Sunday Soliloquy as we slide into 2024

The daily PWYC thread, where we gather to keep in touch, keep accountable and keep motivating each other.
lucylee

Re: Sunday Soliloquy as we slide into 2024

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:50 pm

Nancy, I was working with the free version of Microsoft 365, and I want to be able to go back and forth with the same document, from the Windows PC to this Chromebook.
Is that possible?
Tomorrow is another day.

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:23 pm

I do not use microsoft but there is an M at the bottom of my home screen so try that.
A person could save a file and move it or put it in email I would think.

:idea:
Control J is a way to quick access a pdf file I just learned last week.
What I did was just try to do one new thing a day with it and in a month I had learned a lot.

try typing in your search bar / Microsoft 365/ see if you can get to a login screen

or how to access microsoft 365... in search bar.
-----
It is not the M that is for mail. LOL!
I do not know on the external device.

Type that in your search bar how do I save to external .....
found this .....
How do I save files to an external hard drive on a Chromebook?
Transfer Files to a USB Drive or Memory Card on Google Chromebook
Connect the drive to Chromebook.
Click the icon. Click the Files. ...
Select files and folders.
Drag and Drop or Copy and Paste the files from the drive to Chromebook. ...
-------
/ walked the ddoggo
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.

lucylee

Postby lucylee » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:38 pm

I can use Microsoft, I just can’t find a “save to” command for any external device. It wants to save everything to the cloud, I think.
Tomorrow is another day.

LadyMaverick

Postby LadyMaverick » Sun Dec 31, 2023 4:19 pm

If you save the file in the cloud, then you can access it from any of your devices (desktop, Chromebook and phone). When you have the document open, look for the FILE, then SAVE AS to save your document in a different place (or multiple places).

I have been thinking about what small habits I want to establish in 2024. I want to work on establishing one habit a month.
January = 14 hourly goals each day. The first 8 hours of the day is becoming fairly doable to achieve hourly goals. I had to be intentional to train myself. Now I want to expand that intentional training to include all 14 hourly goals each day.

Christmas decorations are down. I'll wait for a day before packing the Christmas tubs because there is usually something I miss and need a day or two to notice.
1. Know what you want.
2. Go after it relentlessly.

Kathryn-in-Canada
Administrator

Postby Kathryn-in-Canada » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:32 pm

Church went very well and my service was very well received. Our former supply minister attended church and when I was at the door she asked if she could give me a hug and then said in my ear "that was what they needed to hear." So that was very affirming. She and I have known each other well for about 15 years including traveling to preaching conferences. She was good about calling attention to the way staff are disrespected at our church.

We got off at 2:00 and should be at our destination by 6:00 I have no idea how I am going to stay awake until midnight

Harriet

Postby Harriet » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:33 pm

Listening
Sometimes resolutions can be less than serious, I think. Maybe less than sincere.
I was thinking back across the year, to consider my most sincere advisory voices, IRL. (Obviously, I always listen to ya'll - that's a no-brainer.) One that really touched me with some thoughtful sincerity was my Gen Prac (and, yes, I know I'm lucky in that).
He had two tailored-to-me health advisories :
1) continuing to build back to my level of exercise of mid 2022, when I was hit with obstacles, and
2) cutting back on sugar even though I "look" okay by the numbers.
Both are future-centric or future-insuring. The first is a "resolution" of forward momentum to where he and I both know I have been before, but acknowledge won't be so easy now, when energy isn't as certain. The other is a "resolution" to pull back any momentum toward a pitfall I wouldn't have given much attention except that he noticed a potential when I didn't. I was convinced it wouldn't be hard - he wasn't so sure, again because I might not have my usual energy level propelling me to activity as much. So, his insight on that does impress me - he's kinda saying, nip it, nip it in the bud.

To whom do you listen IRL? Is there someone who cares who is willing to tell you when they have a vantage point to see a pitfall or an opportunity? Just a thought. I hope if and when I advise people around me I really zero in on their well-being and no other agenda. They deserve my sincerity and I deserve to know I really try to help.

CathyS

Postby CathyS » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:33 pm

Hi!

I'm feeling better today than I was yesterday.

Dh and I did some grocery shopping locally. It's still overcast here. Trying to snow.

I had a nice hot shower and crawled into bed to warm up afterwards and fell asleep. Dh has gotten supper underway.

Supper will be steak and baked potatoes in the oven. Dh also unloaded and reloaded the dishwasher. :shock: All I did was turn it on.

We heard that Las Vegas will be busy with wedding venues all booked today for the "12/31/23" date. Busier than "07/07/07" and "11/11/11" dates.
Dishes never stop.
Laundry never stops.
Paper never stops.

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:34 pm

so happy you are feeling better today d Cathy!!!!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

blessedw2

Postby blessedw2 » Sun Dec 31, 2023 5:36 pm

dh is cutting up the end of the month boxes from a river -

I have been staying ahead by one to four months on things since covid shut down occurred. I think I can go back to two months and leave it at that.
part of me wants to keep ahead but the other part says it's not necessary.

Maybe I can try putting things on hold.

------------
quick wave!
it is always a joy to be here with you!

Nancy
Location: Washington state in the Pacific Northwestern part of the USA.

Postby Nancy » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:34 pm

I have some ongoing projects and I am trying to learn a new technique for hemming and will be using it on pj's to practice.
SO glad we walked when we did it's been raining pretty hard since then.
I am giving myself until the 7th to take down the lites so I have plenty of time and no pressure yea! Great decision I think.
I did my dishes after dinner.
Last edited by Nancy on Sun Dec 31, 2023 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Return to “Post When You Can”