Saturday Celebrations PWYC

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
Twins' Mom

Saturday Celebrations PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:34 am

The long weekend is full of celebrations, beginning with birthdays today for Ken in CA and Twins Dad!

Let the weekend begin!
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

Twins' Mom

Re: Saturday Celebrations PWYC

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 30, 2023 10:09 am

Which for me means that I should get busy here. And I don't know where to start. We're having friends over around four for dh's birthday and to watch football (FL State, with third string quarterback, lol.)

Big picture for today:
-put together lasagna and bake
-make challah
-make salad
-fruit for dessert?
-get house together somewhat
-what else?
Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better [wo]man. Ben Franklin

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:13 am

Good morning

Happy Birthday wishes and thoughts for Ken and Twins DH. Most definitely a reason to celebrate!

I have retrieved DS15 from his all-night celebration with youth group. He will most likely sleep for a few hours then want to go work or hang out with his friends. I have his cards ready for him to do before he starts his preferred activities.

I am on hour #4 with my SHE cards. It feels good to get back into the groove.

I will be cooking fried potatoes with ham and making a green salad for lunch. Later today I will be cooking chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and green beans. I have a large bag of dried blackeye peas that will be put to soak overnight and cook tomorrow.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Ramblinrose

Postby Ramblinrose » Sat Dec 30, 2023 11:19 am

I am celebrating getting my house back in order and taking down all my Christmas decorations.

LadyM… you sure spend a lot of time cooking meals in your kitchen. I remember my MIL doing this and once her son married me he expected two cooked meals a day. I refused as I didn’t have time to dedicate doing that. That made him mad but I told him if he wanted two meals a day he could go back and live with his mom or cook for himself… he never mentioned it again :lol:

Love using my new cart! Now to get focus and start.
Live Boldly, Take Risks, No Regrets...Jilliam Michaels

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:33 pm

Happy Birthday to Ken in Canada and Twin's Dad!

I went to a walk in clinic this morning. I have the flu. We both tested negative for the other thing. I'm still doing the Buckley's gel capsules.

I can't remember what dh had for supper last night. He made himself a grilled cheese for lunch.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 12:59 pm

happy Saturday!

I woke up at 8 and fell asleep again! :shock: I woke up at 10 am!.

There was ice everywhere, when I woke, and I thought it would be better to stay home.

Happy birthday Ken! Happy birthday to your dh Twins!

Hope you have a wonderful day getting ready for your dh's birthday dinner with friends!

good morning d lady. did your ds had fun!

hi d rose! yay on your work for cleaning up after Christmas. you made me giggle about your dh wanted full meals after a busy holiday as it reminded me of one dh's co workers. His mother fed him breakfast in bed each morning of his life and he wanted the same. (lol that didn't go well for him)

hi d cathy - I am glad you tested negative. hope you feel better soon.

hello to everyone!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sat Dec 30, 2023 1:34 pm

Lucy type in on google search bar "bad pass word fix" and see if that helps. Or "what does bad pass word mean" something like that.

I have slept in till just before 8 in time to take my Rx.
The dog was wiggling! LOL!
Did my qt planning but not all my journaling is done yet.
I am going to try using my folding wagon to hold things to be sorted to help clear out the boxes of clutter for a bit and reclaim the space.

Moved tins to top of stairs for my trip down today.
Looked up clamps and they cost more than the items I bought ... I remember tieing em with cloth or lh used a bungie.
Still looking to see if they are in stock.

Bfast in a bit. Having more coffee for now.
Okay timer went off I"ve been on pc long enough for now need to do something.
Last edited by Nancy on Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:01 pm

sweet dog d Nancy! nothing like a wiggly dog to make a greeting Happy!
have a good day!

I had planned on going to Hewn today - really good bread place - but there was ice everywhere this morning and with my ankles it is not worth the journey.

see you soon!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:31 pm

put the cleaning focus into my new planner.
it's easier for me than putting it my cards.

dishes are washing themselves
kitchen floor vacuumed
rosemary dying in its pot and have no idea why ;)
kitchen floor washed
next put away on table etc.
------------------------
temporary guilt: lol time for a good whine, grumble and time to be Oscar the grouch ;)

dh is bored and tried to use me to take him out of his boredom. He mentioned cleaning out my mom's fridge - I could clean it and he could get out of the house. I mentioned that the reason he wanted to go was bc he was bored and didn't want to go out on his own. He did smile bc he got caught.

He wanted me to be his driver and entertainment. It's always last minute and always when I set myself on some work.

I can't go back to being his entertainment and trying to keep him busy. It gets really bad, to the point that I don't have time or life for myself. I just can't go back to that.

the guilt and his boredom can affect me deeply.

My goal next: keep my spirits up again, let him feel his feelings and figure it out. I think it's time to help him figure out something that can give him fun and purpose. (always around cars).

Tomorrow or Monday I plan on taking him with me.
----------------------------
Last edited by blessedw2 on Sat Dec 30, 2023 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Twins' Mom

Postby Twins' Mom » Sat Dec 30, 2023 2:49 pm

So sorry it's the flu, Cathy. Hoping you guys turn the corner on it soon.

I've been busy here. Have swept the garage, cleaned up a little on the screened porch, done most of a.m. routine, set the breakfast room table....lots of other stuff. Swished and swiped downstairs bathrooms.

I have challah going in the breadmaker.

------------

Looking back in later....didn't post above. The lasagna is together and I have my schedule set up for when to put it in the oven so we can eat around half-time. I'm in good shape!

Ice, bw2! The worst! It's not pretty and it's more dangerous than snow! It's not even mid-forties here - I'm glad dh isn't wanting a fire outside later.

Dh has been fielding phone calls all day, it's my worst nightmare!

Return to “Post When You Can”