don't eat them myself. Maybe a small salad for my greens? I'm not doing cornbread either, because we have a bunch of Sister Shubert's rolls in the freezer, left over from Thanksgiving.
Do any of you have special superstitions or traditions for NYD?

Glad you're feeling better, Cathy!
Harriet, I hope whatever is causing your stomach issues will go away soon!

Sounds like you're getting a lot done, blessed! WTG! Y'all too -- Nancy & Rose! I'm so inspired by the way you are keeping up with that planner, Rose. Maybe I will give it another try starting next week.
LadyM, you're a whirlwind of activity too! You definitely have earned time for a celebration with your pastor! How long has he been at your church? (I'm assuming the 50 years is a total of different congregations, but I could be wrong!)

Blessed, I do know what you mean about being your dh's entertainment. Especially when you set yourself up to get busy with something productive. That happens around here a lot. I don't know what to do about it. As I've said in the planning tips for the new year, especially now when he's facing this surgery, and having such terrible anxiety and depression, he IS my main priority. But that means what gets done around here gets done, and what doesn't get done... well, I guess I just need to learn how to forget and go on, without making myself feel guilty.
Tomorrow is another day.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:36 pm

Anchored Women, Day 5 Planning for the New Year

Take all those ideas -- your focus, habits, and priorities -- and turn them into actionable goals.

Set a FEW * REALISTIC * goals to reflect your priorities.
Remind yourself of what is important and give yourself permission to let the rest go.
(She even suggests ONE habit goal and ONE project goal per quarter.)
You might have one goal; you might have five, but make sure you're not taking on too much. Otherwise you'll end up right back where you were.

Aim for PROGRESS, not PERFECTION. (Where have we heard THAT before???)
By keeping tabs on how you're working on these goals throughout the month, you can make progress... one foot in front of the other, one step at a time.

By breaking our goals into steps, we have less to-dos to juggle, and our focus is simplified. We feel more CAPABLE of actually accomplishing our goals.

So -- be sure to track your progress in some way. You can check off daily boxes, use a planner, whatever system works for you.

TODAY'S CHALLENGE --
Sit down and think through the goals you might want to set for this year. Keep you priorities in mind. Your goals should align with the MOST IMPORTANT THINGS in your life.
PRAY and ask God to make clear to you what is truly important. Write this down.
Think about what your FIRST STEP should be to start reaching these goals.
Tomorrow is another day.

Return to “Post When You Can”